• Eukanuba
    • Bil-Jac
    • Nutro Max
    • Other (specify)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We use Nutro Natural Choice, and we really like it. Our dog is healthy, and he has a nice shiney coat. I've used Purina Dog Chow in the past, along with Eukanuba and Iams. With Purina Dog Chow, my dog's coat was blotchy and wasn't very shiney. Also, weight regulation seemed to be an issue.

Ten years ago we got a "free dog". After a brief diet of grocery store dog food and table scraps, she developed a severe food allergy. She literally chewed sores on herself from the itching. After hundreds of dollars in vet bills, we found out about the allergy.

Now we have to buy special allergy food....at the tune of $40.00 per bag. It is Dick Van Pattens brand. She tolerates it very well, but the "free dog" has cost me a lot of money for food! Poor thing, she still begs for table scraps, which are a no no too.

Our male boxer started out on Eukanuba when he was little puppy (before he came to live with us). We tried changing brands and it just didn't work. We now have 2 boxers eating the same brand. We do have a pet store who will give a free bag of dog food after you purchase 12 bags.(After I spend $$$ all year, I hope I would get a free bag a couple times a year).

My Boxer (Cassie) is going on 14 years. She has maintained a near perfect weight and loads of energy, and is still going strong. 14 is VERY OLD for a Boxer. Other than a treat every now and then, Purina Puppy Chow (dry) is the only thing ever poured in her bowl. She has yet to complain.

Why Puppy Chow? We have a boxer who is 2. He eats Purina but the adult chunks. He swallows it whole.

Why Puppy Chow? We have a boxer who is 2. He eats Purina but the adult chunks. He swallows it whole.

She just seemed to like it and always kept a good weight. Didn't see the need to change. I personally don't buy into all the dog food hype. She's going on 14, still looks good and has loads of energy.