Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

PTI Comments on UK/Miss St.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 46
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like both guys on PTI. I don't always agree with them, but I do enjoy watching them discuss & debate. I find Kornheiser and Wilbon to be entertaining. I do disagree with them on this one, but I can disagree with someone and still enjoy watching their program. I have no idea if they watched the entire game or just the highlights and we all recognize that there were some bad calls in that game, but Miss St had their chances and didn't take advantage to pull off the upset. Honestly, I think it bothered me as much that the crowd cheered when water bottles were thrown on the court almost as bad as the fact that they were thrown. I feel bad for Stansbury and the AD at Miss St for the blackeye this gives the Bulldogs, ... especially after the players played their hearts out on Tuesday night. It takes the focus away from a great effort.

 

Good post MT.

^I like PTI as well.

 

Ah. But God help them if they say something critical about UK, since only Wildcat fans are allowed to do that.

Ah. But God help them if they say something critical about UK, since only Wildcat fans are allowed to do that.

 

All I said was is that I didn't think he watched the game. Who was mad about it?

Ah. But God help them if they say something critical about UK, since only Wildcat fans are allowed to do that.

 

And out comes the shot at UK fans.

All I said was is that I didn't think he watched the game. Who was mad about it?

 

Well, the person who started the thread, for one. Probably most of the Wildcat fans who read the first post and chose not to comment as well.

And out comes the shot at UK fans.

 

Truth hurts, don't it? :sssh:

Ah. But God help them if they say something critical about UK, since only Wildcat fans are allowed to do that.

 

So we aren't allowed to disagree with them even if we like them?

Truth hurts, don't it? :sssh:

 

Do you agree with what Wilbon said?? That the officials were so bad that they were embarrassing? That the SEC is just trying to protect its big dog? That they flat out handed UK the game?

 

I'm confident that any fan base would say something about a guy on national TV saying that about their program.

So we aren't allowed to disagree with them even if we like them?

 

That's not my point.

Do you agree with what Wilbon said?? That the officials were so bad that they were embarrassing? That the SEC is just trying to protect its big dog? That they flat out handed UK the game?

 

I'm confident that any fan base would say something about a guy on national TV saying that about their program.

 

Even though most Wildcat fans seem to agree that MSU got hooked at the end? That seems ridiculous to me to be so hypersensitive about something they actually agree with. And, of course, it continues to prove my point that UK fans in general don't tolerate any criticism of UK unless it comes from within their ranks, and that's hypocritical when you consider how willing many 'Cat fans are to criticize everybody else's team.

That's not my point.

 

Most fans will defend their program/point of view if they disagree with a point someone is making. This board just happens to be full of a lot of UK fans. I did not attack them, I just disagree with their assertion. I still really like watching their program and find them entertaining, even when I disagree. And I disagree that the officials handed the game to UK. I thought they made some bad calls, but Miss St had their opportunities and just missed them.

Most fans will defend their program/point of view if they disagree with a point someone is making. This board just happens to be full of a lot of UK fans. I did not attack them, I just disagree with their assertion. I still really like watching their program and find them entertaining, even when I disagree. And I disagree that the officials handed the game to UK. I thought they made some bad calls, but Miss St had their opportunities and just missed them.

 

But, as I said, from what I've read they aren't disagreeing (just not in as strong a terms as Wilbon used). Where is the logic in that?

Even though most Wildcat fans seem to agree that MSU got hooked at the end? That seems ridiculous to me to be so hypersensitive about something they actually agree with. And, of course, it continues to prove my point that UK fans in general don't tolerate any criticism of UK unless it comes from within their ranks, and that's hypocritical when you consider how willing many 'Cat fans are to criticize everybody else's team.

I didn't see one UK fan that said the officials determined the outcome of the game.

Even though most Wildcat fans seem to agree that MSU got hooked at the end? That seems ridiculous to me to be so hypersensitive about something they actually agree with. And, of course, it continues to prove my point that UK fans in general don't tolerate any criticism of UK unless it comes from within their ranks, and that's hypocritical when you consider how willing many 'Cat fans are to criticize everybody else's team.

 

The officials did not give the game to UK as you and Wilbon are indicating. Yes, most everyone agrees that UK got a couple favorable calls at the end, but it didn't cost Mississippi State the game. If Wilbon had simply said, "Kentucky got some favorable calls at the end.", no one would have thought twice about it.

 

I know you like to take every opportunity to pounce on UK and their fans, but you're really reaching on this one Jim....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.