Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wall or Rondo

Who is better Wall or Rondo? 53 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is better Wall or Rondo?

    • Wall
      81%
      43
    • Rondo
      18%
      10

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Coming out of highschool Wall got all the pub and has had a great freshman year-Rondo didn't have all the hype coming out of highschool but I think as a freshman he was pretty good also and now is one of the best point guards in the NBA. How do you think they compare as freshman?

  • Replies 55
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wall as a freshman is a team leader.

 

Rondo was not.

 

Easy answer...

  • Author

I would like to have seen Rondo play uner coach Cal .

Wall as a freshman is a team leader.

 

Rondo was not.

 

Easy answer...

 

Wall also has a ton more turnovers than Rondo, and wasn't as good defensively as Rondo IMO.

 

I say it's closer than some people think, although Wall is a better scorer than Rondo.

  • Author
Wall also has a ton more turnovers than Rondo, and wasn't as good defensively as Rondo IMO.

 

I say it's closer than some people think, although Wall is a better scorer than Rondo.

I think Rondo was under rated coming out of highschool and Kentucky got a steal when they signed him.
I think Rondo was under rated coming out of highschool and Kentucky got a steal when they signed him.

 

He was ranked as the #25 player in the nation and Oak Hill's Coach called him the best PG he had coached since Rod Strickland. I think he set some assists records there, too.

 

Underrated? I don't think so.

Rondo was a 5 star talent in a deep PG class. Let us not act like he was hidden gem here.

 

As a Freshman Rondo was extremely challenged when it came to scoring the ball besides getting to the hoop.

Rondo was a 5 star on Rivals, so underrated doesn't exactly fit.

 

Wall has a much, much more complete game at this stage in his career...

Well, considering that Rondo is an NBA All Star already, I'll take him right now.

 

If we're talking about the future, I think I could live with either.

 

If we're talking about freshman season at UK, I'll take Wall.

I enjoyed Rondo as a player, but I think that Wall is a much better freshman. Rondo's game was made more for the NBA, not the NCAA.

I enjoyed Rondo as a player, but I think that Wall is a much better freshman. Rondo's game was made more for the NBA, not the NCAA.

 

I disagree. Rondo was not a fit for Tubby's system, but there are plenty of colleges where Rondo would have looked a lot better in the NCAA...

Rondo's averages: 8.1 points, 2.9 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 2.6 steals

Wall's averages: 16.8 points, 4.2 rebounds, 6.2 assists, 1.8 steals

  • Author
Rondo's averages: 8.1 points, 2.9 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 2.6 steals

Wall's averages: 16.8 points, 4.2 rebounds, 6.2 assists, 1.8 steals

 

They are both preety good but Rondo under Coach Cal would have scored more.

Wall also has a ton more turnovers than Rondo, and wasn't as good defensively as Rondo IMO.

 

I say it's closer than some people think, although Wall is a better scorer than Rondo.

 

And Wall has more 195 more points (Rondo had 274, Wall has 469), 20 more rebounds (Rondo had 97, Wall has 117), 55 more assists (Rondo had 118, Wall has 173, and 7 more blocks (Rondo had 8, Wall has 15)... And Rondo played in 6 more games!

 

Does Wall have more turnovers? Yes... But both assist to turnover ratios lower than 2:1 so I consider that a wash.

 

I think Rondo is a great point guard and I thought he was during his time at UK, but Wall has been special.... And special supercedes excellent in my eyes.

I think Rondo was under rated coming out of highschool and Kentucky got a steal when they signed him.

 

How is a McDonalds All American underrated? I will give you that he didn't have the hype that Wall was getting, but Rondo was one of the top HS players in the country according to those who are supposed to know.

 

Given the two, I would take Wall, but not by as much as many think.

 

Defense = Rondo

Scorer = Wall

Shooter = Wall

Turnovers = Rondo

Team Leader = Wall

 

Wall would be my pick between the two.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.