Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wall or Rondo

Who is better Wall or Rondo? 53 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is better Wall or Rondo?

    • Wall
      81%
      43
    • Rondo
      18%
      10

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Wall, hands down IMO.

 

I still remember Rondo dribbling around on the last shot vs. MSU at the end of the First OT and then passing it with little time left.

 

Wall would have taken charge and put the burden on himself at that point.:thumb:

  • Replies 55
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are both preety good but Rondo under Coach Cal would have scored more.

 

We'll never know for sure. We can only go by what really unfolded IMO.

Well, considering that Rondo is an NBA All Star already, I'll take him right now.

 

If we're talking about the future, I think I could live with either.

 

If we're talking about freshman season at UK, I'll take Wall.

 

:thumb:

I disagree. Rondo was not a fit for Tubby's system, but there are plenty of colleges where Rondo would have looked a lot better in the NCAA...
:thumb:Winner!!!! Rondo would have looked much better under Pitino, just to name one. If Coach Cal had got him he would have been a higher draft pick, JMO.

 

I go with Wall as a better freshman than Rondo.

I would like to have seen Rondo play uner coach Cal .

 

:thumb: I said a long time ago, you don't really know how good Rondo could be under Tubby's system.

Rondo really didn't catch on until KG and Ray Allen got to Boston, so IMO to compare him as a freshman to John Wall is laughable. Rondo wasn't even that good at UK, though I think he would have thrived under Cal.

If this question is about how these guys played when they were freshmen, I don't see how anyone could say Rondo over Wall...

 

Anything Rondo has done since his freshman year should not enter this equation at all, including what-if scenarios. They didn't happen, so we can't use those comparisons.

As freshmen, Wall is the better player. As pros, that will have to wait and see. Rondo has a case to be called the best PG in the NBA right now.

  • Author
Rondo really didn't catch on until KG and Ray Allen got to Boston, so IMO to compare him as a freshman to John Wall is laughable. Rondo wasn't even that good at UK, though I think he would have thrived under Cal.
Set the single season steal record as a freshman. Not that good? That is laughable!!
I disagree. Rondo was not a fit for Tubby's system, but there are plenty of colleges where Rondo would have looked a lot better in the NCAA...

 

And one of them is right down the road from Lexington...

Rondo's averages: 8.1 points, 2.9 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 2.6 steals

Wall's averages: 16.8 points, 4.2 rebounds, 6.2 assists, 1.8 steals

 

Minutes played?

 

Also, Wall came in from Day 1 & was supposed to be the star & go-to guy. Rondo was not, so the #'s can be a little misleading.

And one of them is right down the road from Lexington...

I'd have loved to see Rondo play for Jay Wright...

Rondo really didn't catch on until KG and Ray Allen got to Boston, so IMO to compare him as a freshman to John Wall is laughable. Rondo wasn't even that good at UK, though I think he would have thrived under Cal.

 

Rondo was a very, very good PG at Kentucky. Tubby just had him rained in a little too tight.

I'd have loved to see Rondo play for Jay Wright...

 

Another great possibility. Their styles certainly seem to mesh.

I disagree. Rondo was not a fit for Tubby's system, but there are plenty of colleges where Rondo would have looked a lot better in the NCAA...

 

Rondo isn't a scoring PG, and at least IMO to be a successful NCAA PG, you need to be able to shoot and score (ex. Wall and Scheyer). Just my opinion though, which is why I feel like his game is built more for the NBA.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.