Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fire Jerry Tipton Petition

Jerry Tipton??? 66 members have voted

  1. 1. Jerry Tipton???

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
I think history has shown over the years what one small lie will lead to. :sssh::D

 

Exactly, remember Watergate?

  • Replies 66
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not an excuse. I'm asking questions. Is it just one detail about a vehicle (that was later clarified) the issue?

 

Again it's what he started the article with and it was completly false. I just don't understand you're taking up for him on this one. It must be a blast when you and wireman get together.

Firing him would be censorship. What he says hurts no one. He may make us UK fans mad, but it is his right to do so as long as he isn't saying anything slanderous or too over the top.

Firing him would be censorship. What he says hurts no one. He may make us UK fans mad, but it is his right to do so as long as he isn't saying anything slanderous or too over the top.

 

:confused: He wouldn't be fired because someone disagreed with him. He would be fired because he LIED.

Not an excuse. I'm asking questions. Is it just one detail about a vehicle (that was later clarified) the issue?

 

No, a detail would be saying the truck was black, but it was really navy. He's making up events that never even happened.

We knew you would come up with an excuse for him. It was what he opened the story with and closed with so it was his main point whether you think so or not. Just glad Mrs. Patterson set the man straight on the subject.:rolleyes:

 

:thumb: Yep.

We knew you would come up with an excuse for him. It was what he opened the story with and closed with so it was his main point whether you think so or not. Just glad Mrs. Patterson set the man straight on the subject.:rolleyes:

 

And this one was obviously intentional. There is no way you can write th is off as a mistake. Listen, I usally have no problem with Tipton, but he screwed up on this one.

 

Seriously, Tipton saw Patterson drive away in a vehicle that was in Huntington, WV.

 

Let's give him the little mistake thing. Here is my other issue, the last line of the article.

 

"The two prospects sat in the front row behind the White team bench. From that vantage point, they could hear fans chant their names."

 

Isn't about time to let this "chanting of names" take a rest. Obviously after what happened at WVU it isn't a big deal.

 

One detail, he said he drove the truck to the game and left in it after. Quite a big made up story sounds like to me. He didn't see him do it if it was in Huntington did he?:idunno:

 

No, a detail would be saying the truck was black, but it was really navy. He's making up events that never even happened.

 

 

Question: If a 21-year-old kid tells you he got a new car, wouldn't you naturally assume he'd be driving it home that night? I think any reasonable person would.

 

Because from the way the direct quote of Patterson reads, that's what it sounds like Tipton did. He made a mistake, and clarified it after Ms. Patterson filled in the details for him.

Question: If a 21-year-old kid tells you he got a new car, wouldn't you naturally assume he'd be driving it home that night? I think any reasonable person would.

 

Because from the way the direct quote of Patterson reads, that's what it sounds like Tipton did. He made a mistake, and clarified it after Ms. Patterson filled in the details for him.

You know what happens when you assume. You should know as a journalist not to assume anything. She filled in the details alright and probably some that he didn't let everyone know about.:lol:

Question: If a 21-year-old kid tells you he got a new car, wouldn't you naturally assume he'd be driving it home that night? I think any reasonable person would.

 

Because from the way the direct quote of Patterson reads, that's what it sounds like Tipton did. He made a mistake, and clarified it after Ms. Patterson filled in the details for him.

 

It's one thing to assume it. It's another thing to write in the Lexington Herald-Leader that Patterson drove it to and from the game. You just can't do that...There's no way to argue, IMO.

 

(btw, you know I love you Jim - just a difference in opinions on this one :thumb:)

I've had enough of him.

Fire him.

It's one thing to assume it. It's another thing to write in the Lexington Herald-Leader that Patterson drove it to and from the game. You just can't do that...There's no way to argue, IMO.

 

(btw, you know I love you Jim - just a difference in opinions on this one :thumb:)

 

You know I don't let my feelings get hurt on this stuff. :thumb:

 

I agree that he probably shouldn't have run on his assumption, but at the same token, it's a mistake anyone could make. Tipton just made it in as public a manner as possible.

You know I don't let my feelings get hurt on this stuff. :thumb:

 

I agree that he probably shouldn't have run on his assumption, but at the same token, it's a mistake anyone could make. Tipton just made it in as public a manner as possible.

 

BTW, as down on Tipton as I have been - I voted that he not be fired. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. My wish would be that he lightens up a little and becomes a better journalist as a result of this mistake.

I didn't vote either way. There needed to be one more option: Suspension w/o pay for a week or so. I would have voted for that.

 

I would not want him to lose his job over poor judgement. Hopefully he'll learn from it and maybe lighten up a little with his UK articles. I honestly believe he has an anti-UK agenda for whatever reason, and it's gotten worse sense Cal basicly has called him out in interviews a couple of times.

  • Author

If Larry Vaught made this "mistake" then the fan base would give him a free pass. Tipton brought this on himself, he has baited the fan base over and over again. Not sure what reaction he or anyone else was expecting.

Add Billy Packer to the list

 

Now that made me laugh. I wished I came up with the idea.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.