March 3, 201016 yr The more sleep I get, the better. I'm not ashamed to admit that. My Grandpa may not have got in bed before midnight but he would pretty much be asleep in his rocking chair by 8pm. He got up around 5am most mornings, if he slept till 7am, he considered that sleeping in. My parents woke up earlier than I did my entire life, even if they had nothing to do that day. As it stands, if I wake up around noon, I consider it a good day. My parents and grandparents say if they aren't up early they feel useless. Is this an older generation thing ? Or will we young people eventually start going to bed early and waking up early for no reason ?
March 3, 201016 yr Things will change as you get older. However, some people are just naturally early risers. I wish I was an early bird.
March 3, 201016 yr I'm 26. On days I have to work I snooze and struggle with getting up. On the weekends I'm up before my alarm would go off during the week. But all in all I've always been a pretty early riser...especially among my group of friends.
March 3, 201016 yr Author I've always enjoyed sleeping in. I guess some of my waking struggles come from the fact that my last few jobs involved a combination of working day and night shift and my body never really adjusts to a normal sleep pattern.
March 3, 201016 yr I love sleep, but when I have to get up, I can get up. I have to get up at 6 AM tomorrow, which means I need to go to bed!
March 3, 201016 yr In college I remember needing to set an alarm for my 2pm class. Sleeping in for me now is until about 9:30 or 10.
March 3, 201016 yr In college I remember needing to set an alarm for my 2pm class. Sleeping in for me now is until about 9:30 or 10. :lol: I loved college. I didn't realize how great it was until it was over.
March 3, 201016 yr :lol: I loved college. I didn't realize how great it was until it was over. :lol: Seriously. I realized it about mid way through my Junior year. I should have tried to stretch out my four years into five.
March 3, 201016 yr In college I remember needing to set an alarm for my 2pm class. Sleeping in for me now is until about 9:30 or 10. This is so coincidental. Just as I was setting my alarm for my 3 o'clock class I clicked this thread. I rarely sleep until 2:30 when my alarm goes off but I never want to accidentally sleep in too long so I just set a precautionary alarm. Usually wake up around 1 ish and now if I have to wake up at 10 I get angry.
March 3, 201016 yr I'm usually up between 3 and 4 am everyday. It comes from several years of me working the schedule of 4:50 am to 1:30 pm. I now work 7:50 am to 4:30 pm. I used to sleep late until I went into the Marines. Now it is almost impossible for me to sleep late unless I'm sick.
March 3, 201016 yr Wow you guys sleeping until 1pm is crazy. I am going to assume you all are up late cuz if you go to bed before midnight then you are wasting precious time. Get youe 8-9 hrs and get up and go do something productive. Volunteer somewhere, workout, etc. I wish I could get more than 5-6 hrs of sleep every night but can't. I'm wired this way and even if I go to bed early I wake up after 6 hrs period. I can't remember the last time I woke up after 6am.
March 3, 201016 yr I'm a morning person, and proud of it! I get up between 4:30 and 5 am daily, and am at work around 6am. On the weekends, I sleep in until about 5:30 or 6 am. But any longer than that and my whole day is shot. I may not have anything to do, but if I don't get up early, I won't feel like doing anything. I've set a "cut off" time for myself of 8pm. So, I try, no matter what, to be settled into bed by 8pm, even though I most likely won't be asleep until 10 or 11. I either read or watch TV. It makes a nice transition from my hectic day into dream world. And, for the record, I absolutely LOVE mornings, especially on the weekends when I go walking with my dog and watch the sun rise. To me, when I can do that, I just "feel" like it's a new beginning. Viva la early risers!
March 3, 201016 yr Retired, but still an early riser. 6:00 on school days (my wife still works), 7:00 or so otherwise. Sleep is overrated.
March 3, 201016 yr I'm up by 6 am during the week, and no later than 8 am on Saturday and Sunday. I will sneak in some naps on the weekend though.
March 3, 201016 yr I'm up around 6:30 on week days and 8 on weekends. Typically in bed around midnight every night. Sometimes earlier, sometimes later. I've been doing this for so many years it's just habitual. I could forget to set my alarm and still wake up 5 minutes before it's set to go off. For those keeping track, this means I'm going to forget to set my alarm tonight and not get up until around 10 in the morning. That'd just be great. :cry:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.