Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KY/TN Border Bowl

Featured Replies

Does anyone have a list of players who have been selected for this game?

  • Replies 136
  • Views 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know 1 that was left off that is a shame. DL for Bell Co. Billy Lawson. Just named 1st team all-state.

 

I think Bell Co. has 2 Matt Raines and Cody Marcum? No offical word just what I have heard.

  • Author

I was told yesterday that Raymond Shears, WR/S from North Laurel was selected so I was hoping that the full list was out.

I think an offical list comes out sometime within the week? 1 thing I can't fiqure out is how is it a Border Bowl when you have players from Northern KY? They have an All-star game of their own. We should use this to promote and reward the kids of SEKY. We use sponsors from this area and should use players from the same area.

I think an offical list comes out sometime within the week? 1 thing I can't fiqure out is how is it a Border Bowl when you have players from Northern KY? They have an All-star game of their own. We should use this to promote and reward the kids of SEKY. We use sponsors from this area and should use players from the same area.

 

I thought it was more of a Kentucky vs. Tennessee thing.

I think an offical list comes out sometime within the week? 1 thing I can't fiqure out is how is it a Border Bowl when you have players from Northern KY? They have an All-star game of their own. We should use this to promote and reward the kids of SEKY. We use sponsors from this area and should use players from the same area.

 

Agreed!

I think an offical list comes out sometime within the week? 1 thing I can't fiqure out is how is it a Border Bowl when you have players from Northern KY? They have an All-star game of their own. We should use this to promote and reward the kids of SEKY. We use sponsors from this area and should use players from the same area.

 

If the intent of the game is an all star team from SE Ky playing an all star team from NE Tenn., then I agree with you. But that was not my understanding of the intent. Perhaps some poster officially involved with the game can provide some clarification.

 

Never mind. I found the below language on the Border Bowl web site, that provides some clarification:

 

The Border Bowl is a non-profit organization established to promote high school football in Kentucky and Tennessee. The objective is to provide an ALL-STAR game featuring the top players in Kentucky and Tennessee.

 

I see no mention of just the best players from SE Ky being involved. Heck, the head coach for the Ky squad is from N. Ky.

If the intent of the game is an all star team from SE Ky playing an all star team from NE Tenn., then I agree with you. But that was not my understanding of the intent. Perhaps some poster officially involved with the game can provide some clarification.

 

Never mind. I found the below language on the Border Bowl web site, that provides some clarification:

 

The Border Bowl is a non-profit organization established to promote high school football in Kentucky and Tennessee. The objective is to provide an ALL-STAR game featuring the top players in Kentucky and Tennessee.

 

I see no mention of just the best players from SE Ky being involved. Heck, the head coach for the Ky squad is from N. Ky.

 

Please LN do not interject logic or facts into the discussion it takes all the fun out!!:D

I think an offical list comes out sometime within the week? 1 thing I can't fiqure out is how is it a Border Bowl when you have players from Northern KY? They have an All-star game of their own. We should use this to promote and reward the kids of SEKY. We use sponsors from this area and should use players from the same area.

 

The last time I checked NKY is part of Ky. This game is Ky all-stars vs Tenn all-stars...Why don't you want kids from NKY???? They typically are bigger, stronger, and faster than kids from SEKY...:p:p:p Just kidding..:lol:

I know Dylan Curry from Western Hills was selected to the game.

I think an offical list comes out sometime within the week? 1 thing I can't fiqure out is how is it a Border Bowl when you have players from Northern KY? They have an All-star game of their own. We should use this to promote and reward the kids of SEKY. We use sponsors from this area and should use players from the same area.

 

Great idea, heres what we can do. SEKY can have an All Star team and NKY can have an All Star team and we can still do the border bowl thingy. NKY will play OH and SEKY will play the TN team. Every other yr we will alternate games and SEKY will play OH. I want to see SEKY promote some of that good ole "smashmouth football" and lay some on them Buckeyes. :D 20n10

Who's the KY coach?

Who's the KY coach?

 

 

Holy Cross coach , Kozerski.

I know Dylan Curry from Western Hills was selected to the game.

 

Although this is an all-star team , many of the players that have scholarship offers , or college recruiting interest , don't participate in this game do to injury fears. The ones that benefit by playing in this game are the ones that might need a little more exposier for the college scouts. (JMO)

Great idea, heres what we can do. SEKY can have an All Star team and NKY can have an All Star team and we can still do the border bowl thingy. NKY will play OH and SEKY will play the TN team. Every other yr we will alternate games and SEKY will play OH. I want to see SEKY promote some of that good ole "smashmouth football" and lay some on them Buckeyes. :D 20n10

 

Great post ,sounds good to me! :laugh:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.