Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pro QB's

Featured Replies

My son and I was watching Joe Buck Live this week and his guests were John Elway, Joe Namath, and Dan Marino. They discussed the best QB's ever and this caused a discussion between my son and I about the top 10 pro QB's in our opinion. This is my list. Lets hear yours!!

1. Joe Montana

2.John Elway

3.Roger Staubach

4.Terry Bradshaw

5.Johnny Unitas

6.Fran Tarkenton

7.Steve Young

8.Dan Marino

9.Peyton Manning

10.Bret Favre

  • Replies 59
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some others that should be considered...

 

Bart Starr

Otto Graham

Tom Brady

Sammy Baugh

  • Author
Some others that should be considered...

 

Bart Starr

Otto Graham

Tom Brady

Sammy Baugh

 

Those are some good ones. I also didnt mention Kenny Stabler or Len Dawson.

Marino looks much younger than Elway, he's aged well. All I can think of when I see Namath is him asking Suzie if he could give her a kiss.

Marino is the best ever...IMO.

First QB to throw for 4000 yards in a season and this was a 14 game season?

First QB to throw for 4000 yards in a season and this was a 14 game season?

 

Yeah, Namath has to be mentioned in this thread also. What years did he play for Bama???

My thing with Favre is that, yes he's broke a ton of records, but he's also taken a lot longer to break them. Better QB's made those records with shorter seasons and not playing as long. I agree with him being around 9 or 10 but I'd question putting him any higher.

Yeah, Namath has to be mentioned in this thread also. What years did he play for Bama???

 

1961-64

My son and I was watching Joe Buck Live this week and his guests were John Elway, Joe Namath, and Dan Marino. They discussed the best QB's ever and this caused a discussion between my son and I about the top 10 pro QB's in our opinion. This is my list. Lets hear yours!!

1. Joe Montana

2.John Elway

3.Roger Staubach

4.Terry Bradshaw

5.Johnny Unitas

6.Fran Tarkenton

7.Steve Young

8.Dan Marino

9.Peyton Manning

10.Bret Favre

 

 

 

I don't think Bradshaw is a #4 if a top 10. I would rather have Brady over Manning. Favre is a great QB but he is to dangerous for me. I don't know enough about some of them to judge since they were before my time. Just from what I have seen , Marino is the greatest QB without a Super bowl.

  • Author
I don't think Bradshaw is a #4 if a top 10. I would rather have Brady over Manning. Favre is a great QB but he is to dangerous for me. I don't know enough about some of them to judge since they were before my time. Just from what I have seen , Marino is the greatest QB without a Super bowl.

 

My reasoning on putting Bradshaw that high was that he simply won games and Super Bowls. Granted he was throwing to some of the best ever in Swan, Stallworth, Franco, Bennie Cunningham, etc. but he sailed the ship and they were winners!

  • Author
First QB to throw for 4000 yards in a season and this was a 14 game season?

 

Namath wasnt an oversight on my list and I knew a lot of people would disagree. I just didnt think he was a top 10 QB all time. However I know that you can make a very solid argument for him. Just my humble opinion!!

There's no way I would have a top ten list with Peyton Manning in it, and without Tom Brady.

There's no way I would have a top ten list with Peyton Manning in it, and without Tom Brady.

 

I think they both should be in the top 10.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.