3A Final: Paducah Tilghman 21 Somerset 0

Birdsfan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tilghman finished third in the district.

No one wrote off Tilghman because of their talent. The utilization of it has been questioned.

No more honest statement then that, PT is stacked with talent every year. Looks like the coaching staff got it figured out when it mattered - in the playoffs.

Congrats PT; I am amazed!!

Congrats Tilghman, great game played by the Blue Tornado D today. I never thought Somerset would turn the ball over 7 times. Great game by the Somerset D keeping us in the game until the fourth quarter while being backed up all day.

I couldn't be prouder of our boys or coaches for the season that we had. If someone offered me a 14-1 season 4 months ago I would have taken it without batting an eye.

Congratulations to PT players and coaches; but......this was the most organized chaos I have ever seen in a state game. 9+ turnovers did not reflect positively on either team. Offenses weren't able to advance the ball as evidenced by the 'chain-gang' rarely moving. Just felt it was an overall poor representation of the Class 3-A bracket. Makes a fan wish two other teams were hashing it out on the gridiron and representing this class of schools who have better balanced offense/defenses.

Although I don’t disagree with many of the arguments about 3A or the game, the bottom line is that PT won the State Championship game and made an incredible run after a poor start to the season. They won the games they had to win to be champions just like Fort Campbell, Highlands, LCA, St X, and Boyle. PT has no control over who is in or not in 3A.

Tilghman looked awesome yesterday. I managed to get to four of the six games this weekend and was very glad to attend this one. That first half was one of the most bizarre things I've ever witnessed and I really hoped Somerset could keep it there. In fact, going in I really thought Somerset would win the thing.

Congratulations to Tilghman.

Tilghman looked awesome yesterday. I managed to get to four of the six games this weekend and was very glad to attend this one. That first half was one of the most bizarre things I've ever witnessed and I really hoped Somerset could keep it there. In fact, going in I really thought Somerset would win the thing.

Congratulations to Tilghman.

Awesome? I was at the game...if that is awesome, then the word has a completely different meaning then it used to. Awesome was what Highlands looked like, not PT. Congrats to them, but not awesome IMO.

Congrats to PT. They had a good run when it counted. It was an ugly win, but it doesn't matter. They have won the state championship.

Congrats to Somerset as well. You made the long trip to state. I know it is no concelation, but you were one of two teams from 3A that made it to the carpet and that is an accomplishment to be proud of. It is something to build on next year.

And now all the teams in 3A start a new for 2010. Back to work.

Class 3A may have been poor in relation to the other classes, and I wouldn't argue with that. But each class has its champion, and PT earned it the hard way. Congrats to the Blue Tornado!

The bottom line is this: a 3 seed won the title. In 6A last year, a 4 seed was state runner-up. Neither would have even been playing in those games if KY had done what some suggest - limiting the playoffs to the top two teams in each district.

Congrats to PT on hitting their stride at the right time and being rewarded for being the best team playing at the end of the year!

As a Paducah native I'm proud of PTHS. But some of their fans on other sites are really pounding their chests as world beaters, especially when it comes to LO's loss to Boyle. I think some of them truly believe they could have won at the 4A or 5A level.