Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Favre: Does He Return Again?

Will Brett return next season? 46 members have voted

  1. 1. Will Brett return next season?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Will Brett be back for ANOTHER year? :ohbrother:

  • Replies 43
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Favre will most certainly retire within the next couple of weeks and should be ready in time for the Vikings training camp in the Spring.

I hate to say it, but I think he is really going to be done this time. However if he did come back, I think he would do really well again.

I think his teammates get him to come back. He's had too much fun this year.

I was reading the update thread, and I really don't get like some people act like Favre is a bad QB and always throws that interception to lose. The guy has won a Super Bowl, been to another Super Bowl, been the runner up in 3 NFC Championship games, has basically all the passing records there is to have, and only has had ONE LOSING season for his whole career. Yes his style of play does throw interceptions, and does cost them games sometimes. However his style of play has won them many more than they have lost, and is the reason why he has only had the one losing season ever.

I was reading the update thread, and I really don't get like some people act like Favre is a bad QB and always throws that interception to lose. The guy has won a Super Bowl, been to another Super Bowl, been the runner up in 3 NFC Championship games, has basically all the passing records there is to have, and only has had ONE LOSING season for his whole career. Yes his style of play does throw interceptions, and does cost them games sometimes. However his style of play has won them many more than they have lost, and is the reason why he has only had the one losing season ever.

What was his last play on the field the last two trips to the playoffs?

I was reading the update thread, and I really don't get like some people act like Favre is a bad QB and always throws that interception to lose. The guy has won a Super Bowl, been to another Super Bowl, been the runner up in 3 NFC Championship games, has basically all the passing records there is to have, and only has had ONE LOSING season for his whole career. Yes his style of play does throw interceptions, and does cost them games sometimes. However his style of play has won them many more than they have lost, and is the reason why he has only had the one losing season ever.

 

When I said it in the update thread I didn't say it like he does it to blow games I was simply saying it because the dude throws tons of INT's which like you said yourself he does. Not sure which way the others said it though.

When I said it in the update thread I didn't say it like he does it to blow games I was simply saying it because the dude throws tons of INT's which like you said yourself he does. Not sure which way the others said it though.

 

Oh I know, it was some of the ways other people said it. It made it sound like that is what you can always expect from him. His style of play has won way more, than it has lost.

What was his last play on the field the last two trips to the playoffs?

 

Yes both of them were interceptions. Would this team have been in the NFC title game without him? Probably not. Would this team have had even a shot after all the fumbles they had without him? Probably not. The man honestly played a great game, and it shouldn't have even been in that position to make that mistake. His style of play is the only reason why they were in that position. Almost in franchise in the NFL, would have been lucky to have Favre playing QB for them. Where ever he goes, the team has won. He also has a Super Bowl ring which a lot of people can only wish they had.

Yes both of them were interceptions. Would this team have been in the NFC title game without him? Probably not. Would this team have had even a shot after all the fumbles they had without him? Probably not. The man honestly played a great game, and it shouldn't have even been in that position to make that mistake. His style of play is the only reason why they were in that position. Almost in franchise in the NFL, would have been lucky to have Favre playing QB for them. Where ever he goes, the team has won. He also has a Super Bowl ring which a lot of people can only wish they had.

 

Believe me, I will not argue your points, and I wouldn't say he's a bad QB at all. I'm simply saying that there is merit to the idea that he has costly mistakes that cost them a win or at least a chance to win. He shouldn't have been in position to make that last mistake, but the reality is he did make it, and worse, he made it when he could have run for at least as much yardage as they lost to get them to the point they were satisfied at before (a 50 yarder). The last two times they've exited the playoffs, his last play was an interception in a tied game. The games themselves were fine, but one is left with that image when walking away. His trip to the playoffs before that was a 4 INT game against Minnesota in 2005. In 2004 it was an INT in OT that set up Philadelphia's winning field goal. So right there, that's three out of 4 playoff seasons where his last moment on the field was an INT. Three turnovers in their 2003 playoff loss (fumble and 2 INTs), 6 INTs in their 2002 playoff loss. Surely you can see where some would walk away with these impressions.

I don't see him coming back but I'm sure the circus will loom for quite some time.

He certainly played well enough to come back... I just hope he doesn't go through all the dumb stuff like the last two offseasons. It really gets annoying.

What was his last play on the field the last two trips to the playoffs?

 

Actually his last play for each of his teams (if he retires now) will have been an INT.

 

He's played for the Falcons, Packers, Jets and Vikings and he has thrown an INT as his last pass for all of these teams.

Judging by the looks on his wife's face during the game. I don't think she wants him to come back. She looked like a lady worried about her husband's health. Don't know how much influence she has in his decisions though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.