Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Favre: Does He Return Again?

Will Brett return next season? 46 members have voted

  1. 1. Will Brett return next season?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Favre will most certainly retire within the next couple of weeks and should be ready in time for the Vikings training camp in the Spring.

 

Exactly. :thumb:

  • Replies 43
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was reading the update thread, and I really don't get like some people act like Favre is a bad QB and always throws that interception to lose. The guy has won a Super Bowl, been to another Super Bowl, been the runner up in 3 NFC Championship games, has basically all the passing records there is to have, and only has had ONE LOSING season for his whole career. Yes his style of play does throw interceptions, and does cost them games sometimes. However his style of play has won them many more than they have lost, and is the reason why he has only had the one losing season ever.

 

:thumb: Had his teammates not fumbled the ball 3 times (2 times in the red zone), the Vikings would have been nursing a 1-2 TD lead instead of trying to break the tie. It is still a team sport and the Vikings aren't even in this position if not for Favre.

 

Yes, he has thrown a lot of INTs, but has also thrown more passes than anyone as well. His TD to INT ratio is still better than most of the QBs in the HOF.

 

As far as him coming back, ... he absolutely took a physical beating in this game. Heck they were hitting him when he handed off much less when he threw the ball. He will probably want to wait until he heals up before making any 'firm' decisions. Of course, a firm decision from Favre still means he could change his mind.

He's had a blast and so have those around him! Amazing year. He got beat to death last night and isn't getting any younger. I'm afraid he's gone but hope he's back if he can stay healthy.

Boy, I sure hope not.

Like MT said, his teammates lost the ball many more times this game and that IMHO lost the game. A QB sometimes has to force things at the end to win games because their teammates have been disappointing. Farve threw many less INT this year than he has in his recent past career and was up for the MVP. The guy can play and should be an inspiritation to any football fan, I still cannot figure why so many people want to throw him under the bus and see him retire.

This seasons success will cause him to come back again.

 

:thumb:

 

Even at 40 he is far better than most of the QB's in the league.

Like MT said, his teammates lost the ball many more times this game and that IMHO lost the game. A QB sometimes has to force things at the end to win games because their teammates have been disappointing. Farve threw many less INT this year than he has in his recent past career and was up for the MVP. The guy can play and should be an inspiritation to any football fan, I still cannot figure why so many people want to throw him under the bus and see him retire.

 

2 reasons many don't like Favre:

 

1. The drama that follows him (will he stay, will he go)

2. The fact that he doesn't play for their team

 

:D

:thumb:

 

Even at 40 he is far better than most of the QB's in the league.

 

:thumb:

Ater the beating he took yesterday, he would be crazy to come back. He should think about going into the movies. He did some good acting on the field a few times yesterday.:D

Ater the beating he took yesterday, he would be crazy to come back. He should think about going into the movies. He did some good acting on the field a few times yesterday.:D

 

:ohbrother:

Since when was Favre returning as simple as a "yes" or "no" question?

 

Where is the yes, no, yes, no, still no, now yes option?

I have tried to find reasons not to like Favre since he left Green Bay, but I always find myself silently cheering for him every time I watch him play. There is something magical and kid-like about watching him play. I hope he comes back again, but he really took a beating last night, I would say his body is telling him no right about now. I have realized over the course of this season that I am a Brett Favre fan no matter who he plays for, or how many times he retires. He always manages to win me back over!

Who really believe is the question...I dont!

I sure hope not. I don't think I could take another year of this crap.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.