Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vick is an Eagle

Featured Replies

How was he a distraction? They won a super bowl with him and made the playoffs every single year he was in New York. When he shot himself, he became a distraction. Before that I don't think he was as big of a problem as some want to believe.

 

It's no more of a stretch than to say the same about Vick.

 

Just because a team makes the playoffs, doesn't mean everything is perfect. TO's teams are almost always in the playoffs. Would he classify as a jerk, head case and distraction?

  • Replies 198
  • Views 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Works for me! :lol: I think TE is one of the coolest positions. There's the "traditional" way of thinking, yet there are ways to be more creative with that position. If you have an extraordinary athlete, it could be a great option, and gets him on the field and back into the game (Vick specifically here). I just know that sometimes the "traditional" size at any position doesn't always apply to some who are outside the norm, but have abilities beyond their physicality. Does that make any sense?

 

I agree. As I said, there's no way he could switch to that position permanently. But, if you can find a way to effectively line him up there for a few special plays, I don't see why it couldn't be attempted?

 

A lot of the top receiving TE's are below average blockers anyway. With Vick, you'd just be saying, "This guy is not here to block. Don't even worry about it. But, you better have an athlete to cover him." :D

 

Teams would probably have to put a smaller DB on him in a man-to-man situation. Maybe Vick could "seal the edge" against Trevard Lindley? :lol:

Did you all know Cincy offered him?

Has he ever done anything prior to this to make you feel that way? The fact that he isn't on the tabloids, news, etc speaks volumes for his character because he is obviously attempting to re-enter society peacefully. Sure his charges have made the news, etc, but he has not been on the news chatting anything up like others do daily, ex: TO, D. Sanders, Ocho Cinco, etc.

 

You need to just admit that you hate him and move on.:D

 

I guess that next Monday you will not be taking him on our fantasy draft, correct?

 

I don't like him at all, but my hatred for him grew even more when he became an Eagle :D. And no I won't be taking him.

It's no more of a stretch than to say the same about Vick.

 

Just because a team makes the playoffs, doesn't mean everything is perfect. TO's teams are almost always in the playoffs. Would he classify as a jerk, head case and distraction?

 

Like I said, Burress became a distraction when he shot himself in the leg. Before that, he might have taken on some extra unnecessary attention, but he didn't cause problems in the Giants locker room.

Did you all know Cincy offered him?

 

I heard that on the radio this morning, 2 year contract.

If they're dumb enough to try him there, it won't matter if he does get hurt. He'd just be taking up space as a wideout. Having him injured would force them to play a real receiver instead, which would be an upgrade.

 

:thumb: The argument I've been trying to make is that I don't think he'd make a good wide receiver. I could be wrong, but I don't see it happening.

Just giving you grief HB. It is ironic that your stance is so staunch considering the division Vick is now in.

 

I've never been a fan of Vick. The team he joined just makes me dislike him more :D.

:thumb: The argument I've been trying to make is that I don't think he'd make a good wide receiver. I could be wrong, but I don't see it happening.

 

I didn't know we were in argument...I thought we were just agreeing with each other on the WR issue and singing kum-ba-yah.:lol:

When I said my argument I didn't mean my argument with you. I meant in general.

When I said my argument I didn't mean my argument with you. I meant in general.

 

I know. :thumb:

 

Just felt like posting something funny...or semi-funny.

I will say Philly now has the best backup QB in the league. It will help him that he has been in the West Coast system I just hate that system fit for him. The more I think about it him on the field with Macklin, Westbrook, Jackson is scary. I think it is going to come down to how DMac plays. If he gets off to a tough start or loses a couple of games late in the year it will be really ugly! Philly rolled the dice....it's going to be interesting. They got him for a cheap price so I think it all comes down to it being "is he worth the hassell". He has said himself he is not in football shape right now. I wonder about him getting injured being out then coming back. Hard Knocks was an eye opener to just how brutal the NFL is on players bodies! Those guys are freaks!

It will be interesting to see how quickly the Commish lets him play.

When did I say Ward wasn't good?

 

Ummmm.....maybe when someone named him off with a few others and you lumped them together as quote "good receivers?".

I don't see Vick being used as a WR. If he does, I'd say most of the passes he'd get would be quick screens to get him the ball in space...there's too many other things he could do right now, IMO, to waste time trying to polish him as a WR. Look at Devin Hester...the guy was a CB and kick returner and he's had a steep learning curve to play WR. WR in the NFL seems to have one of the steepest learning curves of any position.

JMO

 

Don't make an example with Hester though. They guy has never had a position that he can play except for KR or PR. And I love Hester as a player. But, the coaches at Miami couldn't figure out if he was a WR, CB, S, RB, and the answer is that he is really none of them. He is a great athlete with some of the best open field instincts that the NFL has seen.

 

I don't think WR is that tough to transition to, I think you are either a natural out there or you aren't.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.