Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fun Random UK Wildcat Facts

Featured Replies

  • Replies 57
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1954 the team went 25-0,now we all know that,but did you know that there was another season that UK went undefeated,and that was 1912,they won all 9 games they played.

Joe B. Hall & the Post-It Note are both from Cynthiana.

 

I grew up just down the street from Joe B's sister in Cynthiana (and I've NEVER bought a Post-it note. Don't have to when they are given to you!)

  • Author
I didn't think Dan Issel would have to buy friends.:lol: JK

 

I know you are kidding, but the fact that Dan Issel is in a fraternity would prove in my mind that your statement isn't true. However, another conversation for another day.

I know you are kidding, but the fact that Dan Issel is in a fraternity would prove in my mind that your statement isn't true. However, another conversation for another day.

 

 

Besides, it doesn't look like he has the money to buy friends. :lol:

The best player to never start a game for Kentucky......Earl Adkins....Ashland. I witnesed a 25 point game off the bench that won a game against Vanderbilt. A true Gentleman to boot.

Michael Porter was a worse starting point gaurd than Saul Smith, and I didn't think that was possible.

While working for the Cooperative Extension Service at UK, I had the privelage to sit beside Former Coach David Hobbs, and Bill Keightley at a cookout. Mr. Wildcat told UK stories over and over and everyone at the table sat in awe.

The best player to never start a game for Kentucky......Earl Adkins....Ashland. I witnesed a 25 point game off the bench that won a game against Vanderbilt. A true Gentleman to boot.

 

 

:thumb: Earl "Brother" Adkins. I had the privelege of meeting him a couple of times. He was a friend of my dad and uncle.

  • Author

I forgot to mention this when I started this thread, so I thought I would bring it back to life...

 

I had the opportunity to meet Allen Edwards while I was working on a project at Towson University. He had recently been hired by Coach Pat Kennedy a few months before. He shop talked about UK ball for about five minutes...I thought it was pretty cool.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.