Restaurant Listings - Championship Weekend (4-5 DEC)

If you're a Bowling Green local, or just someone that's been there more than once, toss a couple of suggestions in this thread to help out those that are traveling some distances and need a polite shove in the right direction to find that great eatery.

My Bowling Green favorite is Mariah's 1818. Great food, cool place. Tim's favorite was the Chicken & Buttons.

http://www.mariahs.com/

Later.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you're looking for dining options within walking distance of the stadium this is some info I passed along to gchs_uk9 a few weeks back:

There's a lot of dining options on campus. Across from the stadium is Downing University Center where there are several options. I haven't been in there in a few years, but they used to have a McDonalds, Chick-Fil-A, Pizza Hut, and a restaurant called the Red Zone. There's a Subway in the basement. There's a Chinese food restaurant within walking distance, as well as another little eatery called Lil' Redz. You could probably walk to a few other fast food restaurants relatively quickly as well that are also within sight of the stadium.

Unfortunately, not a whole lot in the way of what I guess would be "fine dining." Mariah's is certainly the best option in a relative close way, as downtown is not far from the stadium. 440 Main is also a fine choice in the downtown area. Most of the main restaurants are on Scottsville Road, like Montana Grill, Rafferty's, Longhorn Steakhouse, Outback Steakhouse, Red Lobster, O'Charley's, as well as some sports bars like Double Dogs and Buffalo Wild Wings. Cheddars and Buckhead Cafe (a spinoff of Mariah's) are some nice options at the intersection of 31-W and Campbell Lane, about 1 mile from the stadium.

How about BBQ?

If its BBQ you want you cant leave BG without trying Smokey Pig on 31-W.Montana Grill is the place my group is gathering on thursday night..I lived in BG for 21 yrs and that is the place i am taking all the boosters...But BG has got a lot of options....If you want sushi or Japanese Shogun is my Favorite...

Campus is always an option. They have several fast food places right across the street from Smith stadium inside of Downing University Center. Away from campus, but closer than the mall area, is Cheddar's (as someone mentioned above). Great food, excellent service. My new favorite in BG.

http://www.cheddars.com/CHD/06/menu.html

Monte Cristo is a heart attack waiting to happen, but it is very good.

Guest bgrocks
Does the stadium at WKU have club type seats like the ones at Papa John's? I mean like the ones with the Brown/Williamson indoor area?

Here is a link to a picture of the stadium. Yes there are indoor club level seats(see upper level on left side of photo).Not sure if they're selling those or not.

http://www.wkusports.com/pics24/800/DY/DYIJNHZAOEEJRZH.20081006144738.jpg?DB_OEM_ID=5400