Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 88 Drexel 44

Featured Replies

Redshirts are relatively uncommon in basketball I think, especially at UK. I don't know that I can remember a UK player redshirting if it wasn't injury related. I don't know why you would redshirt Hood anyway, I can't see him being more than a role player and you have to think he will get recruited over in the coming years.

 

Shepherd and Prickett are the only ones that come to mind....

  • Replies 51
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Redshirts are relatively uncommon in basketball I think, especially at UK. I don't know that I can remember a UK player redshirting if it wasn't injury related. I don't know why you would redshirt Hood anyway, I can't see him being more than a role player and you have to think he will get recruited over in the coming years.

 

With there being at least 3 players likely to leave early and with the depth this year's squad has it would seem to me that you would want an extra year for Hood to get stronger and to contribute. He has skills. He's simply not strong enough or quick enough. I'm not saying he'll ever be a major contributor but I guarantee you that with a redshirt year UK gets more out of him in those 4 years than they are with this year plus the next 3.

Redshirts are relatively uncommon in basketball I think, especially at UK. I don't know that I can remember a UK player redshirting if it wasn't injury related. I don't know why you would redshirt Hood anyway, I can't see him being more than a role player and you have to think he will get recruited over in the coming years.

 

Jeff Shepherd is the obvious one.

 

Scott Padgett was an academic reason redshirt, wasn't he?

 

Someone mentioned Prickett but I think Pitino used his "injury" as a chance to sit him the whole season.

That always works so well on here.

 

It will this time since Lville is the last out of conference game before the SEC starts for the Cats.

It will this time since Lville is the last out of conference game before the SEC starts for the Cats.

IF Kentucky beats UL I still see them losing one or two SEC games.

Are there and black Nike UK2k shirts left in Lexington?

IF Kentucky beats UL I still see them losing one or two SEC games.

I apologize I miss read his quote. I thought he was talking about the out of conference schedule which Lville was the last one.

 

I would agree that they will probably lose 1-3 in conference games.

Last night felt great, and today feels even better. Just when you stop and think many of us fans last year felt our time on top had come to an end with Carolina cruising, mixed with Billy Clyde's losing. All of a sudden Cal comes in, brings a sick recruiting class with him not even a month on the job, then ultimately starts the season undefeated. Sure beats losing to Gardner Webb and VMI at this point in the season. Without question feels better than getting beat like a nobody against Kansas and North Carolina (among others). Finally Kentucky basketball is back, and it is the hippest thing in college basketball right now. The fact the number three recruit in next years class was hanging at a tournament decked head to toe in Kentucky gear shows the hotness of Cal and UK right now. We have got more attention this week than all of last season combined. Take Jodie Meeks away, along with his 54 against Tennessee, and not making the tourney. You get a team pretty much nobody cares about other than right here in the commonwealth. So it sure feels good to be good, and to matter once again. Last night IMO wasn't just a celebration of the past, but rather a celebration of the rebirth of Kentucky basketball as well. The way Calipari and all the players have latched onto this history and tradition of Kentucky basketball almost brings a tear to my eye. To hear a player like John Wall talk about Mr. Keightley without even knows something means a lot. It may not seem like a big deal to most, but a player with that type of superstar status often doesn't praise somebody that they have never even met before, or have had a personal bond with.

 

UK2K and Beyond. :banana:

IMO if Miller don't step it up Liggins will have his spot. Coach spoke highly of him after the game.

 

I honestly think Miller was in danger of losing his spot without Liggins return...I think Dodson was pushing hard to take that spot.

 

Miller started struggling with the UNC game and hasn't broken out of it yet. Hopefully, he can get back in the flow. He can bring a lot to the table when he's playing well. I love his mid-range game and his unselfishness, i.e., his ability to fit in. However, he needs to find the balance between asserting himself when necessary and disappearing altogether. He seems to have lost some confidence and he's playing with some hesitancy.

 

I'm not surprised at all that Liggins is flashing some skills. He was a pretty high rated recruit and Cal wanted him at Memphis. Obviously, he saw something he liked and thought could work in his system.

 

He'll also help to soften the blow from early departures at the end of this season. But, I'm more concerned with what he can do now in helping us win a championship.

I honestly think Miller was in danger of losing his spot without Liggins return...I think Dodson was pushing hard to take that spot.

 

Miller started struggling with the UNC game and hasn't broken out of it yet. Hopefully, he can get back in the flow. He can bring a lot to the table when he's playing well. I love his mid-range game and his unselfishness, i.e., his ability to fit in. However, he needs to find the balance between asserting himself when necessary and disappearing altogether. He seems to have lost some confidence and he's playing with some hesitancy.

 

I'm not surprised at all that Liggins is flashing some skills. He was a pretty high rated recruit and Cal wanted him at Memphis. Obviously, he saw something he liked and thought could work in his system.

 

He'll also help to soften the blow from early departures at the end of this season. But, I'm more concerned with what he can do now in helping us win a championship.

 

^ Absolutely.

I really don't understand why some of you are so down on Miller. He is averaging 7.5 points a game, shooting 40% from 3 land, 90% from the charity stripe, has over a 2-1 assist to turnover ratio, and plays solid defense. What more do you expect from this young sophomore?

I really don't understand why some of you are so down on Miller. He is averaging 7.5 points a game, shooting 40% from 3 land, 90% from the charity stripe, has over a 2-1 assist to turnover ratio, and plays solid defense. What more do you expect from this young sophomore?

 

Dodson averages more points in about 10 less minutes per game. I think all of Big Blue Nation wants Darius to be more aggressive and confident on the offensive end.

I really don't understand why some of you are so down on Miller. He is averaging 7.5 points a game, shooting 40% from 3 land, 90% from the charity stripe, has over a 2-1 assist to turnover ratio, and plays solid defense. What more do you expect from this young sophomore?
:thumb: I believe at this time Darius is just a role player. What else is he going to do with PPat, Wall, and Cousins in the game. He is definitely not hurting the team.
Dodson averages more points in about 10 less minutes per game. I think all of Big Blue Nation wants Darius to be more aggressive and confident on the offensive end.

 

:thumb:

Dodson averages more points in about 10 less minutes per game. I think all of Big Blue Nation wants Darius to be more aggressive and confident on the offensive end.

 

Dodson does average .4(point 4 less than a half point) points more per game.

Darius is @ 90% for FT.

Dodson is @ 67% for FT.

They are basically tied at 3point shooting %.

IMO, Darius is a better defender and does not play out of control as much as Dodson. I think they both have roles to play on this team and Cal will use them how he needs them. I don't think it really matters which of these 2 players start.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.