Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New UK arena in the works? 30,000 seats?

Featured Replies

I think it will be great to Have two brand new arenas in the State of Ky...:thumb:Not just for Basketball but for concerts...:ylsuper:

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it will be great to Have two brand new arenas in the State of Ky...:thumb:Not just for Basketball but for concerts...:ylsuper:

 

:thumb: :thumb: :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

UK can/will top it...

Precisely the reason they'll build a new one IMO.

It to build one where the football team and basketball team can play in it.

Does anyone here have any actual insight into whether or not UK's new arena has anything do with with U of L, or is it all speculation??

Are 30K really needed? The place would be way too big if you ask me. I could see a few marquee games selling out but I think the overall atmosphere in a building that big would be poor. I would prefer a venue like Conseco fieldhouse but maybe slightly larger. Make it large but with great sightlines, sure putting the big money donors in suites is a nice idea but not if you have seats on in the stratosphere.

I don't think building a new arena has much, if anything, to do with Louisville.It has much more to do with the fact that Rupp Arena is outdated, uncomfortable & just flat out old.

 

Of course it does. Don't you know that UK, and all UK fans are jealous of "little sister," and have to match anything they do. :rolleyes:

Are 30K really needed? The place would be way too big if you ask me. I could see a few marquee games selling out but I think the overall atmosphere in a building that big would be poor. I would prefer a venue like Conseco fieldhouse but maybe slightly larger. Make it large but with great sightlines, sure putting the big money donors in suites is a nice idea but not if you have seats on in the stratosphere.

I think it is needed. There are lots of fans that would fill it up that can't get tickets now. If Cal can get the program back to form all seats will be filled no problem.:thumb:

They could use a new arena for sure. Rupp is just so blah to me really.

 

Same here.:thumb:

Does anyone here have any actual insight into whether or not UK's new arena has anything do with with U of L, or is it all speculation??
What difference does it make? Rupp needs replacing. If that's the catalyst, then so be it.

 

Since basketball can pull 30K, why not invest in a 60K or 70K retractable dome multi-purpose stadium that can converted to basketball, football, baseball, soccer, etc? The Carrier Dome on steroids.

What difference does it make? Rupp needs replacing. If that's the catalyst, then so be it.

 

Since basketball can pull 30K, why not invest in a 60K or 70K retractable dome multi-purpose stadium that can converted to basketball, football, baseball, soccer, etc? The Carrier Dome on steroids.

 

Just cover Commonwealth, I'm sure basketball fans would get abot 50,000 fans in there.

What difference does it make? Rupp needs replacing. If that's the catalyst, then so be it.

 

Since basketball can pull 30K, why not invest in a 60K or 70K retractable dome multi-purpose stadium that can converted to basketball, football, baseball, soccer, etc? The Carrier Dome on steroids.

 

Wouldn't be a bad idea just to get used to playing in a venue like that since most of the Regional and Final Four sites are now going to these types of venues.

Wouldn't be a bad idea just to get used to playing in a venue like that since most of the Regional and Final Four sites are now going to these types of venues.
Precisely and it would open up Lexington to get some of those Final Fours, too.
I think it is needed. There are lots of fans that would fill it up that can't get tickets now. If Cal can get the program back to form all seats will be filled no problem.:thumb:

 

UK doesn't even pack Rupp for every game. Now I know the product will be improved, but 30K just takes the average fan and puts him in the nosebleed section.

UK doesn't even pack Rupp for every game. Now I know the product will be improved, but 30K just takes the average fan and puts him in the nosebleed section.

 

I'll take those seats if I can get them. Keep from having to pay $100 for them from a scalper.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.