Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vick is an Eagle

Featured Replies

Ummmm.....maybe when someone named him off with a few others and you lumped them together as quote "good receivers?".

 

I never said Ward wasn't good, go back and re-read the thread.

  • Replies 198
  • Views 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't make an example with Hester though. They guy has never had a position that he can play except for KR or PR. And I love Hester as a player. But, the coaches at Miami couldn't figure out if he was a WR, CB, S, RB, and the answer is that he is really none of them. He is a great athlete with some of the best open field instincts that the NFL has seen.

 

I don't think WR is that tough to transition to, I think you are either a natural out there or you aren't.

 

Then why don't more "athletic" QB's who aren't good at QB switch over and go to wide receiver?

 

Even if they do and they become successful at it, there seems to be some growing pains during the time that they are learning the position. Playing WR is not as easy as you want to make it out to be.

Good pick up for Philly, having Vick, McNabb, Westbrook, Maclin and Jackson on the field at the same time will make for an explosive offense.

 

If there are any Philly fans in BGP land, does this make you dislike Philly?

Philly fans will not go for this. I look for huge backlash.

 

Philadelphia fans are so hungry for championships year in and year out that I think if the Eagles start winning and Vick makes a difference they won't have a problem with it.

 

If the move goes over badly though, I too look for this to be a big deal.

Philly fans will not go for this. I look for huge backlash.

 

Philly fans, like all other NFL fans, are first and foremost concerned about making their team better. That's the only way they will judge Vick.

 

They could care less about the dogs.

I never said Ward wasn't good, go back and re-read the thread.

 

When you lumped them all together, it was implied that none of the WR's mentioned were very good. Be specific next time, it's hard to take what someone says in correct context over the internet.

 

Then why don't more "athletic" QB's who aren't good at QB switch over and go to wide receiver?

 

Even if they do and they become successful at it, there seems to be some growing pains during the time that they are learning the position. Playing WR is not as easy as you want to make it out to be.

 

How many athletic QB's are fast and agile enough to play WR? McNabb isn't. I don't think VY is, though you could maybe play him as a pass catching tight end. T.Jackson at Minnesota isn't. Most really athletic QB's just aren't fast enough to be pro receivers. Vick, in his prime, was arguably the fastest player in the league.

 

And nothing in the pros is easy, but WR is the easiest of the basic offensive and defensive positions. QB's have to know everything about the offense, RB's have to adjust to the speed and brutality of the NFL game not to mention learning the different pass blocking schemes and protections. Lineman have to learn the protection schemes, the blocking schemes, and once the come into the league it's the first time they have played D-Lineman week in and week out that they cannot man handle. All positions on defense are tougher to adjust to.

 

The disadvantage former QB's have in experience at WR, is outweighed by their knowledge of coverage, seeing the field etc., provided they have the athleticism to play and can catch/block.

 

Philly fans, like all other NFL fans, are first and foremost concerned about making their team better. That's the only way they will judge Vick.

 

They could care less about the dogs.

 

Truest statement in this thread.

When you lumped them all together, it was implied that none of the WR's mentioned were very good. Be specific next time, it's hard to take what someone says in correct context over the internet.

 

 

 

How many athletic QB's are fast and agile enough to play WR? McNabb isn't. I don't think VY is, though you could maybe play him as a pass catching tight end. T.Jackson at Minnesota isn't. Most really athletic QB's just aren't fast enough to be pro receivers. Vick, in his prime, was arguably the fastest player in the league.

 

And nothing in the pros is easy, but WR is the easiest of the basic offensive and defensive positions. QB's have to know everything about the offense, RB's have to adjust to the speed and brutality of the NFL game not to mention learning the different pass blocking schemes and protections. Lineman have to learn the protection schemes, the blocking schemes, and once the come into the league it's the first time they have played D-Lineman week in and week out that they cannot man handle. All positions on defense are tougher to adjust to.

 

The disadvantage former QB's have in experience at WR, is outweighed by their knowledge of coverage, seeing the field etc., provided they have the athleticism to play and can catch/block.

 

 

 

Truest statement in this thread.

 

First of all, I never said or implied that Ward or any other receiver (Randel El) were bad receivers. I said they were not "very good". Meaning that they are not top 10 or even top 15 WR's imo. I was as specific as I needed to be.

 

Wide receiver is the easiest? According to who? You? Are you an NFL expert? Because I've read at least a few times that it's one of the hardest positions in the NFL to learn in your first year at the position. Most rookies struggle at wide receiver, but you see many rookie running backs do well. Matt Forte is one example of a very good rookie running back. Chris Johnson is another...

 

And who says Vick has all of this knowledge of coverage, seeing the field etc. He wasn't a very good QB :lol:. He never had a QB rating over 81 (only hit the 80's once) and he never threw for more than 20 TD's. He also never threw for more than 2900 yards in a season. He was a running QB who couldn't pass very well.

First of all, I never said or implied that Ward or any other receiver (Randel El) were bad receivers. I said they were not "very good". Meaning that they are not top 10 or even top 15 WR's imo. I was as specific as I needed to be.

 

Wide receiver is the easiest? According to who? You? Are you an NFL expert? Because I've read at least a few times that it's one of the hardest positions in the NFL to learn in your first year at the position. Most rookies struggle at wide receiver, but you see many rookie running backs do well. Matt Forte is one example of a very good rookie running back. Chris Johnson is another...

 

And who says Vick has all of this knowledge of coverage, seeing the field etc. He wasn't a very good QB :lol:. He never had a QB rating over 81 (only hit the 80's once) and he never threw for more than 20 TD's. He also never threw for more than 2900 yards in a season. He was a running QB who couldn't pass very well.

 

Vick's best receiver when he was qb was the te Alge Crumpler. Roddy White just learned how to play receiver last year. Vick never had even an "average" receiver to throw the ball to. Also, when you have the athletic abilities of Vick, it would be stupid for him to not run the ball. He set the rushing yardage record for qb's. Why not run the ball since you have no receivers to catch it? As a Tampa Bay fan, I'd take him as the starting qb, today.

 

You have already admitted you hate him, so there really is no point arguing with you when you are blinded by hate.

 

This is almost like talking to Cats3X about Kobe.:cool:

Philly fans, like all other NFL fans, are first and foremost concerned about making their team better. That's the only way they will judge Vick.

 

They could care less about the dogs.

 

No doubt. When the fans of Philly applaud Michael Irvin's career ending injury, I doubt they are concerned about any of Vick's crimes. As soon as McNabb has a bad game, they'll be chanting for Vick to come in.

 

The most popular guy on the team is almost always the backup qb.

As far as the wr issue goes, my standpoint is that in the Wildcat offense he can line up there. I am not talking about taking over permanently. I don't know if he'd ever be a number 1 receiver, but I believe his athletic abilities would give him a good shot at being successful at the position.

Good pick up for Philly, having Vick, McNabb, Westbrook, Maclin and Jackson on the field at the same time will make for an explosive offense.

 

If there are any Philly fans in BGP land, does this make you dislike Philly?

 

I am a Philly fan for reasons I don't even know, but they are just fun to watch. I draft Westbrook for my fantasy team every year (#2 pick this year in the BGP league:notworthy:), and got Donovan and their defense this year.

 

I do not like what Michael Vick did, but he is an exciting player to watch and I am looking forward to see what Andy Reid does with him in the offense. I still like the Eagles regardless of this pickup and wish them success.:ylsuper:

Even if he only plays 50 plays, defense will have to game plan for him.

 

That is 50 snaps you take away from a QB that got you to the NFC title game last season that has more weapons this season. Why do that?

Vick's best receiver when he was qb was the te Alge Crumpler. Roddy White just learned how to play receiver last year. Vick never had even an "average" receiver to throw the ball to. Also, when you have the athletic abilities of Vick, it would be stupid for him to not run the ball. He set the rushing yardage record for qb's. Why not run the ball since you have no receivers to catch it? As a Tampa Bay fan, I'd take him as the starting qb, today.

 

You have already admitted you hate him, so there really is no point arguing with you when you are blinded by hate.

 

This is almost like talking to Cats3X about Kobe.:cool:

 

And you are obviously a fan of him so your view is just as slanted as mine.

 

And Roddy White got better because Vick was gone. White had two years with Vick (05 and 06) and he never had more than around 500 yards. He's had two years without Vick as well, and he's had over 1,200 yards each year without him.

I am a Philly fan for reasons I don't even know, but they are just fun to watch. I draft Westbrook for my fantasy team every year (#2 pick this year in the BGP league:notworthy:), and got Donovan and their defense this year.

 

I do not like what Michael Vick did, but he is an exciting player to watch and I am looking forward to see what Andy Reid does with him in the offense. I still like the Eagles regardless of this pickup and wish them success.:ylsuper:

 

Drafting Westbrook #2 in any draft what so ever (unless you are drafting Philly players only) is an awful pick IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.