Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pitino to St. John's?

Featured Replies

Pitino told ESPN.com that he was retiring at UofL. I know people will slam this link (as usual), but I put more stock into this than Bender's facebook page.

 

link

  • Replies 71
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Louisville lost to Charlotte and West Carolina. 2 powerhouses. But Louisville beat Syracuse twice and that is all that got them in.

Well Louisville lost to Charlotte and West Carolina. 2 powerhouses. But Louisville beat Syracuse twice and that is all that got them in.

 

Those two wins are what got them in. But, two top 5 wins along with a winning league record will just about get anyone in. Take Miss. St. for example, their resume was similar to UofL's minus the two top 5 wins. Had they beat UK in either or both of those OT games they would of made it too.

 

The two teams you mentioned don't have anything close to those two Cuse wins.

Pitino told ESPN.com that he was retiring at UofL. I know people will slam this link (as usual), but I put more stock into this than Bender's facebook page.

 

link

 

As far as I'm concerned, the coaches involved are the worst possible source of information. They'll never say they're going anywhere.

I just don't see one FF appearance and 1 SEC title as being steeped in history. WOW!
Quit misrepresenting my comments. I said the Final Four appearance disputed your claim that they had "no history" prior ro Donovan getting there ... nothing more, nothing less.
The Big East had more teams in the tournament because it's a bigger conference.
More doesnt mean you get more.

 

The A-10 has 14 schools but only 3 got bids.

 

Big East has 16 teams and got 8 bids.

I meant to say "better conference" ... my bad.
Things have changed in Florida, this was the 3rd season in a row that they have been down. When he was offered the UK job (the first time) and the Magic job, UF was on top of the world. They're not so much anymore.

 

And UL is................:D Program is down big time. I guess a new arena makes a job appealing, hmmmm.....................

And UL is................:D Program is down big time. I guess a new arena makes a job appealing, hmmmm.....................

 

UofL down bigtime???

 

They've been to two elite 8's and a final four since 05. I wouldn't call that down big time.:confused:

Quit misrepresenting my comments. I said the Final Four appearance disputed your claim that they had "no history" prior ro Donovan getting there ... nothing more, nothing less.

 

Quit misrepresenting mine. One Final Four run doesn't equal history to me, and I had already mentioned it anyways. You're the one that picked the fight :lol:.

 

Like I said, Billy D made UF basketball, take it or leave it but it's pretty much the truth.

 

And UL is................:D Program is down big time. I guess a new arena makes a job appealing, hmmmm.....................

 

Seriously?

A.) U of L is the better overall program. You know, sort of like Cal leaving Memphis for UK?

B.) U of L was a 1 seed last year so it's not like they haven't been good lately.:idunno:

Quit misrepresenting mine. One Final Four run doesn't equal history to me, and I had already mentioned it anyways. You're the one that picked the fight :lol:.

 

Like I said, Billy D made UF basketball, take it or leave it but it's pretty much the truth.

 

 

 

Seriously?

A.) U of L is the better overall program. You know, sort of like Cal leaving Memphis for UK?

B.) U of L was a 1 seed last year so it's not like they haven't been good lately.:idunno:

 

I agree with this. Why are some people saying the UofL program is down? They won the BIG EAST just last year and was the overall #1 seed. They have been to more sweet sixteens and elight eights and final fours in the last 5 years than big brother, and I am about as big of a UK fan as you can find. I don't think UofL is in the catagorey as UK, Kansas, UNC, UCLA, or Duke when you talk about tradition and resources, but they are WELL ABOVE & BEYOND Flordia IMO.

Quit misrepresenting mine. One Final Four run doesn't equal history to me, and I had already mentioned it anyways. You're the one that picked the fight :lol:.

 

Like I said, Billy D made UF basketball, take it or leave it but it's pretty much the truth.

No one disputes that Donovan has taken the program to new heights, but the claim that Florida had "no history" before he got there wasn't true.

Did Norm Sloan take UF to a final four before Kruger?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.