Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Murray State 66 Vanderbilt 65

Featured Replies

  • Replies 50
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of fun watching this game at the Hilton bar and erupting with everyone else in there when the shot went down.

Kind of fun watching this game at the Hilton bar and erupting with everyone else in there when the shot went down.

 

The B-dubs I was at went berserk. It was really cool.

Coach of the year. Bah Humbug

 

Great Choice.

Congratulations to Kevin Stallings on leading his team to the SEC Tournament semifinals and a berth in the NCAA Tournament. They obviously made the right choice for Coach of the Year. :rolleyes:

 

I second that way to go SEC coach of the year.

Off topic, but is anyone listening to the UK basketball radio call in show currently? I am firmly convinced that only the dumbest people on the face of the earth are put on the air during these shows. I wonder if that is on purpose? My apologies to anyone who may call in to these programs.:sssh:

 

I wonder about the call in shows and catspause all the time.

 

It amazes me people so ignorant are able to use a telephone or a computer.

I guess Syracuse doesn't have to worry about Vandy beating up their zone defense :lol:.

 

That's what I was thinking. I'd say Boeheim breathed a sigh of relief knowing he won't have to face Stallings. :D

That's what I was thinking. I'd say Boeheim breathed a sigh of relief knowing he won't have to face Stallings. :D

 

:laugh:

 

:thumb:

I am still shaking after that. Easily one of the top 5 sport's moments of my life. I still cannot settle down.

 

There is a reason Murray State has won 31 games now. The majority of the game was played without Murray's two low post threats (which seems to happen often). So proud for Danero. He was Kennedy's first recruit to Murray State.

 

Holy crap.

If I could've picked the guy to hit the game-winning shot, it would have been Thomas. He's a nice kid, from everything that I can tell, and has been in a shooting slump for a good part of the season.
If I could've picked the guy to hit the game-winning shot, it would have been Thomas. He's a nice kid, from everything that I can tell, and has been in a shooting slump for a good part of the season.

Danero has definitely been in a "slump" this season. A lot of that has to do with the balance and his team first attitude.

 

This is the third time this season MSU has essentially won a game on a buzzer beater.

I still get goose bumps watching that shot and celebration! Now maybe when I travel for work and I'm out west and someone will actually have heard of where I went to college :lol:

I still get goose bumps watching that shot and celebration! Now maybe when I travel for work and I'm out west and someone will actually have heard of where I went to college :lol:

I still cannot get it out of mind. I started jumping up and down yelling, broke something in the house, then calmed a little bit and shed a few tears. Feels like I have been waiting so long for that moment. And to see a tool like Ogilvy go down makes it even better.

I still cannot get it out of mind. I started jumping up and down yelling, broke something in the house, then calmed a little bit and shed a few tears. Feels like I have been waiting so long for that moment. And to see a tool like Ogilvy go down makes it even better.

 

I must confess that seeing Ogilvy react in the paint after that shot invoked a little schadenfreude on my part. :D

 

I was really pulling for Murray State. They've been competitive on a consistent basis and pretty close a few times. They were due to pull it off...and any SEC team in the big dance not named Kentucky provides a golden opportunity for a memorable tournament upset.

How many times have we came close to the upset? Almost did the unthinkable with Popeye Jones against 1 seeded Michigan State in the 90's, I seem to remember a scare to Duke when I think I was in 8th grade? And we totally got hosed by the refs against UNC in Cronin's last game with the Racers

How many times have we came close to the upset? Almost did the unthinkable with Popeye Jones against 1 seeded Michigan State in the 90's, I seem to remember a scare to Duke when I think I was in 8th grade? And we totally got hosed by the refs against UNC in Cronin's last game with the Racers

In '88 Murray State loss by 3 points to Danny and the Miracles in the second round. (Allegedly) Manning said it was the toughest game they played in the tournament.

 

Off the top of my head, I believe Murray State '95 the to lost North Carolina first round by 10 or so. It was competitive for a big chunk of that game. In '97 against Duke, Murray lost by 2-3 points I believe. Duke was then beat by Providence the next round. Then of course the 3 point loss to North Carolina 4 seasons ago.

 

Yesterday was the first NCAA tournament win for the OVC since Murray State's 1988 victory over NC State. And no, last year's "Play-In" game with Morehead State does not count.

Edited by bugatti

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.