Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LaSalle, OH 44 Covington Catholic 35

Featured Replies

CovCath Radio,

 

I listened to your broadcast today. You guys did a great job, as usual. I need to find a way to listen to you while I am at the game.

 

Thank you for time you put into this. I for one appreciate it.

  • Replies 71
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CovCath Radio,

 

I listened to your broadcast today. You guys did a great job, as usual. I need to find a way to listen to you while I am at the game.

 

Thank you for time you put into this. I for one appreciate it.

 

I know Mark, Jason and Greg will appreciate your comment!

 

To my knowledge besides CovCath, Bishop Brossart is the only other team in NKy that brings you the action live (when possible) for each and ever football game, basketball game, some soccer games, some baseball games and other events about CovCath and or Bishop Brossart.

 

It still puzzles me that other haven't jumped on the bandwagon, but.....

I know Mark, Jason and Greg will appreciate your comment!

 

To my knowledge besides CovCath, Bishop Brossart is the only other team in NKy that brings you the action live (when possible) for each and ever football game, basketball game, some soccer games, some baseball games and other events about CovCath and or Bishop Brossart.

 

It still puzzles me that other haven't jumped on the bandwagon, but.....

 

I wish Highlands would do this. The CovCath broadcasts are great:thumb:

CovCath Radio,

 

I listened to your broadcast today. You guys did a great job, as usual. I need to find a way to listen to you while I am at the game.

 

Thank you for time you put into this. I for one appreciate it.

Scout, you're going to have to come up to the top of the press box or bring a computer and listen on a 30 second delay. Thanks for your comments. They are much appreciated. Greg and Jason do an outstanding job of disecting the plays.

Two plays determined the outcome of this game, the bad snap on the punt that went for a safety and the fumbled kick return that caused Cov Cath to start on their own 1 yard line. Those two plays gave LaSalle great field position on 2 possessions and resulted in a 16 point swing.

 

The big difference I am seeing in Cov Cath is they are doing a much better job of overcoming these mistakes and continuing to fight. LaSalle is a good team. They may not do very well in their league this year, but I don't think there is a single team in N Ky that would do real well if their district consisted of Elder, Moeller and Cinti St X. Cov Cath is still in the learning phase with all the changes that were implemented this year. They only have 5-6 returning starters from last year, and a few of them have switched positions. Now I have always felt that if you need to lose to learn something you were pretty dim to begin with, and I don't think Cov Cath is learning from the loses but is learning from the effort. They are learning that once they cut down on the unforced errors, they will give teams fits.

Easy formula. Too many mistakes equals losses. Everyone can learn from mistakes.

Highlands lost to X last year. I wasn't encouraged by that. And I am sure the Birds will accept nothing but a W this season as positive.

 

Think a little broader Bluebird fans...the encouragement is not coming from the "loss", the encouragement is coming from the improved effort and performance exhibited in the game. What idiot wouldn't like to see improvement in their team from one week to the next? Cov Cath has obviously shown improvement in each game, and Cov Cath fans are happy with it. Anyone familiar with the principle of sports being there for people to "have fun and do your best"?

 

Cov Cath has just scrapped their previous coaching staff and started over with a relatively green group of football players, their squad isn't particularly overflowing with any major natural talent (excepting a couple of linemen), and they have had to start their season off against one of the best teams Ryle has ever fielded, one of the better Lex Cath teams that I've ever seen, and a solid La Salle team.

 

So sorry. Excuse the learning curve. Take your petty jabs where you need to, Bluebirds. Yeah, Highlands isn't going to accept anything but a W this season. I would figure they should win most all of their games with as established a program as they have, and as stacked as their talent pool is...

 

Give me a break.

Who ya got that's physically stronger? The only team I've seen that's close is SK.

 

Birdsfan, we are are still awaiting your analysis of the strength of a team that you most likely couldn't pick out of a lineup and then to compare the unseen team to those in NKY.

Not an insult at all; just an observation based on truth. Some teams have a different mindset than others. When someone says to me, "...it amazes me some times that fans are discouraged by a win," it suggests to me that maybe they don't understand that mindset.

 

And some people root against Highlands, it seems, because they wish they were Highlands. :rolleyes:

 

ruly..the reason people root against Highlands has nothing to do with wanting to be them. It's just kind of sad that you honestly believe that...=/

1) You can be encouraged by a loss, and that's okay.

 

2) You can be discouraged by a win, and that's okay.

 

All teams have different expectations. One team has a goal of being national champs and the other of getting better and rebuilding a program. Not sure why everyone gets offended about it.

 

One thing that's glaring is that CCH was in much worse shape than most realize, I think. "Getting better" hasn't been the goal at CCH since when, late 70's - early 80's?

1) You can be encouraged by a loss, and that's okay.

 

2) You can be discouraged by a win, and that's okay.

 

All teams have different expectations. One team has a goal of being national champs and the other of getting better and rebuilding a program. Not sure why everyone gets offended about it.

 

One thing that's glaring is that CCH was in much worse shape than most realize, I think. "Getting better" hasn't been the goal at CCH since when, late 70's - early 80's?

CCH - one coach, 30 years.............then 4 couches 6 years. Squeezed in there was a the 6th state title. Not your typical scenario.

In addition to the live broadcast, the internet replay can be enjoyed as though it were live. I opted to see the Cats at PBS rather than the Colonels in Park Hills on Saturday afternoon. I put myself in the information bubble and dialed up the internet broadcast later in the evening. It's better than TIVO since there are not any commercials to advance through. A very good broadcast! I enjoyed the announcers losing it on the fumble that wasn't a fumble that turned into a touchdown and the incomplete pass that the LaSalle WR lobbied into a pass interference call. Very nice work.

Highlands is much stronger and faster then SK having seen both teams play

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.