Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LaSalle, OH 44 Covington Catholic 35

Featured Replies

They are down. They will struggle to win 2 more games on the remainder of their schedule.

 

La Salle always seems to have at least one big time D-1 player on their team. DeVier Posey-Ohio St. and Ben Martin -Ten. to name a couple.

 

I have connections at La Salle and I don't think they have 900 boys, not 100% sure, but I will check.

 

I looked it up and LaSalle has 588 kids OHSAA. Sorry for the misinformation, but honestly that is what the gentlemen told me after the game and indeed he had a LaSalle hat and Tee-Shirt on!

  • Replies 71
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lasalle may be down but they are still top 3 in NKY. Brutal schedule and I wish them luck.

 

Caught the end of the game. Very impressed with the way this Colonel team plays.

 

Erp-you are the man running at QB. I would do that whenever possible. You always seem to get positive yardage.

Lasalle by GCL standards is down. WAY down.

By NKY standards, same thing. Down. i will be the first to say, I thought there was no way a team from over there would come over into KY and be that bad. But they were. I was so unimpressed with Lasalle from the first series until the end. Did they get things clicking a little? Yes. Did they have a good player in 99 who was pretty much man-handling 66 on CovCaths' O-line? Yes. (BTW I was informed 99 is their D1 player). But that team would have got beat by a handful of NKY teams IMO. Their QB, although I hear is a very nice kid and very athletic, just isn't suited for that position. I'm sure they are doing the best they can, but they have a rough season ahead in the GCL and I wish them the best of luck as they'll need it. And now that I read what I've said, I realize it seems as though you lost the game. lol. You didn't. Congratulations! You all battled the whole time and earned your win.

 

As for CovCath. Say what you want about penalties and calls by the refs being the deciding factor. Wrong. The safety, and the play calling by the coaches at the end of the second half took this game in the wrong direction and Covcath never recovered from it. They look improved without a doubt from the first time I saw them this year though and that's a good sign. Erpenbeck is the offense and they will go as far as his legs will take them. If a team keys in on him however, CovCath is in trouble, because they have no other go to. I know everyone said Schaeffer did a lot last week, but I didn't see it today.. and while some of Erpenbecks' long balls were caught for big gain today, they are floaters, and Lasalle put no pressure on Connelly, and if a team does, that outcome will be different. Overall I came away more mpressed with Erpenbeck, happy to see them improving but realizing there is still a long way to go..but most of all severely surprised and disappointed by Lasalle,

Lasalle may be down but they are still top 3 in NKY. Brutal schedule and I wish them luck.

 

Caught the end of the game. Very impressed with the way this Colonel team plays.

 

Erp-you are the man running at QB. I would do that whenever possible. You always seem to get positive yardage.

 

They wouldn't be top 3 in NKY. Not even close. They barely beat CovCath who isn't even in the top 10 or may be on the cusp...so how do you figure?

Lasalle by GCL standards is down. WAY down.

By NKY standards, same thing. Down. i will be the first to say, I thought there was no way a team from over there would come over into KY and be that bad. But they were. I was so unimpressed with Lasalle from the first series until the end. Did they get things clicking a little? Yes. Did they have a good player in 99 who was pretty much man-handling 66 on CovCaths' O-line? Yes. (BTW I was informed 99 is their D1 player). ,

 

2009 CCH vs LaSalle 024.jpg

 

2009 CCH vs LaSalle 043.jpg

 

2009 CCH vs LaSalle 042.jpg

 

Pretty good pursuit to catch up with Erpenbeck on these last two pics

Not sure this is accurate, but this site lists LaSalle with an enrollment of 826 students.

 

Ohio Private High Schools ranked by Enrollment

 

Last night I didn't see this on the sight that I was reading about. I just assumed since it was the OHSAA site and said 2009/2011 enrollment figures but it also said in fine print.... so your figures look better than mine and so the gentlemen was rather close about the 900 boys! Thanks...

These are the enrollment figures for grades 9, 10 and 11 as of October 2008.

 

 

 

I see lots of improvement by CovCath and I see a team really coming into the new system. I've never seen numbers by a CovCath QB like I saw yesterday. I mean 29 rushes and 42 pass attempts. Are you kidding me. I saw a team yesterday that left everything on the field. I hate singling kids out, but on defense Deglow and Garnick are two of the hardest hitters I've seen in blue in a while. Sam Flynn would have been proud. Paul Ritter had a bad ankle and left the game and came back. That's showing some true grit. Any time you are within 6 points (LexCath) or 2 points (LaSalle) with a minute to go, you are one play away. The Colonels were within a score half way though the 3rd quarter against Ryle and they wore down. This team is not wearing down as much and when things come together by the time playoffs roll around, they could do some damage. They are getting better and that is what counts. Go Colonels!

Edited by CovCathiRadio

Some people keep throwing out polls. Well, early in the year teams are rewarded with wins in the polls. I love what Coach Lickert is doing at Holmes. The Bulldogs moving down to 4A, and I applaud the move, will bode well for them. Also, I think Coach Kozerski is going have Holy Cross be the team to beat in 2A in Nky this year. They have studs in Walker and Roenker. But if CovCath played Bellevue, Pikeville and Lloyd to start the year, they would be ranked in the top 10. Don't put too much credibility in these polls.....yet. Others have voiced that LaSalle is way down, well to those closely following polls, they are #7 in the entire city of Cincinnati.

Edited by CovCathiRadio

Finally, some are unimpressed with Erpenbeck as a QB and more impressed with his legs. He was 21 for 42 with 2 TD's and one INT. I think if you look at the QB stats the last two years they are right in line with those numbers.

 

It boggles my mind why some people are so very unimpressed with CovCath's players and coaches yet they continue to go to the games and only report how unimpressed they are with the players and coaches. It really, really boggles my mind.

Some people keep throwing out polls. Well, early in the year teams are rewarded with wins in the polls. I love what Coach Lickert is doing at Holmes. The Bulldogs moving down to 4A, and I applaud the move, will bode well for them. Also, I think Coach Kozerski is going have Holy Cross be the team to beat in 2A in Nky this year. They have studs in Walker and Roenker. But if CovCath played Bellevue, Pikeville and Lloyd to start the year, they would be ranked in the top 10. Don't put too much credibility in these polls.....yet. Others have voiced that LaSalle is way down, well to those closely following polls, they are #7 in the entire city of Cincinnati.

 

Just a question, as I agree that polls don't offer much insight into anything at this stage of the game, but...

 

Why would you tell people not to put much credibility into them, but then as a way to counter the fact that many are saying that Lasalle is actually a very subpar team at this point (which they are, make no mistake), you say that they are #7 to those who follow polls in Cincinnati? I think you and I both know after seeing them they aren't the 7th best team in Cincinnati. They would barely be the 7th best team in NKY.

Finally, some are unimpressed with Erpenbeck as a QB and more impressed with his legs. He was 21 for 42 with 2 TD's and one INT. I think if you look at the QB stats the last two years they are right in line with those numbers.

 

It boggles my mind why some people are so very unimpressed with CovCath's players and coaches yet they continue to go to the games and only report how unimpressed they are with the players and coaches. It really, really boggles my mind.

 

I think everyone has said they were impressed with Erpenbeck yesterday.

In fact, that is pretty much the one thing I heard across the board yesterday, was how improved he looked. You can compare him to the QB from the past two years, but really they are two different types as I'm sure you know. Erpenbeck is a run first, pass second type of QB. Last years was a more pure passer, but didn't have as quick of feet. Yesterday Erpenbeck WAS the offense, and had a balanced attack. But you're kidding yourself if you don't see that his legs are the best thing hes' got going for himself at the position. His arm isn't going to get him noticed, but his runs will. If he were to play in college, I'd doubt you'd see him playing QB.

 

And no one is unimpressed or unsatisfied with the coaches. You of all people should know, this is a MAJOR step up and everyone knows it and knows this is a rebuilding year. But they still have a long way to go..you can't fault people for reporting what they see.

Someone said his balls were floaters and blamed LaSalle's lack of coverage for the completions. That sounded somewhat of a knock to me, but maybe I'm just reading it wrong. He threw 13 more times than he ran so saying he's a run first and pass second is not accurate. Someone blamed the coaches play calls at the end of the second half and the safety for the loss. That sounded like a knock on the coaches, but once again, maybe I read that wrong too. Someone said that they will only go as far as his legs would take them. I'm not comparing him to last year's QB, I'm only defending his passing numbers. As they were 50% for two TD's and a pick. Those are pretty typical high school numbers and very similar to the last two years at CovCath. You'll also see Schafer a lot more successful aginst the next 4 opponents as they are not as big as LaSalle and Erpenbeck won't have to run as much.

Edited by CovCathiRadio

  • Author

I thought it was extremely interesting to hear the Cov Cath radio guys say that LaSalle's defense was bigger and stronger than that of any team in NKY. :eek:

I thought it was extremely interesting to hear the Cov Cath radio guys say that LaSalle's defense was bigger and stronger than that of any team in NKY. :eek:

If you know a team bigger, I'll bow to your expertise. From their front line, linebackers and safeties, they were huge.......by NKY standards.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.