March 22, 201016 yr I think it's funny to see UK fans trying to come up with reasons why Billy D wouldn't consider the UofL job, because there's just no way he would spurn UK not once, but twice, and then take a job at UofL...:lol:
March 22, 201016 yr SEC is as good as Big East (see NCAA tourny)So ... a few games in one week negates an entire season?
March 22, 201016 yr I guess Lon Kruger's final four appearance at Florida doesn't count ... I mentioned that one. That's one good run, just one. Before BD got to Gainesville UF had been past the second round of the tourney a whopping TWO TIMES!!!! Like I said UF is not UF without Billy Donovan. But if you want to go on one Final Four appearance I guess George Mason is a top of the line job too....
March 22, 201016 yr I think it's funny to see UK fans trying to come up with reasons why Billy D wouldn't consider the UofL job, because there's just no way he would spurn UK not once, but twice, and then take a job at UofL...:lol: Don't forget the NBA. Donovan makes great money at UF, lives in a great climate, plays in a weaker conference, and has ZERO pressure. He turned down the best job in his league, and chickened out on stepping up to the NBA. Why would he want UofL? Honestly, what does UofL offer that the UK job didn't? A tougher conference schedule? The only reason I can think of is that he's Pitino's puppet.
March 22, 201016 yr Don't forget the NBA. Donovan makes great money at UF, lives in a great climate, plays in a weaker conference, and has ZERO pressure. He turned down the best job in his league, and chickened out on stepping up to the NBA. Why would he want UofL? Honestly, what does UofL offer that the UK job didn't? A tougher conference schedule? The only reason I can think of is that he's Pitino's puppet. Things have changed in Florida, this was the 3rd season in a row that they have been down. When he was offered the UK job (the first time) and the Magic job, UF was on top of the world. They're not so much anymore.
March 22, 201016 yr So ... a few games in one week negates an entire season? You can say the same for the SEC too. It isnt like Louisville was a giant killer, got beat by a very weak Pac 10 Conf team. Not to mention G-Town and Villanova. At least the SEC knew Fla wouldnt make it far, hoped Vandy to at least 2nd or 3rd round. Big East had more and has lost more in tourny.
March 22, 201016 yr Things have changed in Florida, this was the 3rd season in a row that they have been down. When he was offered the UK job (the first time) and the Magic job, UF was on top of the world. They're not so much anymore. And thats enough to outweigh everything else? Also, you think UofL wants to pay him $4 million a year? He's making $3.5 million at Florida. I don't think he'd go without a raise. I wouldn't pay that for Donovan.
March 22, 201016 yr And thats enough to outweigh everything else? Also, you think UofL wants to pay him $4 million a year? He's making $3.5 million at Florida. I don't think he'd go without a raise. I wouldn't pay that for Donovan. He's a two time Champion coach that is relatively young and is going to get a strong recommendation from Pitino so I could see it.
March 22, 201016 yr *I can see Ricky P going to St. Johns. Going home means alot IMO. *I would not be surprised to see Billy D. at Louisville, but I don't know about him coming in after Pitino. I think it will be hard for anyone to walk the sidelines after Slick Rick (lets face it like him or not he is still one of the best if not THE best coach in all of college basketball) and I don't know if Billy D. would want to be the follower. I would not be surprised to see him take it, but I can also see him passing on the offer.
March 22, 201016 yr I mentioned that one. That's one good run, just one. Before BD got to Gainesville UF had been past the second round of the tourney a whopping TWO TIMES!!!! Like I said UF is not UF without Billy Donovan. But if you want to go on one Final Four appearance I guess George Mason is a top of the line job too.... You said they had "no history" ... that is clearly not the case. I've never made the claim that Florida is an elite program, so no reason to lecture me on it. By its membership in the SEC, Florida is already an upper-level Division I program.
March 22, 201016 yr You can say the same for the SEC too. It isnt like Louisville was a giant killer, got beat by a very weak Pac 10 Conf team. Not to mention G-Town and Villanova. At least the SEC knew Fla wouldnt make it far, hoped Vandy to at least 2nd or 3rd round. Big East had more and has lost more in tourny.The Big East had more teams in the tournament because it's a bigger conference.
March 22, 201016 yr You said they had "no history" ... that is clearly not the case. I've never made the claim that Florida is an elite program, so no reason to lecture me on it. By its membership in the SEC, Florida is already an upper-level Division I program. I just don't see one FF appearance and 1 SEC title as being steeped in history. WOW!
March 22, 201016 yr The Big East had more teams in the tournament because it's a bigger conference. More doesnt mean you get more. The A-10 has 14 schools but only 3 got bids. Big East has 16 teams and got 8 bids. A-10 should have had St Louis or Rhode Island over Louisville or ND
March 22, 201016 yr A-10 should have had St Louis or Rhode Island over Louisville or ND The same St Louis that lost to ND by 12 on a neutral floor? Great point...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.