Big Ten Expansion Talks

Bluegrass Hoops Report

^^I agree. It would be like OU vs. Texas, which IMO would always be better if they could only play once and have it decide the division (in most years :lol:). Michigan v. Ohio State sounds like a great Big 10 title game, but they can't really play two games in a row. I would like to see Penn State on the other side of the conference from them though.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^I agree. It would be like OU vs. Texas, which IMO would always be better if they could only play once and have it decide the division (in most years :lol:). Michigan v. Ohio State sounds like a great Big 10 title game, but they can't really play two games in a row. I would like to see Penn State on the other side of the conference from them though.

I'm with you put Penn State on the other side. But the OSU/Michigan game builds all year. They want everything on the line for it. Babies that are born during the Michigan week in Columbus get OSU beanies.

ND would make the Big 10 THAT much more intresting. The average college football fan would definetly watch an annual ND vs. OSU, and PSU.

Plus, ND would give the Big 10 a nice boost in income.

And ND would lose money which is why they will never lose it as long as they have the advantages they currently enjoy.

So, instead of doing it geographically...how 'bout something like this?

"National"........................"American"

Ohio State......................Penn State

Michigan.........................Minnesota

Michigan State................Wisconsin

Indiana..........................Iowa

Purdue...........................Illinois

Missouri..........................Northwestern

Just thinking out loud.

Just thinking out loud.

That actually looks pretty good. :thumb: You have the Michigan schools in the same bracket, the Illinois teams in the same bracket and the Indiana teams in the same bracket. Maybe swap Mizzu and Wisky so Iowa and Mizzu build a rivarly.

Just thinking out loud.

Seems logical to me.

I'd like to see ND in it but don't see it for money reasons. Pitt would be a nice pickup as would Louisville. Probably a bad move for the teams but would be interesting. WVU would be interesting too. WVU+Pitt would make a lot of sense if you want to strengthen it.

I'd like to see ND in it but don't see it for money reasons. Pitt would be a nice pickup as would Louisville. Probably a bad move for the teams but would be interesting. WVU would be interesting too. WVU+Pitt would make a lot of sense if you want to strengthen it.

I would take Pitt although that would really hurt the Beast I think. The talk I heard a few years ago is they wanted a midwest team.