Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

More Bobby Knight - Now dissing John Wall???

Featured Replies

Yeah, like when he said this: "We've gotten into this situation where integrity is really lacking and that's why I'm glad I'm not coaching coaching," he said. "You see we've got a coach at Kentucky who put two schools on probation and he's still coaching. I really don't understand that."

 

That was enjoyable.

 

What did he say that really was so bad? I mean if he wasn't coaching at UK, and say coach Cal was coaching at Indiana. We all would be thinking and saying the same stuff. You would be lying to yourself, if you didn't think most UK fans would be thinking that same stuff. Unless your a UK fan, people are going to think that.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
What did he say that really was so bad? I mean if he wasn't coaching at UK, and say coach Cal was coaching at Indiana. We all would be thinking and saying the same stuff. You would be lying to yourself, if you didn't think most UK fans would be thinking that same stuff. Unless your a UK fan, people are going to think that.

He's implying Coach Cal should not be allowed to continue to coach because of what happend at UMASS and Memphis even though he was cleared of wrong doing.

I am not a UK fan, but I think without John Wall, UK has at least 4 losses so I don't think too much is being said about the likely number 1 pick in the draft. Bledsoe had a great game against Florida and was credited as having a good game(especially by Billy Donovan). Patterson has been there 2 years already and now the team is great because of Coach Cal and Wall. Big Cuz is getting better every day and playing his way into 1-and-done top 10 draft status and he is getting more and more publicity every game as well.

 

I don't take this as a dig at Wall, but as others have said, more of a compliment to the rest of the team, but John Wall has lived up to the hype and when that happens that is the biggest story within itself.....period.

 

Bobby Knight is still a bitter old man though.

Let me say this about Knight,he was about a good of coach you could find,but there's still alot of coaches out there that were and are just as good if not better.

So the question is,am I dissing Bobby Knight?

  • Author
Let me say this about Knight,he was about a good of coach you could find,but there's still alot of coaches out there that were and are just as good if not better.

So the question is,am I dissing Bobby Knight?

No, but if the week he became the all time winningest coach you said there is too much being said about him, you would be.

I wish someone would have said this about Tim Tebow...

I don't see the knock...I think he was stating that that sum of all was greater than one part...sounds quite complimentary IMO.

He's implying Coach Cal should not be allowed to continue to coach because of what happend at UMASS and Memphis even though he was cleared of wrong doing.

 

As I said before, I don't see much wrong in him saying that. Probably most people in America think that too. And I said say Coach Cal was coaching at an Indiana right now, we would be having the whole UK fan base thinking the same thing as Knight. However since he is the UK coach, all of us UK fans don't think like that now. You can guarntee though that if he had went somewhere else after he left Memphis, and then Memphis got in trouble. You would have most of the UK fan base saying he is a cheater, and that they are glad he is not our coach. However since we have him, we only see the positive, but you lying to yourself if you don't think we would be thinking the same thing if he was somewhere else.

  • Author
As I said before, I don't see much wrong in him saying that. Probably most people in America think that too. And I said say Coach Cal was coaching at an Indiana right now, we would be having the whole UK fan base thinking the same thing as Knight. However since he is the UK coach, all of us UK fans don't think like that now. You can guarntee though that if he had went somewhere else after he left Memphis, and then Memphis got in trouble. You would have most of the UK fan base saying he is a cheater, and that they are glad he is not our coach. However since we have him, we only see the positive, but you lying to yourself if you don't think we would be thinking the same thing if he was somewhere else.

Didn't think it last year and I don't think it now. Anyone that blames Calipari for someone taking the ACT for a player is an idiot. Anyone that thinks a coach can stop a booster from giving a player money is an idiot.

Didn't think it last year and I don't think it now. Anyone that blames Calipari for someone taking the ACT for a player is an idiot. Anyone that thinks a coach can stop a booster from giving a player money is an idiot.

 

And your a UK fan correct? :sssh:

 

Thats exactly my point with this. As UK fans, we are going to see on the good side of things. However as I said, say he had went to an Indiana, or another top school like that. Then we find out about Memphis having to give up their final four. You can guarntee that most of our UK fan base would be saying he shouldn't be coaching, he runs a dirty program, and were glad he is not here. However since he is the coach here at UK, we don't look at it this way.

 

I am not saying that I think that about him. However once again I am a UK fan. You just really would be kidding yourself though, if you dont think that most of this UK faithful wouldn't be saying different if this situation was opposite.

  • Author
And your a UK fan correct? :sssh:

 

Thats exactly my point with this. As UK fans, we are going to see on the good side of things. However as I said, say he had went to an Indiana, or another top school like that. Then we find out about Memphis having to give up their final four. You can guarntee that most of our UK fan base would be saying he shouldn't be coaching, he runs a dirty program, and were glad he is not here. However since he is the coach here at UK, we don't look at it this way.

 

I am not saying that I think that about him. However once again I am a UK fan. You just really would be kidding yourself though, if you dont think that most of this UK faithful wouldn't be saying different if this situation was opposite.

You're killing me Smalls.

I can't hardly watch a game he is doing because he is so bad and I generally like Knight. I don't think he's wrong on this one. It's still a team game and KY has a ton of talent outside of Wall. That being said Wall is as good as there has been in college in quite some time IMO. I think it's a lot like Tebow. The media talks so much about him that it wears some folks out which is understandable. He's amazing though!

No doubt Knight hates on the Cats though.

I've heard several people say pretty much the same thing. I think they're just complimenting the team.

So everyone agrees that there is too much being said about John Wall?

 

I can't speak for everyone butI do, as others have stated and in so many words......"consider the source". I try and do just that when Knight is talking on anything to anyone except for his commentary during the games. I think he is excellent on that and I do love his commentary on any game he is calling. Love him or hate him he is one of the best basketball coaches to ever be on a bench, the man is a virtual encyclopedia on his knowledge of the game and he explains it well.

  • Author

Well, I must admit, that considering the love affair the Commonwealth has with John Wall, and deservedly so, I'm shocked to hear so many people say there is too much being said about him. I completely agree that Coach Knight was complimenting the other players as well, but I'm surprised people think that. I'm so happy with this year's team being the last undefeated team in the nation, I look so forward to watching them play from John Wall, down to Mark Krebs and everyone in between. I love watching a game that does not include UK and the announcers talk about John Wall. It just reminds me how thankful I am for Coach Cal and the fact that he brought us John Wall. I can't get enough.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.