Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vick is an Eagle

Featured Replies

Vick split out wide? Can he catch?

 

Yeah, and after he catches it, he throws it to a RB, a QB, or he runs with it.

 

 

Wildcat offense....Philly style.

  • Replies 198
  • Views 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vick split out wide? Can he catch?

 

He's an unreal athlete, I don't think catching the ball will/would be much of a problem for him.

I can't see how it hurts them.

 

McNabb and the Eagles have had their issues already with the drafting of Kevin Kolb. This is a team that was in the NFC title game last year. Why bring in the distraction? Is it worth it for maybe 5 plays a game for 10 weeks or so?

 

I know they need depth at QB with the injury to Kolb, but they could have went low profile for a back up QB.

The Eagles let the dogs out!!! :lol:

:lol: You been waiting to use that one, OR? :D

:thumb:

 

Can you imagine how tough they would be to cover if they lined McNabb under center with Westbrook in the backfield, and Maclin, Jackson, and Vick split wide? No team in the league would be able to defend the amount of speed they would have out there....

 

Vick split out wide? Can he catch?

I'd be more concerned with those receivers' ability to run routes...but that absolutely is a lot of speed.

That is why even when I try to like the Eagles I can't stand them for the way they do McNabb. They have one of the best QB's in the game. All the Eagles fans have done is abused him along with the front office and his head coach. I really thought before JJ died they had a good chance to win it all. They have now put a tremendous pressure on McNabb ... Read Moreand set themselves up to self explode. They'll reap what they sew. I understand Kolb is hurt and I know about the Wildcat but to run it you have to take McNabb off the field. Awful move IMO! The only way I would be happy with it is if he was a slot player.

Did I mention how brutal the Philly fans have been to McNabb who has been all class? What happens if Vick slips up or costs a game? WOW!

That is why even when I try to like the Eagles I can't stand them for the way they do McNabb. They have one of the best QB's in the game. All the Eagles fans have done is abused him along with the front office and his head coach. I really thought before JJ died they had a good chance to win it all. They have now put a tremendous pressure on McNabb ... Read Moreand set themselves up to self explode. They'll reap what they sew. I understand Kolb is hurt and I know about the Wildcat but to run it you have to take McNabb off the field. Awful move IMO! The only way I would be happy with it is if he was a slot player.

 

Chad Pennington has been on the field when the Wildcat has been ran. Plus, just because one team runs it one way, doesn't mean it has to stay that way. I wouldn't read that much into the signing. He'll play a bit role, if any. It's still McNabb's team and if he gets injured, they now have a better and much more capable backup than Kolb.

 

You posted that on your facebook account, huh...:sssh:

I can't see how this works well for the Eagles.

 

Are you kidding? Vick adds another great athlete to a team full of offensive speed. I don't see how this could end up bad. They already have a proven QB, so it's not like they are trying to put him in a starting position.

 

:thumb:

 

Can you imagine how tough they would be to cover if they lined McNabb under center with Westbrook in the backfield, and Maclin, Jackson, and Vick split wide? No team in the league would be able to defend the amount of speed they would have out there....

 

My thoughts exactly. Not saying they will, but this team could put a spread offense on the field and dominate in the NFL, potentially of course. McNabb and Vick will play together, either could take the snap or go out wide. Heck Vick could play RB even. The will be a tough out come playoff time. I really don't know how you defend a "Wildcat" set, with two athletic QB's on the field, and 3 great athletes/pass catchers/rushers. Vick, provided he rounds into shape, can most likely play 3 positions. Maclin can play two, Westbrook pretty much plays two positions, and Jackson is dangerous. I think this is the best fit for Vick, as he has a good coach, and a team that can really use him to his full potential.

 

Vick split out wide? Can he catch?

 

He's most likely the most athletic player to ever play in the NFL, so I'm going to have to guess that he can probably catch the ball.

Yeah, and after he catches it, he throws it to a RB, a QB, or he runs with it.

 

 

Wildcat offense....Philly style.

 

That's what I said the second I heard the news of Michael Vick. They could have an offense like some flag football teams I've played on lol. Could be really fun to watch.

Chad Pennington has been on the field when the Wildcat has been ran. Plus, just because one team runs it one way, doesn't mean it has to stay that way. I wouldn't read that much into the signing. He'll play a bit role, if any. It's still McNabb's team and if he gets injured, they now have a better and much more capable backup than Kolb.

 

You posted that on your facebook account, huh...:sssh:

 

Yeh facebook lol. I just think Philly is set to make a run especially with the addition of Maclin + Peters even though the last Dawkins and JJ. McNabb has enough pressure around there and now they have added a ton on him! It's exciting thinking about Vick and McNabb in the backfield but I just think the Cons outweigh the Pros. I could be wrong he is a phenom of an athlete but I don't like it.

That's what I said the second I heard the news of Michael Vick. They could have an offense like some flag football teams I've played on lol. Could be really fun to watch.

 

Spread could be coming to the NFL a few years earlier than I thought. If this works, the rest of the NFL teams may follow in their footsteps. Remember this is a copy-cat league.

I have said before I HATE Vick in the West Coast offense too!

It is intriguing if he can play the slot with Westbrook, Maclin + the young WR's.

Spread could be coming to the NFL a few years earlier than I thought. If this works, the rest of the NFL teams may follow in their footsteps. Remember this is a copy-cat league.

 

What do you mean by spread? The passing has been there for years. The option stuff has been around some with guys like V. Young and R. Brown. I don't think you are ever going to see an all out spread option with a franchise QB. To much money for them to get pounded that much.

Are you kidding? Vick adds another great athlete to a team full of offensive speed. I don't see how this could end up bad. They already have a proven QB, so it's not like they are trying to put him in a starting position.

 

What it comes down to for me is this; is he going to be worth it for the Eagles considering they were in the NFC title game last season, made some improvements offensively in the off season and considering Vick will only see the field for around 50 plays at most this season if things go well for the Eagles?

 

I say no.

Are you kidding? Vick adds another great athlete to a team full of offensive speed. I don't see how this could end up bad. They already have a proven QB, so it's not like they are trying to put him in a starting position.

 

 

 

My thoughts exactly. Not saying they will, but this team could put a spread offense on the field and dominate in the NFL, potentially of course. McNabb and Vick will play together, either could take the snap or go out wide. Heck Vick could play RB even. The will be a tough out come playoff time. I really don't know how you defend a "Wildcat" set, with two athletic QB's on the field, and 3 great athletes/pass catchers/rushers. Vick, provided he rounds into shape, can most likely play 3 positions. Maclin can play two, Westbrook pretty much plays two positions, and Jackson is dangerous. I think this is the best fit for Vick, as he has a good coach, and a team that can really use him to his full potential.

 

 

 

He's most likely the most athletic player to ever play in the NFL, so I'm going to have to guess that he can probably catch the ball.

 

The most athletic person to ever play in the NFL? Seriously?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.