Is Huntington Prep Game Cancelled at Boyd?

This will probably qualify as a dumb thing to say, but, is Huntington Prep truly a "prep" school and not a traditional high school?

I'm pretty sure that Kentucky high schools are forbidden to play "prep" schools like Oak Hill Acadamy.

This will probably qualify as a dumb thing to say, but, is Huntington Prep truly a "prep" school and not a traditional high school?

I'm pretty sure that Kentucky high schools are forbidden to play "prep" schools like Oak Hill Acadamy.

Are you sure about that one?

That is true...in the past, Ky . high schools have played prep schools. However, in the last couple of years, that practice has been outlawed by the KHSAA. It is okay for our high schools to play other high schools in other states, but cannot play prep schools that are not part of a state's high school athletic association.

I'm about 99% certain on this.

My question....is what you are referring to as "Huntington Prep" really a prep school, or is it Huntington High School? If it is a high school that is a member of the West Virginia High School Athletic Association, there is no problem. If it is not, there would be a problem, and, perhaps, that is why the game was cancelled.

Are you sure about that one?

Boyd County played OakHill Academy in The old Holiday classic in 1981 and 1982 . So they have played prep school in the past.

The rule was altered a few years ago. The new KHSAA rules prohibits any member from playing host to any school that isn't a member of another state association. Oak Hill Academy, to use the posted example, is not a member of the Virginia High School League and therefore aren't allowed to play against teams in the KHSAA.