Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Freedom Hall is...GROSS

Featured Replies

This is just another reason that I don't like Freedom Hall or U of L.

 

Let's not go patting ourselves on the back too hard here. The bowels of Rupp are pretty nasty too, and I've seen rats there. Not in any deep-fryers, mind you, but I've not had any reason to look in those deep-fryers either.

 

Freedom Hall is 50+ years old. This is just further example of why it needed replacing.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is just another reason that I don't like Freedom Hall or U of L.

 

I always understood that UofL has little to nothing to do with the conditions inside Freedom Hall. That is under the purview of the Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center. For many other reasons and now this one, I couldn't be happier to be rid of them once the new arena opens next year.

 

By the way... I'll be having a pork chop sandwich at the game on Wednesday.

I always understood that UofL has little to nothing to do with the conditions inside Freedom Hall. That is under the purview of the Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center. For many other reasons and now this one, I couldn't be happier to be rid of them once the new arena opens next year.

 

By the way... I'll be having a pork chop sandwich at the game on Wednesday.

 

 

Maybe it was a rat-chop sandwich. That would be one way in cutting back during the economic recession.

Let's not go patting ourselves on the back too hard here. The bowels of Rupp are pretty nasty too, and I've seen rats there. Not in any deep-fryers, mind you, but I've not had any reason to look in those deep-fryers either.

 

Freedom Hall is 50+ years old. This is just further example of why it needed replacing.

 

Surely an old building can stay relatively clean.

 

I'm not naive enough to think that this only happens in Freedom Hall, but the age of the building doesn't have a whole lot to do with it. I'm excited about Louisville's new arena.

So did the inspectors not do anything? I feel like I'm missing something here.

Surely an old building can stay relatively clean.

 

I'm not naive enough to think that this only happens in Freedom Hall, but the age of the building doesn't have a whole lot to do with it. I'm excited about Louisville's new arena.

 

Sure an old building can stay clean if it's actually getting cleaned. But in cavernous places such as Rupp and FH, you can be sure there's places the custodians never see, or if they do, it's rarely.

This is just another reason that I don't like Freedom Hall or U of L.

 

Maybe you should get informed and learn that UofL's only affiliation with Freedom Hall is that they rent it from the KFEC... :rolleyes:

Sure an old building can stay clean if it's actually getting cleaned. But in cavernous places such as Rupp and FH, you can be sure there's places the custodians never see, or if they do, it's rarely.

Couldn't the same be said for a new building too? The new arena will also have "cavernous places."

It doesn't matter how new it is, if there's areas that aren't cleaned for long periods of time nastiness and rodents are soon to follow.

This is just another reason that I don't like Freedom Hall or U of L.
I don't like U of L...but I've always found Freedom Hall to be a GREAT place to watch a game. Worlds better than Rupp.
Maybe you should get informed and learn that UofL's only affiliation with Freedom Hall is that they rent it from the KFEC... :rolleyes:

 

O, I don't care and know this already. Don't like Freedom Hall because U of L rents it to play in it. I understand it isn't U of L's responcibility to ensure the cleanliness but I wouldn't bet that U of L is unaware of the conditions of the buildings. The new building should take care of most of this for U of L. I have been on the pretty campus of U of L and had bad experiences, so the dislike goes deeper than sports.

What are you all complaining about, we have all ate chinese food one time or another :D

I saw a live rat in the Athletic Director's private suite at the Appalachian St. game - it was pondering whom to hire as its next football coach.

I don't like U of L...but I've always found Freedom Hall to be a GREAT place to watch a game. Worlds better than Rupp.
I have always said that Freedom Hall is possibly the best indoor concert venue in the country. Upper arena at FH is like lower arena at Rupp. Not a bad seat in the house.
I have always said that Freedom Hall is possibly the best indoor concert venue in the country. Upper arena at FH is like lower arena at Rupp. Not a bad seat in the house.

 

The sound is always better than Rupp. :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.