January 2, 201016 yr It's sad we never got to see the real Gillespie because of his addiction. If anyone in here has ever been around an addict it is tough. If the addiction gets bad enough its like your dealing with an entirely different person. The Billy Clyde we got was an egotystical sociopath who as the oil while Kentucky was the water. The two just didn't mix. To be the coach at Kentucky, it takes a lot of it factor. It's so much more than just coaching basketball, its being an ambassador for the school, its being a celebrity, its being a lot, and more than most coaches are willing to take on successfully. Calipari has been a God send, being he has "it", while BCG certainly did not. If he successfully kicks his addiction, then he may be able to understand all the things he had happen wrong at Kentucky, then learn from those mistakes. It wasn't that Gillespie was a horrible coach, he was just a horrible coach for Kentucky. From the day he walked in he was looking over his shoulder like someone was out to get him. The normal UK coaching pressure was on him, and he just wasn't able to handle it, virtually causing him to crack, and I'm sure fueling his alcohol addiction as well. I don't wish failure on anyone. I hope Billy Gillespie grows from this experience, gets in control of his addictions, and return to have another successful stint coaching in the NCAA.
January 2, 201016 yr Just another of your post that makes me say "Not Surprised"... While I'm at it I would like to apologize for not posting in the following threads "Man saves puppy", "Dog nurses cat", "Kid dances for a cause" and "Nursing home votes to keep pudding fund". Those are all things I agreed with but neglected to say so, how pathetic I feel now I realize saying nothing is the same as saying I wish BCG a life of torment from his personal demons... :ohbrother: C'mon. Don't be like that. I am saying it like I see it. I have supported several things UK related, ie: Coach Brooks when few UK fans wanted him to keep his job. Other factors give me reason to question UK fans' ability to wish BCG well on a personal level. History shows that if an ex-coach of UK encounters personal struggles, they're quick to jump on it with glee. It's not just UK. UL fans were quick to pounce on Pitino, and the way that the UL fanbase treated the Kragthorpe family makes me disgusted to be a part of that collective. Why dig on RockMom? Its only the first day of the year. I'm waiting a few days, she only posts during football season, I still can't get over that statement. :jump: :lol: It's because I'm a UL fan. :lol: Apparently I can't post anything about UK because I must be only wanting to antagonize or disrespect the all-holy UK. :lol: :lol: Taking shots at UK fans because they haven't responded in a thread...:lol: I mean, it couldn't have anything to do that yesterday was New Year's Eve, and today is New Year's Day...No, that can't have anything to do with it. It's not taking a shot at all. It's a statement of what I see as a fact. If BCG had been coaching a UK team that lost a game on or near New Year's Eve or New Year's Day, you don't think that a thread calling for his head wouldn't have had tons of posts?
January 2, 201016 yr It's not taking a shot at all. It's a statement of what I see as a fact. If BCG had been coaching a UK team that lost a game on or near New Year's Eve or New Year's Day, you don't think that a thread calling for his head wouldn't have had tons of posts? Well if BCG was still UK's coach and was still losing games then of course there would be more responses to a thread about him, but the fact is he's an ex-coach who is part of the past most UK fans would like to forget about. Even if you realized that and understood it your dislike and constant berating of all things UK wouldn't allow you to process it like you should...
January 2, 201016 yr Rockmom they are just sensitive because your not that far off base! :lol::lol: So you agree that the majority of UK fans wish ill will on BCG?
January 3, 201016 yr Well if BCG was still UK's coach and was still losing games then of course there would be more responses to a thread about him, but the fact is he's an ex-coach who is part of the past most UK fans would like to forget about. Even if you realized that and understood it your dislike and constant berating of all things UK wouldn't allow you to process it like you should... I definitely don't berate all things UK. You should go back and research my posts. Maybe if you read my posts instead of making assumptions because I'm a Card fan you would realize that I'm just stating the obvious disparity of ugly posts about BCG as a human being and the number of posts to a thread by someone who obviously is understanding of human failings. I'm sure your anti-Louisville bias has everything to do with you making the assumption that I post only negatively about UK. Maybe you would be able to process my posts like YOU should if you'd actually read any of them.
January 3, 201016 yr I don't feel too sorry for him. He's rich, he is in control of his actions and he will coach again. He took a job that was too big for him but he made a lot of money from it. He also found rock bottom which is what it takes for people to get back on their feet. I wish him nothing but the best and hope he wins it all some day. It would be a great story. He is like all of us...human. He made mistakes and hopefully learned from them.
January 3, 201016 yr I definitely don't berate all things UK. You should go back and research my posts. Maybe if you read my posts instead of making assumptions because I'm a Card fan you would realize that I'm just stating the obvious disparity of ugly posts about BCG as a human being and the number of posts to a thread by someone who obviously is understanding of human failings. I'm sure your anti-Louisville bias has everything to do with you making the assumption that I post only negatively about UK. Maybe you would be able to process my posts like YOU should if you'd actually read any of them. Somebody touched a nerve!:scared: Do they teach comebacks in MODERATOR school? Shouldn't you be a little more patient/kind with all of us who have not reached your status? :thumb:
January 3, 201016 yr So, because I haven't responded it means I wish ill will towards him? Hilarious.
January 3, 201016 yr I don't wish ill on anyone. I hope that Billy Clyde does beat his demons and get his life back on track. He turned 2 programs around before he got to UK, so the man can coach. Just hope he wins the more important battle and the rest will fall into place for him.
January 3, 201016 yr So you agree that the majority of UK fans wish ill will on BCG? Thanks for trying but don't put words in my mouth. I am saying that some UK fans don't care about BCG at this point because he no longer the coach. They have moved on and don't really worry if the man gets the help he needs.
January 3, 201016 yr I definitely don't berate all things UK. You should go back and research my posts. Maybe if you read my posts instead of making assumptions because I'm a Card fan you would realize that I'm just stating the obvious disparity of ugly posts about BCG as a human being and the number of posts to a thread by someone who obviously is understanding of human failings. I'm sure your anti-Louisville bias has everything to do with you making the assumption that I post only negatively about UK. Maybe you would be able to process my posts like YOU should if you'd actually read any of them. To be honest I have dismissed any post you've made about UK for quite some time, most of the time every post you make about UK comes with strings attached whether it be a shot at UK fans for not recognizing what they have (see any post you've ever made with the words Tubby or Rich) or your latest shot at UK fans for claiming the majority of them don't want BCG to overcome his alcoholism...
January 3, 201016 yr To be honest I have dismissed any post you've made about UK for quite some time, most of the time every post you make about UK comes with strings attached whether it be a shot at UK fans for not recognizing what they have (see any post you've ever made with the words Tubby or Rich) or your latest shot at UK fans for claiming the majority of them don't want BCG to overcome his alcoholism... Look, it's obvious that 1) you have no intention of looking beyond your assumption to see what I'm trying to say, 2) you have no intention of actually posting what your thoughts are on the topic of the thread, and 3) your only defense to my post is to attack my thoughts. Fair enough. You continue with your thoughts about what I post, and I'll continue with my thoughts about yours.:thumb:
January 3, 201016 yr Look, it's obvious that 1) you have no intention of looking beyond your assumption to see what I'm trying to say It’s very clear to me what you’re trying to say… I would hope that at least the majority of UK fans are of the same sentiments as expressed by many in this thread. But, considering the lack of responses to this thread, I tend to think it's unfortunately not the case. Look, it's obvious that 2) you have no intention of actually posting what your thoughts are on the topic of the thread Wow, I guess you missed this…Not surprised… Can't say it any better than that, I have prayed for BCG and will continue to do so. I don't think anyone is rooting against BGC now... Look, it's obvious that 3) your only defense to my post is to attack my thoughts. Because it’s your "thoughts" I have a problem with, when you put a pen to your "thoughts" or in this case a keyboard expect them to be criticized and when your "thought" is that most UK fans don’t care if BCG gets healthy and your scientific data to support that is the lack of responses to a thread on BGP then you should certainly expect criticism. Sorry but that’s the way it works…
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.