March 17, 201016 yr I don't hate Duke, heck until I was 8 or 9 they were my favorite team. Then they cost me like $350 when the lost to Arkansas, and my being born and raised in KY took over and UK was the one and only team for me. I remember playing basketball outside where I was Grant Hill, Cherokee Parks, Jeff Capel, Bobby Hurley, and Antonio Lang. :lol: One of my favorite all-time players is/was JJ Redick. Me saying Duke has the easiest road has zero to do with "hatred", and everything to do with the way their bracket sets up. :thumb:
March 17, 201016 yr What are you not understanding about the weak part of this. The fact that it's weak means that there is possibilities lesser teams can win. I don't know how to explain it to you to where you can understand. I know you are trying to be witty, but I will take the bait. In my honest opinion, I think there are 2 elite teams...UK and Kansas. After that you have Duke, Syracuse, West Virginia, Ohio State, Kansas State, Villanova and Georgetown. After that, there are some teams that can make a little noise but I exppect the National Champ to come from the group above. All week long since the brackets have come out all we hear about is Duke's gravy train to the Final Four. The thread started is called "why don't we just put Duke in the Final Four". It's also no secret that Duke is the most hated team in all of college basketball in the national landscape of things. Only corporate America types, Duke graduates and people such as myself like Duke. Greg Anthony was livid about Duke's bracket.....but no, he doesn't have a reason to hate on Duke. Jason Whitlock, (Kansas homer and poor excuse for a journalist) wrote an entire article about the CBS conspiracy theory on Duke which mentions baseless claims about race being a factor in Duke's perceived royal treatment. Truth be told, after listening to Greg Anthony cry, I changed the channel because I like Greg, but come on, people. Seeding doesn't matter. If you win, your seed doesn't matter. Now out of those 9 teams I mentioned above, Duke will likely have to beat at least one of them to make the FInal Four if Villanova wins. I have already said ON PAPER their brackets looks the easiest, but when the game tips off, nothing is easy. I have admitted all I can admit and if we make the Final Four, you better believe I'll be sending the NCAA and CBS and thank you card. Especially if UK makes the Final Four. :thumb: I'm done talking about Duke until we lose to Louisville......in our weak bracket.........
March 17, 201016 yr In my honest opinion, I think there are 2 elite teams...UK and Kansas. After that you have Duke, Syracuse, West Virginia, Ohio State, Kansas State, Villanova and Georgetown. After that, there are some teams that can make a little noise but I exppect the National Champ to come from the group above. All week long since the brackets have come out all we hear about is Duke's gravy train to the Final Four. The thread started is called "why don't we just put Duke in the Final Four". It's also no secret that Duke is the most hated team in all of college basketball in the national landscape of things. Only corporate America types, Duke graduates and people such as myself like Duke. Greg Anthony was livid about Duke's bracket.....but no, he doesn't have a reason to hate on Duke. Jason Whitlock, (Kansas homer and poor excuse for a journalist) wrote an entire article about the CBS conspiracy theory on Duke which mentions baseless claims about race being a factor in Duke's perceived royal treatment. Truth be told, after listening to Greg Anthony cry, I changed the channel because I like Greg, but come on, people. Seeding doesn't matter. If you win, your seed doesn't matter. Now out of those 9 teams I mentioned above, Duke will likely have to beat at least one of them to make the FInal Four if Villanova wins. I have already said ON PAPER their brackets looks the easiest, but when the game tips off, nothing is easy. I have admitted all I can admit and if we make the Final Four, you better believe I'll be sending the NCAA and CBS and thank you card. Especially if UK makes the Final Four. :thumb: I'm done talking about Duke until we lose to Louisville......in our weak bracket......... We can agree on the Jason Whitlock thing. :thumb:
March 17, 201016 yr I am not trying anything. I gave up trying and I fully admit that Duke receives special treatment from the NCAA/CBS and referees. :thumb: I just wish people would be honest and say they hate Duke and that their hate is the reason they say what they say and start threads about Duke to bash them the way people do on here. I admitted my part. Now will the UK fans that hate Duke so much admit that they cannot have a logical and reasonable discussion about Duke because they hate Duke so much? I doubt it.......... Of course UK fans hate Duke, and Duke fans hate UK. That's never been in question. That hatred does often skew the opinions of some. This is nothing new to anyone; nor is it limited to UK & Duke. Duke does not have an easy path, because no one does. But in comparison to the two teams considered to be the top two seeds, they by far have the easier bracket. I hate Kansas too, but they got hammered by the committee with the most brutal of brackets, and they have the right to gripe more than anyone. OSU & WVU got screwed as well--two teams in the running for #1 seeds & they get stuck with the top two seeded teams. Conversely, Duke gets rewarded with the lowest-seeded #2 in Villanova. Syracuse also was treated quite nicely by the NCAA. Both teams are good & deserving of their respective seeding, but one would have to have bias to refuse admitting this. I'm an avid UK fan & I have no love whatsoever for Duke. But lest you think my bias for UK (or hatred for Duke) clouds my judgment, you need only to check my Final Four predictions, where I have Kansas, Syracuse, West Virginia, & Duke. The conspiracy theories you mentioned earlier are not necessarily as off the wall as you (and others) might think. While this is not exclusive to, but does involve Duke IMO, the NCAA plays its favorites. But an example that does pertain to Duke would be that of Cory Maggette's admission to taking money while @ Duke, therefore forfeiting his amateur status. What does Duke get? Nothing (even Coach K went on the record saying he expected punishment). Meanwhile, others get punished for similar infractions (see Marcus Camby & UMass). That, my friend, is a factual contradiction on the part of the NCAA. Is that "logical and reasonable" enough?
March 17, 201016 yr Of course UK fans hate Duke, and Duke fans hate UK. That's never been in question. That hatred does often skew the opinions of some. This is nothing new to anyone; nor is it limited to UK & Duke. Duke does not have an easy path, because no one does. But in comparison to the two teams considered to be the top two seeds, they by far have the easier bracket. I hate Kansas too, but they got hammered by the committee with the most brutal of brackets, and they have the right to gripe more than anyone. OSU & WVU got screwed as well--two teams in the running for #1 seeds & they get stuck with the top two seeded teams. Conversely, Duke gets rewarded with the lowest-seeded #2 in Villanova. Syracuse also was treated quite nicely by the NCAA. Both teams are good & deserving of their respective seeding, but one would have to have bias to refuse admitting this. I'm an avid UK fan & I have no love whatsoever for Duke. But lest you think my bias for UK (or hatred for Duke) clouds my judgment, you need only to check my Final Four predictions, where I have Kansas, Syracuse, West Virginia, & Duke. The conspiracy theories you mentioned earlier are not necessarily as off the wall as you (and others) might think. While this is not exclusive to, but does involve Duke IMO, the NCAA plays its favorites. But an example that does pertain to Duke would be that of Cory Maggette's admission to taking money while @ Duke, therefore forfeiting his amateur status. What does Duke get? Nothing (even Coach K went on the record saying he expected punishment). Meanwhile, others get punished for similar infractions (see Marcus Camby & UMass). That, my friend, is a factual contradiction on the part of the NCAA. Is that "logical and reasonable" enough? Duke fans far from hate UK... so yes, that would have to be in question.
March 17, 201016 yr Duke fans far from hate UK... so yes, that would have to be in question. I'd put it roughly at, oh I don't know, 18%....
March 17, 201016 yr In my honest opinion, I think there are 2 elite teams...UK and Kansas. After that you have Duke, Syracuse, West Virginia, Ohio State, Kansas State, Villanova and Georgetown. After that, there are some teams that can make a little noise but I exppect the National Champ to come from the group above. All week long since the brackets have come out all we hear about is Duke's gravy train to the Final Four. The thread started is called "why don't we just put Duke in the Final Four". It's also no secret that Duke is the most hated team in all of college basketball in the national landscape of things. Only corporate America types, Duke graduates and people such as myself like Duke. Greg Anthony was livid about Duke's bracket.....but no, he doesn't have a reason to hate on Duke. Jason Whitlock, (Kansas homer and poor excuse for a journalist) wrote an entire article about the CBS conspiracy theory on Duke which mentions baseless claims about race being a factor in Duke's perceived royal treatment. Truth be told, after listening to Greg Anthony cry, I changed the channel because I like Greg, but come on, people. Seeding doesn't matter. If you win, your seed doesn't matter. Now out of those 9 teams I mentioned above, Duke will likely have to beat at least one of them to make the FInal Four if Villanova wins. I have already said ON PAPER their brackets looks the easiest, but when the game tips off, nothing is easy. I have admitted all I can admit and if we make the Final Four, you better believe I'll be sending the NCAA and CBS and thank you card. Especially if UK makes the Final Four. :thumb: I'm done talking about Duke until we lose to Louisville......in our weak bracket......... I don't see how anyone can argue that Duke got a favorable bracket when you look at the others. But, that sort of thing happens...and not always to Duke. So, saying they got a favorable draw is true, but it doesn't mean its an NCAA conspiracy to assist Duke as much as possible. I don't buy that at all. Duke got a good draw. Somebody else will get one next year. It happens. It also doesn't mean Duke has an "easy" road to the Final Four. There are no easy paths to the final weekend. If the Blue Devils make it there, they'll have to earn it, like everyone else, by beating some good basketball teams.
March 17, 201016 yr Kentucky Kansas Baylor Xavier Kentucky vs. Kansas in the Title Game Kentucky 74 Kansas 69 Kentucky National Champions!
March 17, 201016 yr President Obama has selected Kansas, Kansas St., UK, and 'Nova as his final four.
March 17, 201016 yr Of course UK fans hate Duke, and Duke fans hate UK. That's never been in question. That hatred does often skew the opinions of some. This is nothing new to anyone; nor is it limited to UK & Duke. Duke does not have an easy path, because no one does. But in comparison to the two teams considered to be the top two seeds, they by far have the easier bracket. I hate Kansas too, but they got hammered by the committee with the most brutal of brackets, and they have the right to gripe more than anyone. OSU & WVU got screwed as well--two teams in the running for #1 seeds & they get stuck with the top two seeded teams. Conversely, Duke gets rewarded with the lowest-seeded #2 in Villanova. Syracuse also was treated quite nicely by the NCAA. Both teams are good & deserving of their respective seeding, but one would have to have bias to refuse admitting this. I'm an avid UK fan & I have no love whatsoever for Duke. But lest you think my bias for UK (or hatred for Duke) clouds my judgment, you need only to check my Final Four predictions, where I have Kansas, Syracuse, West Virginia, & Duke. The conspiracy theories you mentioned earlier are not necessarily as off the wall as you (and others) might think. While this is not exclusive to, but does involve Duke IMO, the NCAA plays its favorites. But an example that does pertain to Duke would be that of Cory Maggette's admission to taking money while @ Duke, therefore forfeiting his amateur status. What does Duke get? Nothing (even Coach K went on the record saying he expected punishment). Meanwhile, others get punished for similar infractions (see Marcus Camby & UMass). That, my friend, is a factual contradiction on the part of the NCAA. Is that "logical and reasonable" enough? To be honest, Kansas' bracket isn't that tough, if you look at it. They have Northern Iowa or UNLV in round two. Michigan State or Maryland are the likely Sweet 16 opponents and Michigan State has fallen apart and Maryland is Grevis Vasquez. The bottom half of the bracket, on the other hand, is very tough. You have Georgetown, Ohio State, Oklahoma St., maybe even Tennessee, but Kansas will only have to play one of those teams. Essentially, Kansas is almost guaranteed an Elite Eight appearance.
March 17, 201016 yr Of course UK fans hate Duke, and Duke fans hate UK. That's never been in question. That hatred does often skew the opinions of some. This is nothing new to anyone; nor is it limited to UK & Duke. Duke does not have an easy path, because no one does. But in comparison to the two teams considered to be the top two seeds, they by far have the easier bracket. I hate Kansas too, but they got hammered by the committee with the most brutal of brackets, and they have the right to gripe more than anyone. OSU & WVU got screwed as well--two teams in the running for #1 seeds & they get stuck with the top two seeded teams. Conversely, Duke gets rewarded with the lowest-seeded #2 in Villanova. Syracuse also was treated quite nicely by the NCAA. Both teams are good & deserving of their respective seeding, but one would have to have bias to refuse admitting this. I'm an avid UK fan & I have no love whatsoever for Duke. But lest you think my bias for UK (or hatred for Duke) clouds my judgment, you need only to check my Final Four predictions, where I have Kansas, Syracuse, West Virginia, & Duke. The conspiracy theories you mentioned earlier are not necessarily as off the wall as you (and others) might think. While this is not exclusive to, but does involve Duke IMO, the NCAA plays its favorites. But an example that does pertain to Duke would be that of Cory Maggette's admission to taking money while @ Duke, therefore forfeiting his amateur status. What does Duke get? Nothing (even Coach K went on the record saying he expected punishment). Meanwhile, others get punished for similar infractions (see Marcus Camby & UMass). That, my friend, is a factual contradiction on the part of the NCAA. Is that "logical and reasonable" enough? I only know 5-6 real big Duke fans and they all like UK, just not when they're going up against Duke. I think this so called rivalry is all from one side. Course, if they had lost the greatest game ever played they might feel differently.
March 17, 201016 yr Kansas Pitt New mexico Baylor Baylor beating Kansas in the final. Don't laugh...I picked the BCS Champs. :banana: :jump:
March 17, 201016 yr 4th time is the charm! I think K-State is too good and the rivalry is too big for Kansas to get them that many times.
March 17, 201016 yr I only know 5-6 real big Duke fans and they all like UK, just not when they're going up against Duke. I think this so called rivalry is all from one side. Course, if they had lost the greatest game ever played they might feel differently. Oh, I firmly believe that UK fans' hatred for Duke is definitely stronger. But the Duke fans I know despise Kentucky. And they say it's because of our fans.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.