Cincinnati 24 West Virginia 21

swamprat

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that based on what was shown on TV there wasn't enough to overturn the call. However, the one angle that you would really want to see would be the angle directly down the goal line and that wasn't shown on TV. The angle they showed wasn't quite directly down the line. I am surprised at the number of times that angle is needed and isn't available on TV. You would think that for a nationally televised game they would permanently place a goal line camera at each end. Maybe even two at each end to cover both sides of the field.

I agree that based on what was shown on TV there wasn't enough to overturn the call. However, the one angle that you would really want to see would be the angle directly down the goal line and that wasn't shown on TV. The angle they showed wasn't quite directly down the line. I am surprised at the number of times that angle is needed and isn't available on TV. You would think that for a nationally televised game they would permanently place a goal line camera at each end. Maybe even two at each end to cover both sides of the field.

The television viewers didn't get the benefit of, or at least they didn't show the replay this way, of super slow motion. The folks that look at the replay can get every angle and had a perfect side shot that they could slow way down to see if the ball touched the line. (I watched the game and they showed the side view two or three times, but never slowed it right down):idunno:

I thought it was a touchdown. However, I thought it was close enough to not reverse the call on the field. I thought it to be one of those deals where that was close enough to stick with the call on the field.

UC is doing a lot for themselves in terms of perception these past two weeks. Teams are having their way on their defense. If they don't figure out a way to slow down the run, they are going to have their hands full with Pitt.

I think it was a TD, but if they would have let the call on the field stand I would have been fine w/ that. It was that close. There are so many close calls in so many big games that anyone who isn't for replay leaves me scratching my head.

I told people I was w/ they were going to call it a TD. I thought UC was due a "questionable" call since all the other top teams have had them.

Agreed. The view from the field goal post showed the ball moving, but you can't tell if it is after he crossed the goal line or not. Too close to change, JMO.

From the still it appears he has two hands on the ball when it crossed the line, but like I said it was very very close...