3A Final: Paducah Tilghman 21 Somerset 0

Birdsfan

Nothing but respect for the Tornado but I feel badly for Coach Lucas at Somerset. Wish he could have gotten the win.

Same here. The tag of being "Best program to never win the state title" still is alive in Somerset. But Lucas will produce more in the future I believe.

Congrats to the Blue Tornado. My one trip to PT a few years ago let me meet some classy fans there and I congratulate them on this crown. :thumb:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tilghman finished third in the district.

No one wrote off Tilghman because of their talent. The utilization of it has been questioned.

Sorry, Westsider, I thought they had finished 4th. Maybe the 4-6 record threw me off. But only 4 regular season wins, perhaps, as someone stated, might be a new record, too. Another great BGP advantage, is that when you're wrong, you can always count on someone more knowledgable to set you straight. But I'd bet there aren't many 3rd place district teams which have won a state title, either.

I would like to Congradulate the Somerset Brair Jumpers and Coach Lucas on a great year!

Can someone tell me , I am not 100% sure on this, but I think Coach Lucas was on the 88 team that lost to PT in the semi's at Lincoln Co during the Wind bowl.

I would like to Congradulate the Somerset Brair Jumpers and Coach Lucas on a great year!

Can someone tell me , I am not 100% sure on this, but I think Coach Lucas was on the 88 team that lost to PT in the semi's at Lincoln Co during the Wind bowl.

That is true. He played offensive guard. He was also the head coach at Lincoln County in 2002 and 2003, before returning to Somerset as an Assistant Coach.

Had the Jumpers won, he would have been the third coach to win a title after leaving Lincoln County (Jaggers at Mercer County and French at Boyle County).

Congrats to Tilghman, they played a great game on defense today. Both teams had amazing seasons and made it farther than anyone expected either to make it.

Briar Jumpers you've got nothing to hang your head about. It was a great season and you guys played your hearts out. Tilghman was just the better team today. I know it hurts right now, I've got a kid that's inconsolable, but when the pain wears off you'll be able to look back and remember what all you accomplished this season. Seniors, we love you and we're going to miss you. Underclassmen, remember what it felt like to get there and remember what it felt like to come up short. Come out, work hard and bust your tails to get back there next year.

That is true. He played offensive guard. He was also the head coach at Lincoln County in 2002 and 2003, before returning to Somerset as an Assistant Coach.

Had the Jumpers won, he would have been the third coach to win a title after leaving Lincoln County (Jaggers at Mercer County and French at Boyle County).

Yeah I know basically Lincoln has ( I will say Lost ) 3 really great coaches in the past decade! Sad !

Thanks Mr Network I thought so, I know that if Robbie had got the Victory today would have meant alot more than what was at stake!