Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LaSalle, OH 44 Covington Catholic 35

Featured Replies

  • Author
If you know a team bigger, I'll bow to your expertise. From their front line, linebackers and safeties, they were huge.......by NKY standards.
And stronger? I strongly suspect we'll find out otherwise.
  • Replies 71
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And stronger? I strongly suspect we'll find out otherwise.

How do you measure that? I've seen the Brids play Ryle and Beechwood. I could not tell how strong they were. The adjectives I would use would be lean, mean and fast.

They wouldn't be top 3 in NKY. Not even close. They barely beat CovCath who isn't even in the top 10 or may be on the cusp...so how do you figure?

 

Name 10 teams better than CCH

And stronger? I strongly suspect we'll find out otherwise.

 

And you know he is wrong because you have seen LaSalle play?

They wouldn't be top 3 in NKY. Not even close. They barely beat CovCath who isn't even in the top 10 or may be on the cusp...so how do you figure?

 

Are you being serious??? I say SK and Highlands beat them and that's it.

 

So that would put them top 3 in NKY.

 

I agree with the above poster who says name 10 teams better than CCH. I can't name them. Holy Cross is ranked like 6 or 7 and CCH beat them handily a couple weeks ago in the scrimmage. I don't put a lot of stock in those things but that is all we have to go with until these teams play it out.

For the record talking to LaSalle people today, they do have a DB who has a full ride to Indiana next year for the poster who mentioned it.

Are you being serious??? I say SK and Highlands beat them and that's it.

 

So that would put them top 3 in NKY.

 

I agree with the above poster who says name 10 teams better than CCH. I can't name them. Holy Cross is ranked like 6 or 7 and CCH beat them handily a couple weeks ago in the scrimmage. I don't put a lot of stock in those things but that is all we have to go with until these teams play it out.

 

Are you being serious??? They couldn't beat any of the 6A teams not named Cooper... Maybe CC if they caught them on the right day. They couldn't beat Highlands and probably couldn't beat Dixie. They would be in that next tier of teams like CC, HC, NCC, and BW.

 

And CovCath wasn't in the top 10 in the coaches' poll. We are talking rankings so how can you put them in the top 3 when they barely beat a team who wasn't in the top 10.

 

LaSalle's defense is decent to average and their offense is horrid. That's in Ohio or Kentucky.

Someone said his balls were floaters and blamed LaSalle's lack of coverage for the completions. That sounded somewhat of a knock to me, but maybe I'm just reading it wrong. He threw 13 more times than he ran so saying he's a run first and pass second is not accurate. Someone blamed the coaches play calls at the end of the second half and the safety for the loss. That sounded like a knock on the coaches, but once again, maybe I read that wrong too. Someone said that they will only go as far as his legs would take them. I'm not comparing him to last year's QB, I'm only defending his passing numbers. As they were 50% for two TD's and a pick. Those are pretty typical high school numbers and very similar to the last two years at CovCath. You'll also see Schafer a lot more successful aginst the next 4 opponents as they are not as big as LaSalle and Erpenbeck won't have to run as much.

 

Someone is me. I said all of that lol no need to be so indirect. I stand by every single thing I said. It's all true. You really mean to tell me you don't think the coaches are kicking themselves in the butt for that fake punt/pooch/negative yardage punt on their 40 yard line that gave Lasalle great field position and allowed them to score? THEN to get the ball back again, with about 1:30 left and do three quick plays..three and out, all run up the middle, and leave Lasalle with the ball with 1:00 left and pretty good field position again? I think they probably wish they could have a re-do on that last couple minutes. Does that make them bad coaches? Absolutely not. Not in my book anyways lol. I'll just leave it at that, because I think no matter what I say you're going to take it too far and seem to be too touchy. I stand by what I said, and I'm sorry you disagree. Best of luck this Friday.

For the record talking to LaSalle people today, they do have a DB who has a full ride to Indiana next year for the poster who mentioned it.

 

 

They definitely had one or two bright spots. That Keenan Gibbs who is going to Bowling Green was huge...and as the pictures showed, he was absolutely lighting up the guy who was on him. I made a mistake, it wasn't 66, it was 67. People on the sideline said he was doin the best he could, but the Gibbs kid is an animal..

2009 CCH vs LaSalle 045z.jpg
They may be down by GCL standards but by NKY standards they were HUGE. I'm pretty sure they have a DB going D1 (IU maybe). Down is relative.

 

IU?? are they still D1?? :lol:

Really interesting that CCH fans are now encouraged by a loss:lol:

Really interesting that CCH fans are now encouraged by a loss:lol:

Purely hypothetically speaking, and staying on the topic of being encouraged by a loss, let's say a NKY team loses a squeaker to Cincinnati St. X. Should those fans be encouraged, or discouraged? Hypothetically.

Oscar i would love to see you put equipment on and go against #99. I would bet my house that he would bury you every play. Please don't pass judgement on any players.

Purely hypothetically speaking, and staying on the topic of being encouraged by a loss, let's say a NKY team loses a squeaker to Cincinnati St. X. Should those fans be encouraged, or discouraged? Hypothetically.

 

Cincy St.X is very good and LaSalle isn't..I guess it would come down to how they lost...The team from Ft.Thomas isn't looking to lose though..:ylsuper:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.