December 22, 200916 yr ESPN Classic will be airing both the 1992 and 1998 NCAA games this Wednesday. The 1992 game will be aired from 9:30 am-11:30 am, and the 1998 game with be from 5pm-7pm.
December 22, 200916 yr Excellent.. I had the '98 game on my DVR but when I switched from Dish to DIRECTV I lost it... and I really want it back. :lol:
December 22, 200916 yr Two of the best games in UK history--and the 1992 game is one of the best in NCAA tourney history. I can remember exactly where I was and what I was doing during both games.
December 22, 200916 yr Two of the best games in UK history--and the 1992 game is one of the best in NCAA tourney history. I can remember exactly where I was and what I was doing during both games.As do I. In 92 I was at my parents house in Rockholds, in 98 sitting right there in Tropicana Field.
December 23, 200916 yr I can remember turning the 98 game off around halftime because it was turning in to a blowout, then turning the game back on with 4 minutes or so left only to see UK had came back.
December 23, 200916 yr Author I can remember turning the 98 game off around halftime because it was turning in to a blowout, then turning the game back on with 4 minutes or so left only to see UK had came back. They were only down 10 at the half. Those Cats were known for coming back, and you gave up on them in the championship game because they were down by 10? :idunno:
December 23, 200916 yr If they really wanted to, they could make this an all-day affair. 1966 (Doubt much footage is left) UK (#1) over Duke (#2) in Final Four by 4 points I believe. 1978 NCAA Title Game with Givens going off for 41 points and UK winning 94-88. 1980 NCAA Sweet 16 game at Rupp. Duke builds a big lead only to see UK come back and have the chance to win it at the buzzer but Kyle Macy's last shot as a Wildcat was just off the mark. 1992 and 1998 go without explanation. See, this could really be a great all day video fest. :thumb:
December 23, 200916 yr They were only down 10 at the half. Those Cats were known for coming back, and you gave up on them in the championship game because they were down by 10? :idunno: It wasn't right at half time, they were down like 15 or so when I turned it off, it's been 11 years so I don't remember exactly when I turned it off. I do believe I had watched Rhode Island lose in the elite 8 in the game before this one though.
December 23, 200916 yr And James Lee dunks it. :lol: They weren't showing that game on Classic when I posted, however.
December 23, 200916 yr And Laettner hits it! :lol: I prefer Cawood's call. Immediately he follows up with: "And that's why Duke is #1." Said it plainly, and to the point. Great explanation. :thumb:
December 23, 200916 yr They weren't showing that game on Classic when I posted, however. You wouldn't watch it if it was.
December 23, 200916 yr Thank you, taped and will be taping both of them. I'll watch the 92 game tonight. Such great memories.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.