Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How far will Kentucky go?

How far will UK advance? 86 members have voted

  1. 1. How far will UK advance?

    • Win 1st round game
      5%
    • Sweet 16
      4%
    • Elite 8
      18%
    • Final Four
      31%
    • Championship game
      16%
    • National Champs
      23%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 53
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vitale picked UK to win it all. Their fate is sealed... :lol:

  • Author
Vitale picked UK to win it all. Their fate is sealed... :lol:

 

 

I just canceled his pick out.

Barely beat two weak sisters from the SEC west. I have them winning two and going home.

If I were a UK fan, I'd be very afraid of Texas in the 2nd Round.

 

I'm not....Same reason a #1 Texas wasn't scared a few years ago when they had to play Kentucky in the 2nd round. Pretty much why you play the games!!

I think UK has a great chance to make the final four; a championship would be nice but they have a tough road. However, I cant bet against my Cats, so I pick them to win it all.

Vitale picked UK to win it all. Their fate is sealed... :lol:

 

At this time of the year it's a good thing to have isn't it!!!:lol: Go Cats!!!

Dicky V picks UK over Kansas!

 

I like it. We couldn't beat Gardner Webb a year ago!!! So to be in the same conversation with Kansas does me just fine.

If I were a UK fan, I'd be very afraid of Texas in the 2nd Round.

 

Perhaps I'm an idiot, but I'm not in the least bit worried about Texas. They're an 8 seed for a reason.

  • Author
Perhaps I'm an idiot, but I'm not in the least bit worried about Texas. They're an 8 seed for a reason.

 

 

So was UAB in 2004

So was UAB in 2004

 

It wouldn't surprise me if Texas were to win, but I don't look for it, and many are making it sound like Ky would be the underdog because Texas was number 1 at a point this season and was favorably picked to win the Big 12 preseason. I'd much rather play them then Louisville and some other teams. And besides that, we had Tubby Smith in 2004 and I believe he allowed Nolan Richardson, who UAB's coach was an assitant under to attend his pregame practice. Seriously, how stupid can one be?

Dicky V picks UK over Kansas!

 

And so does TonyDanza! :clap::clap::clap:

So was UAB in 2004

 

To be fair, we didn't have a roster of future NBA players in '04. But, other than the first round games for the top 3 seeds, no outcome in March surprises me.

 

I'll say this, I'd be more surprised to see Cornell beat UK than Texas. I may be in for the shock of my life, and it would be, if Cornell beat us out of the tournament.

Cornell doesnt have the overall team speed or athleticism to compete with the Cats IMO. Nor do they have the size. I know they have a 7 footer but thats not enough to beat UK. Unlike most, I really dont think our bracket is that bad. Texas has talent, but they are so inconsistant that they may not get out of round one. WVU just doesnt scare me. They probably should, but Huggins hasnt had very much success in the tourney in my opinion. Guess we will just have to see how it goes. I see a NC appearance and one heckuva game with KU.

Cornell doesnt have the overall team speed or athleticism to compete with the Cats IMO. Nor do they have the size. I know they have a 7 footer but thats not enough to beat UK. Unlike most, I really dont think our bracket is that bad. Texas has talent, but they are so inconsistant that they may not get out of round one. WVU just doesnt scare me. They probably should, but Huggins hasnt had very much success in the tourney in my opinion. Guess we will just have to see how it goes. I see a NC appearance and one heckuva game with KU.

 

I agree with you with the exception of West Virginia. I'm confident in UK's talent, so I wouldn't say I'm scared of any matchup. But, I do think West Virginia is a difficult opponent for anybody. They're a rugged team that could test the Cats with their physicality and rebounding.

 

Texas has lost 9 of 16. If we lose to them, we lose to them. But, the fact that they are deemed to have a lot of talent and were rated #1 a long time ago doesn't matter much. Would anyone be scared of North Carolina right now? They have a lot of talent and were once rated high. You are what you are, and Texas hasn't been that good lately. Doesn't mean they couldn't knock us off though.

 

I'm in complete agreement on Cornell. Should they play, I believe the difference in athleticism will simply be too great. But, that too could happen. It wouldn't be the first time a fundamentally sound, smart team pushed a team with superior talent to the edge...or over the edge.

 

I'm looking forward to it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.