Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pitino to St. John's?

Featured Replies

That's exactly what I think CCC.

 

It might take more than 2 years, but for some reason I'm sure that that's how it will happen when RP leaves.

  • Replies 71
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pitino has told people very close to him that this year or next is his last at UL as I have said many times on here. I don't buy the 2011 recruiting class reason for him staying because I've watched those kids a ton, and there isn't a single big time instant impact talent in the group...

Pitino has told people very close to him that this year or next is his last at UL as I have said many times on here. I don't buy the 2011 recruiting class reason for him staying because I've watched those kids a ton, and there isn't a single big time instant impact talent in the group...

 

What???? I thought the 2011 class was the class to end all classes? :lol:

What???? I thought the 2011 class was the class to end all classes? :lol:

 

It must be a pretty good class, 4 top 70 (no matter what recruiting service you look at) players is a good start to a recruiting class. It would be a top 5 class if they don't add another player.

 

And they still have a great shot at adding a couple other top 100 type in that class.

Pitino has told people very close to him that this year or next is his last at UL as I have said many times on here. I don't buy the 2011 recruiting class reason for him staying because I've watched those kids a ton, and there isn't a single big time instant impact talent in the group...

 

Surprised you don't think Blackshear and/or Chandler have a chance to be impact players. Being they are both highly regarded (5 star) type prospects. I hate to hear that. I really though Blackshear could come in and be an impact player. Why are they regarded so highly then?

Surprised you don't think Blackshear and/or Chandler have a chance to be impact players. Being they are both highly regarded (5 star) type prospects. I hate to hear that. I really though Blackshear could come in and be an impact player. Why are they regarded so highly then?

Both would become impact players in time, but I don't think either comes in right away and makes a big splash. I have seen serious concerns about playing with consistent effort from both kids and that takes time to get corrected...

I think RP will be in Louisville about 2-3 more years....Then the Billy Donovan era starts.

 

I would love to hear 3 legitimate reasons why Donovan would leave Florida for L'ville. Downgrade IMO.

I would love to hear 3 legitimate reasons why Donovan would leave Florida for L'ville. Downgrade IMO.

 

They won back to back national titles and they couldn't sell out their small arena the next year. He's not or never will be the big man on campus. His idol tells him to. New arena.

 

There's 4.

I would love to hear 3 legitimate reasons why Donovan would leave Florida for L'ville. Downgrade IMO.

 

1. Big East (Billy D's home)

2. UofL is a Top Ten program all-time. UF is a THE football school.

3. Fresh start, he ain't exactly done well at UF lately.

 

No way it is a downgrade. It probably will never happen, but UF is not a better basketball job than UofL. I actually think he'll give the St Johns job some thought too.

I would love to hear 3 legitimate reasons why Donovan would leave Florida for L'ville. Downgrade IMO.

 

Florida us a second rate basketball school. It's not a hot job nor is it a great arena. Louisville is a much better upgrade.

I would love to hear 3 legitimate reasons why Donovan would leave Florida for L'ville. Downgrade IMO.

 

1. UF is a football school. He's 2nd fiddle to Meyer at UF. If Bear Bryant felt overshadowed by Rupp, don't you think Donovan could feel the same by having to compete with his buddy Urban? UF barely sells out their basketball games on a consistent basis.

2. In terms of prestige Florida is no where near U of L, are you joking? Florida might not even be a top 20 job overall. Billy D is responsible for 10 of UF's 15 NCAA tourney appearances, 3 of their 4 trips to the Final Four, and was the coach in all 3 title games UF has played in.

3. Let's not even compare the Big East to the SEC in basketball. The SEC is a garbage basketball conference.

4. Fans and atmosphere....Would you rather coach in a new building that's packed with avid fans or a half-filled 30 year old arena that only holds 12,000 people?

 

Let's compare:

-U of L has 36 tourney appearances compared to UF's 15.

-Both have two National Titles.

-U of L 8 Final Fours to UF's 4.

-And let's not even compare Conference Titles

 

Please, please tell me how it's a downgrade I'd love to hear it. The only reason UF is note-worthy in basketball is Billy D, they had no history before he got there. Why could he not do that or even better at U of L? Also U of L has been one of the biggest money makers in College basketball the last few years so it's not like they couldn't give him a raise though it would probably be a very small one. :idunno:

Why Donavan will stay.

 

Wife loves FLA.

Sunny weather

Kids go to school there

No expectations at Fla. Football school

Sunny weather

better places to shop. eat

more to do

SEC is as good as Big East (see NCAA tourny)

UF being a better basketball job than U of L is one of the biggest jokes I have ever seen. It's not even a good job, let alone better than a top 10 program. Billy D made UF and has two titles but is struggling now to put a highly competitive team on the floor. With U of L's new arena there would be no shortage of talent in Louisville IMO.

 

And I hate taking up for Billy D.

Please, please tell me how it's a downgrade I'd love to hear it. The only reason UF is note-worthy in basketball is Billy D, they had no history before he got there.
I guess Lon Kruger's final four appearance at Florida doesn't count ...

Forget if Dovovan would want UofL, would UofL want Donovan?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.