Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wall or Rondo

Who is better Wall or Rondo? 53 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is better Wall or Rondo?

    • Wall
      81%
      43
    • Rondo
      18%
      10

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

:thumb: I said a long time ago, you don't really know how good Rondo could be under Tubby's system.

 

That I agree with. Rondo would have been better off in another system, and probably would have put up great numbers under someone else. I am kind of surprised Rondo came here though, because he had to know Tubby didn't run a wide open offense and it wouldn't fit him the best as it could.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rondo never made great passes like Wall has or nasty dunks. When Rondo played i remember the Wildcats turning the ball over alot.

You know, I never even thought about this comparison until this thread. I actually think Rondo is who I would take. He's the more polished point guard, always has been. Wall is a better scorer, and a marginally better shooter. Huh, what would Rondo do in Cal's offense today.

Different teams, coach's and style of play. I'll take Wall because he's a better shooter and can get to the rim, BUT IFFFFF Rondo had this team I think he could've done just as well as Rondo did. Essentially they both excell around NBA talent.

Rondo didn't have the supporting cast or a system that fit his game while at UK.

 

Rondo was hands down better defensively, and a better rebounder and maybe a better passer, but Wall is just a natural scorer. Neither were/are great shooters. But as much as I loved Rondo I have to give it to Wall.

If this question is about how these guys played when they were freshmen, I don't see how anyone could say Rondo over Wall...

 

Anything Rondo has done since his freshman year should not enter this equation at all, including what-if scenarios. They didn't happen, so we can't use those comparisons.

 

I agree, I think my previous post somewhat insuated that, not saying this post said otherwise. All in all I think Wall will see more high light reals than Rondo IFFFFFFFF he stay's healthy. I wouldn't be surprised if Wall had about a 5-7 year NBA career which isn't short for most but certainly is for an all star.

Rondo really didn't catch on until KG and Ray Allen got to Boston, so IMO to compare him as a freshman to John Wall is laughable. Rondo wasn't even that good at UK, though I think he would have thrived under Cal.

 

I couldn't disagree more. Rondo is one of the best defenders that UK has had in a long time. Additionally, few guards in the last 10 years could rebound like him. He was UKs best player his Sophomore year. He just couldn't shoot. That, his "me first" attitude, and playing for Tubby Smith, kept him from being a superstar.

I couldn't disagree more. Rondo is one of the best defenders that UK has had in a long time. Additionally, few guards in the last 10 years could rebound like him. He was UKs best player his Sophomore year. He just couldn't shoot. That, his "me first" attitude, and playing for Tubby Smith, kept him from being a superstar.

 

I said "That" good, which I meant, he was no where near as good as he is right now. I think people try to remember him as the triple double threat he is now in the NBA which just isn't true. He's the best pro that's came out of UK this decade, but I don't know if he is even one of the 5 best players at UK (during his career) since 2000.

Here's a side by side comparison between their freshman stats.

Right now, Rondo is a better player.

 

But, I'd rather have Wall. Both are young, but I like Wall's upside better and from what I've seen, I'd like my chances of seeing him realize his potential, or get darn close.

I said "That" good, which I meant, he was no where near as good as he is right now. I think people try to remember him as the triple double threat he is now in the NBA which just isn't true. He's the best pro that's came out of UK this decade, but I don't know if he is even one of the 5 best players at UK (during his career) since 2000.

:thumb: Exactly.

 

Remember, we are only talking about as Freshman. I think anyone considering Rondo has flown off the reservation. Unless every analyst is flat out lying to everyone in America that Wall is one of the more dynamic freshman PGs of all time, I am not really sure what there is to debate. In Tubby's system, Rondo may have been held back somewhat, but if he could play at the level of Wall, he would have been on the court contributing not having to split time with Ramel Bradley.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.