August 30, 200917 yr Does anyone here have any actual insight into whether or not UK's new arena has anything do with with U of L, or is it all speculation?? It's all speculation & it all stems from Louisville fans. As swamprat stated, it doesn't matter anyway. The bottom line is that Rupp is a great venue, but is old & out of date. The dome is an interesting idea & seems like it would make sense financially.
August 30, 200917 yr UK doesn't even pack Rupp for every game. Now I know the product will be improved, but 30K just takes the average fan and puts him in the nosebleed section. I agree. In a 30,000 seat arena the fans sitting in the top couldn't possibly see much action on the floor. They would spend most of the game looking at replays on the giant screens, which they could do the same at home. Unless one just wants to be part of the 'game atmosphere', I can't see how it could be much fun to watch human ants running up and down a small court.
August 31, 200917 yr Of course it does. Don't you know that UK, and all UK fans are jealous of "little sister," and have to match anything they do. You have no idea!
August 31, 200917 yr Just cover Commonwealth, I'm sure basketball fans would get abot 50,000 fans in there. :thumb:
September 2, 200917 yr I'm a UK fan and when I saw Louisvilles arena I thought it won't be long for UK. UK needs one and it needs one with: 1. more seats 2. student section around the floor 3. lux boxes They are missing out on a lot of money and building an atmosphere that is tougher to play in!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.