Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

PTI Comments on UK/Miss St.

Featured Replies

I caught the tail end of these comments. Both guys criticizing the Miss. St. fans. However...........Wilboun dedicated 25 seconds to how the referees in his words "literally handed the game to Kentucky with poor calls." Since I did not see the entire discussion can somebody who did fill me in on the entire conversation and if this was refuted.:ohbrother:

  • Replies 46
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd make a strong bet that Wilbon didn't even watch the game.

 

Why? He's a national commentator whose job it is to watch games and comment on them.

Why? He's a national commentator whose job it is to watch games and comment on them.

 

He talks about 20-25 different subjects per show. You think he saw every single thing live? I have seen plenty of times where they clearly have not watched what they are talking about and usually it is college stuff.

Why? He's a national commentator whose job it is to watch games and comment on them.

I'm with OR on this one. He's probably basing his comment on a couple of highlights he watched on SportsCenter. Wilbon has never had much good to say about UK.

I'm with OR on this one. He's probably basing his comment on a couple of highlights he watched on SportsCenter. Wilbon has never had much good to say about UK.

 

:thumb:

He talks about 20-25 different subjects per show. You think he saw every single thing live? I have seen plenty of times where they clearly have not watched what they are talking about and usually it is college stuff.

 

I'm with OR on this one. He's probably basing his comment on a couple of highlights he watched on SportsCenter. Wilbon has never had much good to say about UK.

 

Of course he watches some highlights to get info, and I'm sure reads stories about other things. But the UK-MSU game was the marquee game in the nation on the schedule that night. I'm guessing he watched at least some of it, if not all.

There should have been a goaltending call on Wall, although it was so close I can understand the officials missing it. I originally thought Patterson was guilty of charging in OT, but I saw a replay that showed a different view than the one shown on TV and Patterson was obviously fouled before the collision. The Miss. State player extended his left leg out tripping Patterson and also clotheslined him with his left arm. I'm not sure on the Wall and one in OT, the Miss St. player got the ball, but Wall muscled it up and may have been hit on the arm after. What other calls could he have been referencing?

I thought UK got some breaks in OT. The 3 point play Wall had probably wasn't a foul. Patterson IMO charged and there was goaltending. In regulation I didn't really think UK got any breaks. All of Varnado's fouls were legitimate.

I thought UK got some breaks in OT. The 3 point play Wall had probably wasn't a foul. Patterson IMO charged and there was goaltending. In regulation I didn't really think UK got any breaks. All of Varnado's fouls were legitimate.

I thought they for sure got the Patterson call right, the other two I agree with you. Patterson looked like he charged in slow-mo but in real time the dude was out of position and falling down/off-balance before PPat touched him.

 

The 10-0 fouls is misleading. Five of those were probably MSU fouling intentionally.

I'm guessing he watched at least some of it, if not all.

 

I'm guessing he didn't. Guess we'll never know.

No matter what topic Wilbon is discussing or who they are talking about, I can easily predict which side of the arguement he will take. He is one of the most predictable clowns on sports television.

I thought they for sure got the Patterson call right, the other two I agree with you. Patterson looked like he charged in slow-mo but in real time the dude was out of position and falling down/off-balance before PPat touched him.

 

The 10-0 fouls is misleading. Five of those were probably MSU fouling intentionally.

 

Also, on the Patterson "charge" the MSU player didn't have his shoulders squared, but I guess that has to do with being out of position.

There should have been a goaltending call on Wall, although it was so close I can understand the officials missing it. I originally thought Patterson was guilty of charging in OT, but I saw a replay that showed a different view than the one shown on TV and Patterson was obviously fouled before the collision. The Miss. State player extended his left leg out tripping Patterson and also clotheslined him with his left arm. I'm not sure on the Wall and one in OT, the Miss St. player got the ball, but Wall muscled it up and may have been hit on the arm after. What other calls could he have been referencing?

 

That's the only one I can think of that they missed. There were a lot of "advantage/disadvantage" plays in the game that just happened to go for UK.

I like both guys on PTI. I don't always agree with them, but I do enjoy watching them discuss & debate. I find Kornheiser and Wilbon to be entertaining. I do disagree with them on this one, but I can disagree with someone and still enjoy watching their program. I have no idea if they watched the entire game or just the highlights and we all recognize that there were some bad calls in that game, but Miss St had their chances and didn't take advantage to pull off the upset. Honestly, I think it bothered me as much that the crowd cheered when water bottles were thrown on the court almost as bad as the fact that they were thrown. I feel bad for Stansbury and the AD at Miss St for the blackeye this gives the Bulldogs, ... especially after the players played their hearts out on Tuesday night. It takes the focus away from a great effort.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.