Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lebron In Attendance for UK/UNC?

Featured Replies

I don't get why it's a big deal for him to be there. :idunno:

 

Really?

  • Replies 49
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really?

 

Yeah, really. Who cares? People act go ga-ga over stupid celebrities, then wonder why they're treated with much ego and disdain from the celebrities they worship. Makes no sense to me.

Yeah, really. Who cares? People act go ga-ga over stupid celebrities, then wonder why they're treated with much ego and disdain from the celebrities they worship. Makes no sense to me.

 

As much as I'd like to agree with you about this not being a big deal...unfortunately it is.

 

I would think that it helps quite a bit in the recruitment game. If big names like Lebron James' are associated with UK basketball, it can't do anything but help recruit more five star basketball players.

The LBJ uniforms are coming for the NYC trip.

Coach Joe B was the "Y" today.

 

Glad they brought the "Y" back. I hope it don't become a big game thing.

  • Author

Shoe man, I like, respect, and wouldn't go against you without having reason, but I can't agree with you on this. I think your so hard against the establishment that it blinds you to things that carry true merit.

 

Like you, I try not to get caught up in the glamour/oooh's and ahhhh's of celebrities. I mean when it comes down to it, they are people just like us. It makes me sick sometimes to see how some people worship certain celebrities, and how some websites, tv channels, magazines, etc. are centered on watching, critiquing, worshiping their every move.

 

 

However, this is different. Not only is Lebron arguably the face of the NBA, one could say he is the face of basketball. In saying that, most NBA stars don't come to college games, most of the time their schedule don't allow. Its very seldom you see an NBA star at a collegiate game. Even the ones who went to a certain school. Lebron didn't even go to college, so for him to show up at Rupp Arena for the Kentucky game (more than likely repping UK) it would have been huge. They would have pointed it out on Sportscenter, college basketball shows everywhere, etc. etc. Recruits see this, other teams fans see this. It just becomes a big deal in a basketball sense, and makes Kentucky the "IT" school once again. If the King of the sport is in attendance at your game, then that would have meant something.

As much as I'd like to agree with you about this not being a big deal...unfortunately it is.

 

I would think that it helps quite a bit in the recruitment game. If big names like Lebron James' are associated with UK basketball, it can't do anything but help recruit more five star basketball players.

 

Keep worshiping the celebrities. All it does is bring you disappointment when they don't measure up to the pedestal you put them on. I would think the Tiger Woods saga would've made this more clear, but I guess not.

Shoe man, I like, respect, and wouldn't go against you without having reason, but I can't agree with you on this. I think your so hard against the establishment that it blinds you to things that carry true merit.

 

Like you, I try not to get caught up in the glamour/oooh's and ahhhh's of celebrities. I mean when it comes down to it, they are people just like us. It makes me sick sometimes to see how some people worship certain celebrities, and how some websites, tv channels, magazines, etc. are centered on watching, critiquing, worshiping their every move.

 

 

However, this is different. Not only is Lebron arguably the face of the NBA, one could say he is the face of basketball. In saying that, most NBA stars don't come to college games, most of the time their schedule don't allow. Its very seldom you see an NBA star at a collegiate game. Even the ones who went to a certain school. Lebron didn't even go to college, so for him to show up at Rupp Arena for the Kentucky game (more than likely repping UK) it would have been huge. They would have pointed it out on Sportscenter, college basketball shows everywhere, etc. etc. Recruits see this, other teams fans see this. It just becomes a big deal in a basketball sense, and makes Kentucky the "IT" school once again. If the King of the sport is in attendance at your game, then that would have meant something.

 

Kentucky shouldn't need LeBron James to help it recruit. If it does, that's pretty sad.

  • Author
Kentucky shouldn't need LeBron James to help it recruit. If it does, that's pretty sad.

 

It doesn't. Nobody said that it did either. Its just the point that it would give them an extra advantage on what great recruiting they already have. Not only an edge in recruiting, but an even more popular image. A lot was made of Lebron visiting this summer, not only in Kentucky, but around the whole sports world. If I'm not mistaken it was talked about on PTI, among other shows watched by college b ball people, recruits, etc.

 

If you are refusing these facts, then you are refusing kids, people alike idolized Michael Jordan. The same way they idolized Jordan, they idolize Lebron today. Imagine how many kids would have thought, wow, Lebron likes UK, hes there at the game cheering for them. He and Coach Cal are pals. I think I like UK now. Its just how it works when you have somebody like that in a situation like that. Unfortunately it didn't happen, but regardless if you think so or not, everyone else knows it would have been a HUGE deal.

It doesn't. Nobody said that it did either. Its just the point that it would give them an extra advantage on what great recruiting they already have. Not only an edge in recruiting, but an even more popular image. A lot was made of Lebron visiting this summer, not only in Kentucky, but around the whole sports world. If I'm not mistaken it was talked about on PTI, among other shows watched by college b ball people, recruits, etc.

 

If you are refusing these facts, then you are refusing kids, people alike idolized Michael Jordan. The same way they idolized Jordan, they idolize Lebron today. Imagine how many kids would have thought, wow, Lebron likes UK, hes there at the game cheering for them. He and Coach Cal are pals. I think I like UK now. Its just how it works when you have somebody like that in a situation like that. Unfortunately it didn't happen, but regardless if you think so or not, everyone else knows it would have been a HUGE deal.

 

Way to contradict yourself. First you say it doesn't need the help. Then you say it does. Make up your mind, and get the stars out of your eyes.

Kentucky shouldn't need LeBron James to help it recruit. If it does, that's pretty sad.

 

Who's your favorite living musician Jim ? Someone that musically you look up to and would love to meet or somehow be associated with ?

  • Author
Way to contradict yourself. First you say it doesn't need the help. Then you say it does. Make up your mind, and get the stars out of your eyes.

 

I'm not contradicting anything. Quit trying to turn everything around just to justify yourself when everyone else is against you. You said Kentucky shouldn't have to have Lebron to help it recruit. I said they don't have to have him to recruit, because obviously if you look at last years class they don't. But although they don't NEED him doesn't mean that it wouldn't HELP a lot. Because obviously every high school basketball player in the country would take notice.

 

So I was just saying Kentucky doesn't need him to get recruits, but it would help and that would be big time being right now Cal is a top 5 recruiter. So try and turn what I say and mean into something that makes you look cool. I don't have any stars in my eyes, I am just stating what is the truth and so is everyone else. You just need to stop trying to be like Eddie Vedder and quit opposing everything if it has something to do with someone who has any kind of status in society. I can't help how the media portrays some of these types. But it sure doesn't make me star struck because I state the truth in saying it would be a big deal if Lebron came to a Kentucky game to support Kentucky.

Who's your favorite living musician Jim ? Someone that musically you look up to and would love to meet or somehow be associated with ?

 

I know where you're going with this, but it ain't working. I've had opportunities to meet plenty of my favorite musicians. Usually we just talk about music or other everyday stuff, or I just have a drink with them as though they were one of my friends. Talk to them like they're normal people and, surprise, you find out they usually are.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.