Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

More Bobby Knight - Now dissing John Wall???

Featured Replies

I ask is this more Bobby Knight shots at UK or not:

 

Bobby Knight says to Hannah Storm on ESPN that: There's a little bit too much said about Wall, obviously he's an extremely talented player, but they've got other kids that can play.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I ask is this more Bobby Knight shots at UK or not:

 

Bobby Knight says to Hannah Storm on ESPN that: There's a little bit too much said about Wall, obviously he's an extremely talented player, but they've got other kids that can play.

It is as much a compliment to the other guys on the team as it is a knock on Wall.

I ask is this more Bobby Knight shots at UK or not:

 

Bobby Knight says to Hannah Storm on ESPN that: There's a little bit too much said about Wall, obviously he's an extremely talented player, but they've got other kids that can play.

No. You can compliment others and still appreciate Wall.

I ask is this more Bobby Knight shots at UK or not:

 

Bobby Knight says to Hannah Storm on ESPN that: There's a little bit too much said about Wall, obviously he's an extremely talented player, but they've got other kids that can play.

 

Well, we all know that Bobby isn't exactly an eloquent speaker...so I think even though he's trying pay a compliment to the entire UK team, it still manages come out sounding like a dig on somebody.

No, I think you are being way too sensitive. He is obviously complimenting the Cats.

I ask is this more Bobby Knight shots at UK or not:

 

Bobby Knight says to Hannah Storm on ESPN that: There's a little bit too much said about Wall, obviously he's an extremely talented player, but they've got other kids that can play.

 

I don't think it's a knock at all. Just pointing out that while he gets the lionshare of the press, there are some other talented kids on the team as well.

No, I think you are being way too sensitive. He is obviously complimenting the Cats.

I am with you, "LRCW".

 

Compliments do not come easy for Coach Knight and that is about as strong a compliment about the UK team as you will get from him.

  • Author

So everyone agrees that there is too much being said about John Wall?

So everyone agrees that there is too much being said about John Wall?

 

Yes and no. This happens every year there is a standout player for any team. This year, it happens that UK has that player. I do agree with Coach Knight that what is being overlooked is that there are several other very talented players on this team. Wall has handled all the publicity as well as any player, especially a freshman, could handle it. My impression is that he wishes there was less focus on him and more on the team.

So everyone agrees that there is too much being said about John Wall?

 

 

No, I'm not saying that either. John Wall is a great player that makes UK go. We've seen how UK has struggled when he is out of the game. With that being said, UK wouldn't be where they are without the great play they've gotten from Bledose, Patterson, Cousins, and the smaller contributions they've gotten from other players. So to sum it up what Knight and others are saying that there should be more being said about Patterson, Cousins and Bledsoe, and good they are.

So everyone agrees that there is too much being said about John Wall?

 

I'd say that most of his accolades are well deserved. However, I can't remember if it was when we were watching the Georgia or the Louisville game, but my brother (who I might add is the biggest UK fan that I know) commented that, "You know, there are 4 other guys running up and down the court with Wall right now."

 

I think in general, it's just the tendency of commentating and media coverage as a whole to pick out the all-star and talk about him nonstop. It's kind of obnoxious, but it's harmless all the same.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Typo

I agree with Knight. The Florida game is a great example...Eric Bledsoe played his best game, and played one of the best individual games by any UK player this season, and he was hardly mentioned on the highlights by SportsCenter. Instead, it was almost all John Wall...

  • Author

I think it goes without saying that no man does it all himself outside of tennis, golf, swimming....but that being said anyone that thinks a freshman on an undefated team that is second in the country in assists and is destined for the number one pick of the draft in June is not going to get the pub that Wall is getting is kidding themselves. I've never seen a game or highlights on ESPN where Patterson, Bledsoe and Big Cuz did not get their love. I completely disagree that there is too much being said about John Wall. He's more than special.

  • Author
I agree with Knight. The Florida game is a great example...Eric Bledsoe played his best game, and played one of the best individual games by any UK player this season, and he was hardly mentioned on the highlights by SportsCenter. Instead, it was almost all John Wall...

That is completely not true. The highlights I saw showed just about every basket Bledsoe made and the story was about how if you're going to concentrate on John Wall look wat Bledsoe can do. Completely false assessment.

 

For the record, I love Bledsoe, Pat Pat and Big Cuz and would not trade them for anyone in the country.

Coach Knight is not dissing Wall. Remember, basketball analysts are supposed to give their opinion on basketball. Those kinds of opinions are what he gets paid for.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.