August 14, 200917 yr My point is just because he's a fast QB doesn't mean he can catch a ball, or block, or catch a ball when a safety/linebacker is waiting to knock his head off. Ward has been one of the most steady, solid wideouts in the league for a long time. My point is that he's such a good athlete, nevermind QB, that I wouldn't bet against him being able to do it, a do so at a fairly high level.
August 14, 200917 yr Ward also played a lot of WR in college. Think about all the guys that have played QB and there are less than a handfull that have been good WR's in the Pros. Now add a guy being out of the league 2 years on top of that.. :thumb: :thumb:
August 14, 200917 yr Ward has been one of the most steady, solid wideouts in the league for a long time. My point is that he's such a good athlete, nevermind QB, that I wouldn't bet against him being able to do it, a do so at a fairly high level. That's one guy who was at one point a part time QB who turned in to a pretty good wide receiver. That means it will work for any QB who's athletic? Maybe Vince Young should try it too?
August 14, 200917 yr Dennis Dixon too. He is a sleeper backup athlete IMO! You could convert some Nickell DB's too because those guys are really athletic and fly. Worked for Troy Brown and Deion Sanders. Vick is athletic enough that he could be what puts them over the top. I just think it is a disaster waiting to happen. Uneeded pressure on McNabb. McNabb has a bad game and the fans will be calling for Vick. Vick messes up and that spoiled Philly crowd will undress him IMO! Philly is going to win games. They are one of the most talented teams in the league with good coaching. It all comes down to 2-3 games. You have to ask will he put them over the top or will this hurt them more than help with all the distractions...pressure etc. Only time will tell. I can see both sides. I don't like the move myself.
August 14, 200917 yr He is coming is purely as a back up I would say. McNabb is poised for a big year.
August 14, 200917 yr This is an excellent signing. Here's why: - He is another weapon and something else other defenses have to prepare for. - They ran the wildcat some last year with Jackson and they will run it more and it will be even more effective this year with Vick. - McNabb has had some major injury problems and he gives them well above average back up incase he is hurt again. (Which could very easily happen) - If he does do ok but they end up not wanting him(which is unlikely to happen), they can use him as trade bait...very unlikey but who knows. - When he gets back in football shape, he is still better than half the QBs in the league. He also has Tony Dungy on his side, which can't hurt anything. - The Eagles are solidified at QB and their coach has been there for 10 years also. They can handle it and I think he will be utilized correctly and make their team much more explosive. - McNabb also said that he lobbied for Vick to come cause he will make them a better team.
August 14, 200917 yr This is an excellent signing. Here's why: - He is another weapon and something else other defenses have to prepare for. - They ran the wildcat some last year with Jackson and they will run it more and it will be even more effective this year with Vick. - McNabb has had some major injury problems and he gives them well above average back up incase he is hurt again. (Which could very easily happen) - If he does do ok but they end up not wanting him(which is unlikely to happen), they can use him as trade bait...very unlikey but who knows. - When he gets back in football shape, he is still better than half the QBs in the league. He also has Tony Dungy on his side, which can't hurt anything. - The Eagles are solidified at QB and their coach has been there for 10 years also. They can handle it and I think he will be utilized correctly and make their team much more explosive. - McNabb also said that he lobbied for Vick to come cause he will make them a better team. I can understand where you are coming from other than this one. When and where did he say that? Do you have a link. That one is hard for me to believe.
August 14, 200917 yr Vick split out wide? Can he catch? Are you kidding me man? Vick is arguably the most freakish athlete to ever play in the NFL. I once watched a special on him talking about how he was ambidextrous and could do things with his opposite hand almost as good as what he could his natural hand (left). It was showing him throw a ball like 50 yards right handed, and 70+ left handed. I guess catching a football is a hard thing to do though. :confused: What really sucks about all of this for me is that Vick used to be my favorite player. Now, he is an Eagle?:ohbrother: As a Cowboy fan that sucks, he could have went to almost any other team. I'm happy for him though, I am glad somebody gave him the chance he deserves, I guess I will have to learn to not hate Phili as much as I do now.
August 14, 200917 yr I can understand where you are coming from other than this one. When and where did he say that? Do you have a link. That one is hard for me to believe. He said it in an interview. I think it was a post game interview from tonight. I'll try to find a link, but I heard it too.
August 14, 200917 yr I can understand where you are coming from other than this one. When and where did he say that? Do you have a link. That one is hard for me to believe. I saw it on ESPN while I was typing that post. Have no links but he did say it.
August 14, 200917 yr I can understand where you are coming from other than this one. When and where did he say that? Do you have a link. That one is hard for me to believe. "I pretty much lobbied to get him here," McNabb said. "I believe in second chances and what better place to get a second chance than here with this group of guys. ... He's no threat to me, not for Kolb. We had the opportunity to add another weapon to our offense." http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4397938 :thumb:
August 14, 200917 yr ESPN :thumb: Politically correct? McNabb has always been class! Philly deserves to loose him IMO to see what life without him will be like. They have treated him like dirt there. I'd love to see him in a place that embraces him! Vick is a freak no doubt. I still wonder about being out 2 years. Performance and health wise.
August 14, 200917 yr I still wonder about being out 2 years. Performance and health wise. I don't want to question his physical shape, but not playing in a NFL game since 2006 could definitely play a role in his performance.
August 14, 200917 yr Are you kidding me man? Vick is arguably the most freakish athlete to ever play in the NFL. I once watched a special on him talking about how he was ambidextrous and could do things with his opposite hand almost as good as what he could his natural hand (left). It was showing him throw a ball like 50 yards right handed, and 70+ left handed. I guess catching a football is a hard thing to do though. :confused: What really sucks about all of this for me is that Vick used to be my favorite player. Now, he is an Eagle?:ohbrother: As a Cowboy fan that sucks, he could have went to almost any other team. I'm happy for him though, I am glad somebody gave him the chance he deserves, I guess I will have to learn to not hate Phili as much as I do now. If catching a ball was easy, don't you think more people would do it? Vick has been out of football for a while now...he's not just going to come in and be as "freakish" as he was. He was in prison for 23 months :lol:. It seems like some of you are exaggerating Vicks abilities IMO.
August 14, 200917 yr If catching a ball was easy, don't you think more people would do it? Vick has been out of football for a while now...he's not just going to come in and be as "freakish" as he was. He was in prison for 23 months :lol:. It seems like some of you are exaggerating Vicks abilities IMO. You could say it like that, but for a guy with his abilities and talent, you could also say that once he gets back into football shape, which could take a month or two, he will at the very least be as good as the average NFL player. To say he wasn't one of the best athletes, if not the best, in the NFL 2 years ago isn't an accurate statement. To think he can't come back is unrealistic. It's not like he'll be the first person to sit out for a year or two and then come back and play again. I also don't think he is going to be a receiver in the mold of Moss or Owens. I think people mean it in the Wildcat offense, which isn't your typical offense. He is being brought in as a qb, not a wr. No one is saying he is going to come back and make the Pro Bowl, but I think it is very reasonable to see him start practice on Friday, play in the last 2 preseason games, practice every day with the team until mid October, and then come back and play a bit role in the Eagles drive to the Super Bowl. I don't think that is asking too much. I think you really don't like him and want to see him fail, and that is your right. I think and hope he'll be fine. I guess we'll see.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.