Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LaSalle, OH 44 Covington Catholic 35

Featured Replies

Cincy St.X is very good and LaSalle isn't..I guess it would come down to how they lost...The team from Ft.Thomas isn't looking to lose though..:ylsuper:

Not getting into the who is better and all that. My point is this, you can be encouraged by a loss depending on the circumstances. Heck, it amazes me some times that fans are discouraged by a win. :rolleyes:

  • Replies 71
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oscar i would love to see you put equipment on and go against #99. I would bet my house that he would bury you every play. Please don't pass judgement on any players.

 

football dog 12, let me be the first to welcome you to BGP's. If you attend a game, please post your thoughts about it, as without the BGP's members posting about the games they attend, there would be nothing to read and thus there wouldn't be a BGP's....

 

Don't worry about Oscar, as any two year old knows, his last name is Grouch, and he tries very hard to live up to that last name of his! :D

  • Author
Heck, it amazes me some times that fans are discouraged by a win. :rolleyes:
Guess it's just a different standard.
Guess it's just a different standard.

 

And people wonder why folks root against Highlands.

 

To answer your insult, right not it is.

And stronger? I strongly suspect we'll find out otherwise.

 

Who ya got that's physically stronger? The only team I've seen that's close is SK.

Purely hypothetically speaking, and staying on the topic of being encouraged by a loss, let's say a NKY team loses a squeaker to Cincinnati St. X. Should those fans be encouraged, or discouraged? Hypothetically.

 

Highlands lost to X last year. I wasn't encouraged by that. And I am sure the Birds will accept nothing but a W this season as positive.

Oscar i would love to see you put equipment on and go against #99. I would bet my house that he would bury you every play. Please don't pass judgement on any players.

 

I'm well aware I'd get buried. I'm 5'6 and 160 pounds. :)

 

And don't listen to TheOldGuy. Welcome to BGP, but you'll learn soon enough, some fans are just a taaaaadddddd touchy.

Highlands lost to X last year. I wasn't encouraged by that. And I am sure the Birds will accept nothing but a W this season as positive.

They actually lost to Colerain last year and gave up 477 yards rushing. I can kind of see some discourgement at the time, but it was their only loss. I'm talking about this year's St. X team that appears to be a D1 state contender, but I would give Elder the nod at this point. A Highlands loss in a close game like I said would be encouraging to me. But, I coming from a different standard.

They actually lost to Colerain last year and gave up 477 yards rushing. I can kind of see some discourgement at the time, but it was their only loss. I'm talking about this year's St. X team that appears to be a D1 state contender, but I would give Elder the nod at this point. A Highlands loss in a close game like I said would be encouraging to me. But, I coming from a different standard.

 

Right about Colerain. :thumb: here's to an encouraging season:thumb:

Right about Colerain. here's to an encouraging season

Amen Brother. :thumb:

I'm watching Hoosiers now and let me quote that great coach Norman Dale. .."don't get caught up in thinking about winning or losing. If you put your effort and concentration into playing to your potential, to be the best that you can be, I don't care what the scoreboard says at the end of the game, in my book we're gonna be winners." CovCath scored 9 points less than LaSalle. They scored more points with me in the effort. They left it all on the field. As a fan that is all I ask. Some things the players cannot control. Each player can only control his effort and preparedness. Every Colonel I saw yesterday on that field got an A+. As for the coaches, keep doing what you're doing. The boys are learning how to be football players, but more importantly, how to be men. As a fan that is all I ask.

  • Author
And people wonder why folks root against Highlands.

 

To answer your insult, right not it is.

Not an insult at all; just an observation based on truth. Some teams have a different mindset than others. When someone says to me, "...it amazes me some times that fans are discouraged by a win," it suggests to me that maybe they don't understand that mindset.

 

And some people root against Highlands, it seems, because they wish they were Highlands. :rolleyes:

Edited by Birdsfan

Not an insult at all; just an observation based on truth. Some teams have a different mindset than others.

 

And people root against Highlands, it seems, often because they wish they were Highlands. :rolleyes:

 

Whatever helps you sleep at night...

  • Author
Whatever helps you sleep at night...
No, that would be Tylenol PM. :cool:

Two plays determined the outcome of this game, the bad snap on the punt that went for a safety and the fumbled kick return that caused Cov Cath to start on their own 1 yard line. Those two plays gave LaSalle great field position on 2 possessions and resulted in a 16 point swing.

 

The big difference I am seeing in Cov Cath is they are doing a much better job of overcoming these mistakes and continuing to fight. LaSalle is a good team. They may not do very well in their league this year, but I don't think there is a single team in N Ky that would do real well if their district consisted of Elder, Moeller and Cinti St X. Cov Cath is still in the learning phase with all the changes that were implemented this year. They only have 5-6 returning starters from last year, and a few of them have switched positions. Now I have always felt that if you need to lose to learn something you were pretty dim to begin with, and I don't think Cov Cath is learning from the loses but is learning from the effort. They are learning that once they cut down on the unforced errors, they will give teams fits.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.