Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 88 Drexel 44

Featured Replies

I really don't understand why some of you are so down on Miller. He is averaging 7.5 points a game, shooting 40% from 3 land, 90% from the charity stripe, has over a 2-1 assist to turnover ratio, and plays solid defense. What more do you expect from this young sophomore?

 

For me I expected Miller to make huge strides from last season with the hiring of Coach Cal. I am not saying he is not somewhat improved, but I still see a lot of the same timidness that plagued him a good portion of last season.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For me I expected Miller to make huge strides from last season with the hiring of Coach Cal. I am not saying he is not somewhat improved, but I still see a lot of the same timidness that plagued him a good portion of last season.

 

 

 

I think Miller knows his role on this team, as does Coach Cal. I think it's obvious that Coach Cal is happy with his play, or he wouldn't be starting or getting the minutes he does. I think some of you are placing way too high expectations on him.

I think Miller knows his role on this team, as does Coach Cal. I think it's obvious that Coach Cal is happy with his play, or he wouldn't be starting or getting the minutes he does. I think some of you are placing way too high expectations on him.

We are UK fans, isn't that our job?

 

He should averaging 16, 8, and 5 a game. :D

 

In all seriousness, I believe Darius does know his role... I know it is not his personality, but most felt Darius would be a lot more assertive of a player this season.

For me I expected Miller to make huge strides from last season with the hiring of Coach Cal. I am not saying he is not somewhat improved, but I still see a lot of the same timidness that plagued him a good portion of last season.

 

I definitely think he's better, but I agree and that's all I'm saying. Its not so much about averages, but how he plays, and he seems to have regressed a bit in that regard over the last 5 games or so. But, its just 5 games, so we'll see.

 

JMO

 

FYI, his minutes have dropped by more than 10 per game over the last three games.

I definitely think he's better, but I agree and that's all I'm saying. Its not so much about averages, but how he plays, and he seems to have regressed a bit in that regard over the last 5 games or so. But, its just 5 games, so we'll see.

 

JMO

 

FYI, his minutes have dropped by more than 10 per game over the last three games.

 

I think several factors could cause this.

Harris more playing time.

Dodson more playing time.

Liggins is playing now.

Bench more playing time.

I don't think we can go by the last three games. Mondays game against Drexel the bench cleared early so he got less minutes. Games that are not close he got less minutes Austin Peay, IN.

Check the UConn and UNC games you will see he had 30min and 32min. Darius is going to get more minutes in those type of games.

Was Hood a 4 star recruit? If so I can't figure out how, or else there is a huge discrepency betweenn 4's and 5's. He looks so weak out there and hesitant, as well as slow and not coordinated. I think that is about it. If all he can do is post up on the arc and shoot 65% then he will not play much at UK. He needs to add weight worse than #21.

 

My brother mentioned this a the game as well, if BCG had stayed out starting 5 would've been:

 

Stevens

Hood

Harris

Orton

Miller

 

Because Liggins wasn't sticking around, Patterson would be gone, no Wall or Cousins or Dodson or Bledsoe.

I liked BCG, but I'm glad Coach Cal is here now after what all has taken place. UK couldn't be in any better place right now. Good luck to BCG though, I don't believe it was all his fault for UK declining.

Was Hood a 4 star recruit? If so I can't figure out how, or else there is a huge discrepency betweenn 4's and 5's. He looks so weak out there and hesitant, as well as slow and not coordinated. I think that is about it. If all he can do is post up on the arc and shoot 65% then he will not play much at UK. He needs to add weight worse than #21.

 

My brother mentioned this a the game as well, if BCG had stayed out starting 5 would've been:

 

Stevens

Hood

Harris

Orton

Miller

 

Because Liggins wasn't sticking around, Patterson would be gone, no Wall or Cousins or Dodson or Bledsoe.

I liked BCG, but I'm glad Coach Cal is here now after what all has taken place. UK couldn't be in any better place right now. Good luck to BCG though, I don't believe it was all his fault for UK declining.

 

UK was in decline when he took over. It wasn't his fault. But, his job was to reverse that trend instead of continue it and not only did that not happen in his two years, all the signs pointed toward things getting worse.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.