February 10, 201016 yr I really thought he would come out playing hard going against Alabama. I was very disappointed. ^ Same here. He was lazy and seemed as though he didn't even care.
February 10, 201016 yr I really thought he would come out playing hard going against Alabama. I was very disappointed. I think he was over focused and wanted the ball more than he got it and he was frustrated by being doubled or fouled every time he got the ball in a slow down game. As bad as people think he played he still had a double double.
February 10, 201016 yr Hilarious! There are about as many posts about the announcers in this thread than there are for the game, lol. Now, to the GAME. I agree, their lack of lack of effort & focus is a concern, such as Cousins picking up that stupid foul in the first half, right before Cal took him out. As ColonelCrazy stated, who is to say that these habits will not linger around during the tourneys? Only a few more games left in the regular season, when does one stop using the, inexperience or they are still young argument? Plus, most of these players will be in the NBA in 5 months. Sometimes it looks like they just know they are good and will be able to overcome anything by the end of the game, one would hope they learned that lesson when the played South Carolina. There is a reason Cal says at times, we are not undefeated or we not only have one lose, as he said if it wasn't for a few breaks. Also, he keeps telling them about letting teams hang around, that it will come back and bite them. Their lack of focus IMO comes from playing teams that lack talent. It cost them one time all year. I think we'll see a focused team Saturday. They were very focused when Vandy was in Lexington. I want to see their focus at Vandy and especially at Tennessee on short rest.
February 10, 201016 yr I think he was over focused and wanted the ball more than he got it and he was frustrated by being doubled or fouled every time he got the ball in a slow down game. As bad as people think he played he still had a double double. But the pouting was very disappointing. He was lazy too.
February 10, 201016 yr A few observations... - ESPNU on Directv is like watching tv through cheesecloth. - The commercials are just terrible. Its like an infomercial for all items at the Wal-Mart checkout line. - I don't think they were real prepared to play. - I think they were looking ahead to Gameday....young kids will lose focus. - Bama is going to be OK once Grant gets some depth. - UK missed a bunch of open shots. - Why does Shamwow and Slap Chop guy where a headset? Slap Chop..."You are going to enjoy my nuts".....just awful. Heee-lar-ious! I also questioned why he was wearing that headset and when he said that about enjoying his nuts, my 12 year old and I both busted out laughing. A bit of comic relief in an otherwise incredibly boring game.
February 10, 201016 yr But the pouting was very disappointing. He was lazy too. At times... yes. It was a frustrating night for him but for the most part the effort was still there.
February 10, 201016 yr They are still playing like a young team that thinks they can win games on talent alone. Seems the South Carolina lost didn't do much to change their way of thinking.
February 10, 201016 yr Kentucky did lack effort on Defense at times and that is a concern. My major concern is the stupid turnovers Wall and Bledsoe continue to have. I thought this would get better as the season progressed but their decision making is still questionable at times. They have to learn that every possession is very important. This will come back to bite them in March.
February 10, 201016 yr Even though the Cats held Bama to 55 points they did not play defense with the passion they have shown lately. They played just good enough to win which is what you have to do sometimes. I hope Saturday is a better effort.
February 10, 201016 yr They are still playing like a young team that thinks they can win games on talent alone. Seems the South Carolina lost didn't do much to change their way of thinking. Really? They have won every game since rather easily against some pretty decent opponents. Check how many "close" games that Kansas plays.
February 10, 201016 yr Really? They have won every game since rather easily against some pretty decent opponents. Check how many "close" games that Kansas plays. And they are winning on talent right now with spurts of outstanding play. They tried to turn it on against South Carolina and found out they couldn't. Good thing that they are as talented as they are.
February 10, 201016 yr And they are winning on talent right now with spurts of outstanding play. They tried to turn it on against South Carolina and found out they couldn't. Good thing that they are as talented as they are. That's a pretty general statement to make. At times they lack focus, but what team doesn't?
February 10, 201016 yr That's a pretty general statement to make. At times they lack focus, but what team doesn't? UCONN Women!!
February 10, 201016 yr They are still playing like a young team that thinks they can win games on talent alone. Seems the South Carolina lost didn't do much to change their way of thinking. Looking forward to the rematch. I pity S. Carolina.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.