Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 66 Alabama 55

Featured Replies

So do you think the officiating crew was incompetent or biased?

 

yes :D

 

For whatever reason they didn't seem to call those ticky tack fouls against UK until late in the 2nd half, you could tell this by the crowd's reaction. My whole problem with this is, call it the same the whole game and be consistent with the sides. Another thing that bothers me...if a guy is going for a layup and he hits a player and the defender falls down....make a call, it's either a charge or a block, but call something.

  • Replies 68
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant sleep so watching game on DVR and Wall is playing with Bama....wraparound and one's, dropping 3 balls, up and under layups in traffic, floaters in the lane. He is doing whatever he wants. The turnovers were a little concerning early but who cares, he can turn it over 5 times a game if I can see the plays he is making nightly.

I get tired of listening to the underdog listing foul shots. When you are out manned you tend to foul more often, sometimes by design.

Exactly. Just ask Wall about that. He is automatically fouled if he drives around a defender to the basket or if he has an open fastbreak layup. Sometimes fouled harder than is necessary.

Hilarious! There are about as many posts about the announcers in this thread than there are for the game, lol. :rolleyes:

 

Now, to the GAME. I agree, their lack of lack of effort & focus is a concern, such as Cousins picking up that stupid foul in the first half, right before Cal took him out. As ColonelCrazy stated, who is to say that these habits will not linger around during the tourneys?

 

Only a few more games left in the regular season, when does one stop using the, inexperience or they are still young argument? Plus, most of these players will be in the NBA in 5 months. Sometimes it looks like they just know they are good and will be able to overcome anything by the end of the game, one would hope they learned that lesson when the played South Carolina. There is a reason Cal says at times, we are not undefeated or we not only have one lose, as he said if it wasn't for a few breaks. Also, he keeps telling them about letting teams hang around, that it will come back and bite them.

Grant is going to be one heck of a coach. He is undermanned but has managed to keep his team competitive, .. they just don't have the depth to finish. Give him time and more talent and Alabama will be an SEC contender.

Bama had 8 fouls called before ESPNU even picked up the game...The Tide didn't go to the line until 14:55 left in the 2nd half. I will give you 3 of those fouls and 6 foul shots for the normal end of the game routine....but if you can't see that it is still one sided you need to take off the Blue Shades :cool:

 

The number of foul shots also has a lot to do with how you play defense and the style of play from your opponent. Kentucky plays the dribble drive which by design is to take it at the defense. The result more often than not is a lot of fouls simply by taking right at the defense. Just a thought. I think that statistic can be deceiving. It should not always be even.

yes :D

 

For whatever reason they didn't seem to call those ticky tack fouls against UK until late in the 2nd half, you could tell this by the crowd's reaction. My whole problem with this is, call it the same the whole game and be consistent with the sides. Another thing that bothers me...if a guy is going for a layup and he hits a player and the defender falls down....make a call, it's either a charge or a block, but call something.

 

meh... I thought they stopped calling a lot of stuff on Bama that they should have. UK is bigger, stronger, and faster. That leads to the other team having to foul them.

 

Check out Ken Pomeroy's site and look at FTA/FGA. UK ranks near the top in both getting to the line and not sending their opponents. Bama on the other hand is horrible at getting to the line, and average for sending opponents.

 

So you can complain, but having Cousins and Patterson down low, and guards that drive means UK is going to get to the line. Bama was shooting a lot of jumpshots, so its not surprising they didn't shoot many FTs.

Watching Cousins lack of effort last night was one of the more disappointing things I have seen in a while. His head was not in the game, he looked upset about something, and had 0 focus. He is going to have to accept the fact he can be fouled with no whistle. Looked like something more deeper last night. Freak of a talent, but not all there upstairs. That was one of the more boring games I ever watched.

19 of 31 from the free throw line is not gonna get it done in the March tournaments. That's got to improve.

This team does not play defense well enough to win the championship. Wall & Bledsoe fail to keep the opposing guards in front of them. The thing that bothers me the most is that it's due to lack of effort & focus.

 

Interesting to see Coach Cal go with Orton & Cousins late in the game, without Patterson.

 

Demarcus Cousins takes an absolute beating every game.

 

I love Darius Miller coming off the bench. Same with Liggins.

 

ESPNU broadcast was poor. I didn't get to watch it until 10:00 to go in the 1st half & then there was a short technical failure for about a minute.

 

A win is a win. Alabama is a better team than a lot of people realize. It'll be interesting to see what Anthony Grant can do down there.

 

They both tend to gamble way too much on defense instead of using their quickness to stay in front of their man. I agree, if they don't improve in this area along with turning the ball over, they will likely not make the final four.

Watching Cousins lack of effort last night was one of the more disappointing things I have seen in a while. His head was not in the game, he looked upset about something, and had 0 focus. He is going to have to accept the fact he can be fouled with no whistle. Looked like something more deeper last night. Freak of a talent, but not all there upstairs. That was one of the more boring games I ever watched.

I agree. He wasn't giving much effort, especially in the first half. His stats don't show the effort factor after the game was over because he is just that good, but he played without much interest last night. I was disapponted in his first half performance in particular.

So do you think the officiating crew was incompetent or biased?

 

I thought this game was officiated rather well. Nothing really stood out...neither did the officials which is what you want.

I agree. He wasn't giving much effort, especially in the first half. His stats don't show the effort factor after the game was over because he is just that good, but he played without much interest last night. I was disapponted in his first half performance in particular.

I really thought he would come out playing hard going against Alabama. I was very disappointed.

Just got back from the game...not the result I was hoping for, but it was still fun.

 

I thought there were a lot of ticky tack fouls called tonight on both sides. (Bama 23, UK 14)

Stat of the night....

Bama 9 of 10 from the line

UK 19 of 31 from the line

 

I really didn't think that the Tide would win simply because we only have a couple guys over 6'8''. I thought that the game plan was alright but the lack of talent right now is killing Bama.

 

Watch out for the Tide...Mitchell and Green are gonna be great!

 

Remember, Alabama has a NewCath grad leading the recruiting charge.

That was one of the more boring games I ever watched.

 

Good thing we missed the first 10 mins of the game on TV. :irked:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.