Trinity 9 Bowling Green 0

PurpleHaze

Also, Highlands has never been beaten in a championship game by a team that didn't have a perfect record (Henderson City, 1959; Caldwell Co, 1963; Hopkinsville, 1966; BGHS, 1995; and Boyle Co, 2003).
PH - What a cool statistic! You are the master when it comes to obscure football history!

hail.gif

We do have a better passing attack than what we showed tonight. Trinity's DBs did a super job of covering our receivers all night. I'm not going to single out anybody, but according to our announcers on the radio, two sure TD passes were simply dropped. I'm sure that will be addressed in practice this week! But you're right...it has been a very competitive series thus far. The guys have sure acquitted themselves quite well in this series, as well as the two classic games we had with St Xavier. They can't help but make the Purples a better team and one better prepared for the 5A playoffs!:thumb::D

As far as passing goes I don't know what game the radio guys were watching. B.G. didn't get close to the end zone with a run or pass all night. The only time they crossed the 50 in the second half was on the last play when time ran out.

I don't recall 2 passes but there was one thrown to #5 probably around T's 25 yard line, reached out but slipped through his fingers. Should have been caught.

Trinity D stopped the run and looked real good doing it with gang tackling and hard hitting. The offense found a running back and the QBs gained some confidence. Coach Beatty is so good at finding the right people and putting them in the right spots. It's better to play Trinity early than it is late in the year. Next week ought to be a great game and I would not bet against the Rocks.