Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vick is an Eagle

Featured Replies

:thumb:

 

I like the move strictly from a personnel standpoint. You aren't hurting your team by adding talent like Vick.

 

I'm assuming Philly is going to get creative on offense and design some plays/packages especially for Vick...at the least, that should include some Wildcat stuff and some HB-pass type plays with Vick as the HB obviously.

 

But you could be hurting your team by adding a headcase like Vick.

  • Replies 198
  • Views 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I agree what Vick done was extremely wrong and unjust, I also think people have took it extremely too far. I mean seriously, it wasn't like he was taking the family Yorki Terrier and throwing it into a grouping of ravid Pit Bulls. It wasn't like he was throwing Pomeranians out the window for laughs and giggles. He was training and fighting dogs known for their agressiveness and fighting and was competeting them. Although I personally do not agree of condone dog fighting, I do realize that in Urban and some southern settings it is common place. There is rarely a person out there who goes and buys a full blooded Pit to raise as a sweet and lovable family pet. Some do, but it is a rarity. People who own Pits own them for their aggressive qualities. I know it was wrong, but coming from where Vick is coming from, I have no clue whether he honestly and morally thought he was doing something so injust, or doing something he just knew as sport. If he would have been tying two cats' tails together and throwing them over a powerline, then give him all of the flack he's had to recieve up until this point. Fact is, he stupidly took part in something hundreds of thousands of others take part in, and he was punished as severly based on his reputation, his name, and his status. Let's not forget he basically served the suggested maximuum sentence for his crimes. Again not trying to take up for him, because again I do not believe in fighting dogs as the moral thing, but I am not shallow enough to think that there are people out there who know it as simply a sport. The man has paid his dues, he has been in jail, served his time, and his whole persona is now ruined. What more does anybody want, other than to glee in the fact Mike Vick is to be nothing?

I tired of people bashing Vick, give the guy a chance he has done his time in jail and people should get off his back.

 

I really hope he proves all of his haters wrongs.

 

Good Luck Vick.

 

Vick is a jerk and anyone who "bashes" him has every right to do so.

Some have already been given. Here's another, Anquan Boldin. BTW, saying Ward isn't a good NFL player is a bit of a stretch.

 

 

 

Yeah because horrible QB's take a team with no talent and turn them into a playoff team. Vick may not be the boring pocket passer that traditionalist have to have in the backfield, but he won, mostly with pretty bad talent.

 

When did I say Ward wasn't good?

:thumb:

 

Not everyone is a pure skilled athlete as Vick was, one has to assume he has zero problem with doing anything skilled in the NFL, sure he will be rusty after sitting out for 2 years, but I'm sure after camp he will be close to being back. Phenoms as Vick just don't lose their natural ability. I was really hoping to see him in Denver but I hate the Eagles also but I hope he does well. I hate the crime he committed but his case has been the biggest witch hunt in American sports. He has paid his time and then some for his actions, time to let him back into society without further judgement.

 

HB20, I think you are comparing him to some drug addict who recidivates over and over and over, his crimes fall into another category of actual rehabilitation. I don't feel he'll have any dog rings in his back yards, whereas it is hard to tell a junkie not to take a tylenol, etc. and get hooked again, then stealm manipulate, etc. His crimes can actually be treated, considering he isn't foaming at the mouth to see dogs fight again.:puke:

 

 

I honestly do not think he will be running any dog rings anymore. But that doesn't mean I don't think he'll be a law abiding citizen either.

But you could be hurting your team by adding a headcase like Vick.

 

He got in trouble for breaking the law outside of football, did his time, and now he's back.

 

I suppose it's possible he could be a mental wreck now, but I don't see any reason to believe that will actually be the case.

 

The fact that Tony Dungy is involved here gives Vick a lot of credibility, IMO.

 

I don't expect him to negatively affect the chemistry in Philly. The only potential downside I see is backlash from people who are anti-Vick. Otherwise, they've added a tremendous talent to an already stacked roster...to put it simply, Andy Reid has a new toy.

 

There's always risk/reward in the NFL. In this case, I think the risk is relatively low and the reward is very high. Good move.

Some have already been given. Here's another, Anquan Boldin. BTW, saying Ward isn't a good NFL player is a bit of a stretch.

 

 

 

Yeah because horrible QB's take a team with no talent and turn them into a playoff team. Vick may not be the boring pocket passer that traditionalist have to have in the backfield, but he won, mostly with pretty bad talent.

 

 

Once again you are putting words in my mouth.

 

I never said he was horrible. I said he wasn't that good of a QB. He could run, but he could not throw very good at all IMO.

But you could be hurting your team by adding a headcase like Vick.

 

How can it hurt your team when his actions that he committed were off the field? His teammates in Atlanta loved him. Not once when he was in Atlanta was he ever accused of being a bad teammate or a headcase as you call it. As Cats3X said, he may not have been a traditional qb, but he won games at the qb position which is all we ask for, right? And he did it with little talent around him.

 

He may not have been a model citizen, but I think it's a stretch to say he''ll hurt the team because he's a headcase. He's not nearly the headcase that T.O. is and even T.O. took the Eagles to the Super Bowl.

Once again you are putting words in my mouth.

 

I never said he was horrible. I said he wasn't that good of a QB. He could run, but he could not throw very good at all IMO.

 

But he won games. The only numbers that matter are the W's.

I don't see Vick being used as a WR. If he does, I'd say most of the passes he'd get would be quick screens to get him the ball in space...there's too many other things he could do right now, IMO, to waste time trying to polish him as a WR. Look at Devin Hester...the guy was a CB and kick returner and he's had a steep learning curve to play WR. WR in the NFL seems to have one of the steepest learning curves of any position.

 

JMO

I don't see Vick being used as a WR. If he does, I'd say most of the passes he'd get would be quick screens to get him the ball in space...there's too many other things he could do right now, IMO, to waste time trying to polish him as a WR. Look at Devin Hester...the guy was a CB and kick returner and he's had a steep learning curve to play WR. WR in the NFL seems to have one of the steepest learning curves of any position.

 

JMO

 

Maybe this is a stupid question, but what about TE?

How can it hurt your team when his actions that he committed were off the field? His teammates in Atlanta loved him. Not once when he was in Atlanta was he ever accused of being a bad teammate or a headcase as you call it. As Cats3X said, he may not have been a traditional qb, but he won games at the qb position which is all we ask for, right? And he did it with little talent around him.

 

He may not have been a model citizen, but I think it's a stretch to say he''ll hurt the team because he's a headcase. He's not nearly the headcase that T.O. is and even T.O. took the Eagles to the Super Bowl.

 

Really? I could have sworn he was on crutches during their run to the big game. :sssh:

What do you all expect McNabb to say? He's all class and politically correct! Do you really think he wants to answer 50,000 questions or here the awful Philly crowd chant for Vick when he plays bad? Sorry I'm not buying. I'm glad Vick is getting a chance. The personnel thoughts are very intriguing. He's been out a couple of years and is learning a new playbook with some similarities. He might make an impact late...time will tell. His whole deal will be a distraction starting last night. I see both sides. Time will tell. It's a good situation to learn from Reid and McNabb for Vick. He's always been enamoured with how DMac became an athletic pocket passer.

Really? I could have sworn he was on crutches during their run to the big game. :sssh:

 

That was the best team McNabb has played with to date. T.O. sat out the last two meaningless games of the regular season and he had a great game in the Super Bowl. With torn tendons in his ankle. Remember, "he wasn't the one throwing up in the huddle with 5 minutes on the clock.":sssh:

 

Did he play in the playoffs? I thought he did, but I could be mistaken.

I don't see Vick being used as a WR. If he does, I'd say most of the passes he'd get would be quick screens to get him the ball in space...there's too many other things he could do right now, IMO, to waste time trying to polish him as a WR. Look at Devin Hester...the guy was a CB and kick returner and he's had a steep learning curve to play WR. WR in the NFL seems to have one of the steepest learning curves of any position.

 

JMO

 

I think most people are talking about in the Wildcat offense that he could line up as a wr. At this point, he is obviously being brought in as a backup qb, which suits him well for now. Unless McNabb gets hurt, he's likely to appear in Wildcat formations and maybe get some mop up or spot duty from time to time.

 

Who would you rather have as a backup qb.....Vick, Kolb, or Feely? I think the answer is obvious.:lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.