Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pro QB's

Featured Replies

There's no way I would have a top ten list with Peyton Manning in it, and without Tom Brady.
For sure!
  • Replies 59
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The beginning of my list would look something like this!

 

1. Carson Palmer - The greatest to ever play (eventually we hope!)

2. Greg Cook - The greatest to ever play and be done too quickly

3. Boomer Esiason - The master of the play action pass

4. Kenny Anderson - Mr. Consistency

5. Jon Kitna - Jesus was on his side!

6. Jeff Blake - Just a nice guy.

 

:dancingpa

There's no way I would have a top ten list with Peyton Manning in it, and without Tom Brady.

 

I agree with that statement 100%.

The beginning of my list would look something like this!

 

1. Carson Palmer - The greatest to ever play (eventually we hope!)

2. Greg Cook - The greatest to ever play and be done too quickly

3. Boomer Esiason - The master of the play action pass

4. Kenny Anderson - Mr. Consistency

5. Jon Kitna - Jesus was on his side!

6. Jeff Blake - Just a nice guy.

 

:dancingpa

 

I respect your list, but of those, here's my ranking of Bengal QB's:

 

1. Kenny Anderson - should be in the HOF

2. Boomer - got us to Super Bowl, best ever at play action

3. CP - if stays healthy, could take us to the promise land

4. Shake and Blake - Threw the deep ball as good as anyone

5. Virgil Carter - I loved to watch him hook up with Issac Curtis

6. Greg Cook - Could have been great, but injury got him

7. Jon Kitna - 1 good season

The beginning of my list would look something like this!

 

1. Carson Palmer - The greatest to ever play (eventually we hope!)

2. Greg Cook - The greatest to ever play and be done too quickly

3. Boomer Esiason - The master of the play action pass

4. Kenny Anderson - Mr. Consistency

5. Jon Kitna - Jesus was on his side!

6. Jeff Blake - Just a nice guy.

 

:dancingpa

 

I respect your list, but of those, here's my ranking of Bengal QB's:

 

1. Kenny Anderson - should be in the HOF

2. Boomer - got us to Super Bowl, best ever at play action

3. CP - if stays healthy, could take us to the promise land

4. Shake and Blake - Threw the deep ball as good as anyone

5. Virgil Carter - I loved to watch him hook up with Issac Curtis

6. Greg Cook - Could have been great, but injury got him

7. Jon Kitna - 1 good season

 

If you're going to go that route, you've gotta finish the list and find homes for Klingler, Akili, etc. :D

Troy Aikman?

 

Seriously, I know. Peyton Manning on that list and not Troy Aikman. I'll never understand the big love affair with Peyton Manning. I guess it's those swell commericials he does.

  • Author
Troy Aikman?

 

Man, you are SO right! I cant believe I left Aikman off the list!!:ohbrother:

Seriously, I know. Peyton Manning on that list and not Troy Aikman. I'll never understand the big love affair with Peyton Manning. I guess it's those swell commericials he does.

 

Probably because he just wins. He doesn't do anything spectacular, but there is something to be said about just winning. Carson Palmer might throw a better deep ball than him for example, but who would you start if you had both in the super bowl?

 

Also, he might be the smartest football player ever. Note i said football player, not just QB.

My son and I was watching Joe Buck Live this week and his guests were John Elway, Joe Namath, and Dan Marino. They discussed the best QB's ever and this caused a discussion between my son and I about the top 10 pro QB's in our opinion. This is my list. Lets hear yours!!

1. Joe Montana

2.John Elway

3.Roger Staubach

4.Terry Bradshaw

5.Johnny Unitas

6.Fran Tarkenton

7.Steve Young

8.Dan Marino

9.Peyton Manning

10.Bret Favre

 

My reasoning on putting Bradshaw that high was that he simply won games and Super Bowls. Granted he was throwing to some of the best ever in Swan, Stallworth, Franco, Bennie Cunningham, etc. but he sailed the ship and they were winners!

 

If that is why you have Bradshaw there. Then how you could you not have Tom Brady in it? I mean all he does is win games and super bowls. Plus he also has the single season TD record for QB's. So how can you not have him in there?

If you're going to go that route, you've gotta finish the list and find homes for Klingler, Akili, etc. :D

 

As funny as I was trying to be, I just couldn't put Alicky or Slingler on a Top 10 list. Couldn't do it! By the way, Who Dey!!!!!!!:ylsuper:

Outlaw and others. Joe had bad knees at Bama. And think of the 60s the QBs were tore up by the Dl/LBs. No way is the same. I remember some of the hits he took and talk about Helment to the face shots and Ben Davidson and others were just down right dirty. Maybe he isn't a top ten all time QB, but I have son named after him.

 

I know the Kiss me Susie thing on live TV was a sad display and I was watching it with the son. You have to know Joe, he really wanted some sugar.

Probably because he just wins. He doesn't do anything spectacular, but there is something to be said about just winning. Carson Palmer might throw a better deep ball than him for example, but who would you start if you had both in the super bowl?

 

Also, he might be the smartest football player ever. Note i said football player, not just QB.

 

Way to go there putting him up against the likes of the greatest icon in football Carson I just got injured again Palmer. He's not even the smartest football player of his generation, see Tom Brady.

Outlaw and others. Joe had bad knees at Bama. And think of the 60s the QBs were tore up by the Dl/LBs. No way is the same. I remember some of the hits he took and talk about Helment to the face shots and Ben Davidson and others were just down right dirty. Maybe he isn't a top ten all time QB, but I have son named after him.

 

I know the Kiss me Susie thing on live TV was a sad display and I was watching it with the son. You have to know Joe, he really wanted some sugar.

 

What bothered me about the whole Joe Namath drunken live TV incident is that he wanted the kiss from Suzy Kobler, which goes to show that sad effects of alcohol abuse. Why couldn't it have been say, Erin Andrews or even Bonnie Bernstein.

Way to go there putting him up against the likes of the greatest icon in football Carson I just got injured again Palmer. He's not even the smartest football player of his generation, see Tom Brady.

 

Ok. Take out Carson and slide in the name Drew Brees. Who throws a better deep ball as well. I'll still take Peyton in the heat of the moment.

 

Also, he IS the smartest football player. Talk to anyone who knows a lick about football. NOONE can make the changes at the line like that man. You're just the typical Peyton hater. Haters will hate.

  • Author
If that is why you have Bradshaw there. Then how you could you not have Tom Brady in it? I mean all he does is win games and super bowls. Plus he also has the single season TD record for QB's. So how can you not have him in there?

 

I know! I know! Brady has the big numbers and the wins but there has always just been something about him...I dont know. I made my list dependent on who I would want as QB on my team and Brady just wasnt one of my top 10. I couldnt disagree however, with anyone who had him on their list. Its an opinion thing and I just dont like him for a top 10 all time!:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.