Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fun Random UK Wildcat Facts

Featured Replies

I figured a thread on this topic could be fun. I will start it off...

 

Dan Issel, the all-time leading scorer of the Kentucky Wildcats was initiated into the Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity in 1968.

  • Replies 57
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kentucky posted the best record in college basketball in 1954. Their record was 25-0. Kentucky declined the offer to play in the NCAA Tournament. Adolph Rupp was quoted with, "We're not going because I'm not going to take a bunch of turds like you to the NCAA".

Back when Joe B had Big Melvin Turpin on a diet, I walked into the Nicholasville Hardees and whitnessed him cheating by eating cheesburgers and fries. :lol:

 

:sssh: This was way before everybody had cell phones.

Back when Joe B had Big Melvin Turpin on a diet, I walked into the Nicholasville Hardees and whitnessed him cheating by eating cheesburgers and fries. :lol:

 

:sssh: This was way before everybody had cell phones.

 

Big Mel could eat. I saw him eat 5 Big Macs in a sitting. That must have been before his diet.:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I have a UK basketball calendar on my desk that gives a "It happened on this day in..."

 

Today was in 1998. Tubby goes back to UGA the first time to take on the Bulldogs and G.G. I remember that game vividly and there were some cool moments when the Smith brothers were going up against one another.

  • Author

Bankruptcy or not, still kinda cool...at least for me lol. Thought this thread would open up other fun facts as well.

I played against the Unforgettables in 1992. I remember Deron Feldhaus putting one of my shots in the stands when I thought I was going in for an uncontested layup. Richie Farmer also drilled a 35 ft. shot on me.

I figured a thread on this topic could be fun. I will start it off...

 

Dan Issel, the all-time leading scorer of the Kentucky Wildcats was initiated into the Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity in 1968.

 

Actuall this is Valerie Steel, not Issel.

I figured a thread on this topic could be fun. I will start it off...

 

Dan Issel, the all-time leading scorer of the Kentucky Wildcats was initiated into the Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity in 1968.

 

Actuall this is Valerie Steel, not Issel.

 

 

Isn't she a Ladycat?

  • Author
Dan Issel, the all-time leading scorer of the Kentucky Wildcats was initiated into the Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity in 1968.

 

As was his teammate, Mike Pratt in 1967.

  • Author
Actuall this is Valerie Steel, not Issel.

 

Isn't she a Ladycat?

 

Yeah, she's a Ladycat...thanks doubledeuce.

In 1997 I attended the UK vs. Minnesota Final Four game in Indianapolis. I spent $350 for a ticket that did not include the finals! That was 13 years ago! The Final Four is in Indianapolis this year. How much is the ticket going to be if UK is there?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.