Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vick is an Eagle

Featured Replies

He's an unreal athlete, I don't think catching the ball will/would be much of a problem for him.

 

It's not easy to catch a ball from some of these QB's. If it were, every fast person in the NFL or in the world would be a wide receiver.

 

Catching balls from NFL QB's can result in broken fingers and dislocated fingers and taking huge hits over the middle. Being a wide receiver also involves blocking, unless you just plan on throwing every single time he's out there, but then the defense knows what is coming every time he is out there.

 

I guess it's worth a shot to them...but I'm glad my favorite team stayed as far away from this guy as possible. I'm sure a lot of other fans feel the same way.

  • Replies 198
  • Views 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, and after he catches it, he throws it to a RB, a QB, or he runs with it.

 

 

Wildcat offense....Philly style.

 

I don't think it's that easy.

What it comes down to for me is this; is he going to be worth it for the Eagles considering they were in the NFC title game last season, made some improvements offensively in the off season and considering Vick will only see the field for around 50 plays at most this season if things go well for the Eagles?

 

I say no.

 

Even if he only plays 50 plays, defense will have to game plan for him.

 

The most athletic person to ever play in the NFL? Seriously?

 

Who was more athletic? Low 4.2 speed with agility and ankle breaking moves. Find me someone who can top that. Vick could have played QB, RB, WR, or DB at the NFL level. I don't know of anyone else who could realistically do that. Even the people that he is compared to like Cunningham, Young, McNabb, etc. do not touch what he can do. Yes, he's the most athletic player I have ever seen in the NFL.

^^^Possibly, you could make an argument for Randy Moss though. I don't see anyone else.

It's not easy to catch a ball from some of these QB's. If it were, every fast person in the NFL or in the world would be a wide receiver.

 

Catching balls from NFL QB's can result in broken fingers and dislocated fingers and taking huge hits over the middle. Being a wide receiver also involves blocking, unless you just plan on throwing every single time he's out there, but then the defense knows what is coming every time he is out there.

 

I guess it's worth a shot to them...but I'm glad my favorite team stayed as far away from this guy as possible. I'm sure a lot of other fans feel the same way.

 

Many times though, a former QB turns into a very good, or at least adequate WR. Most of the really fast people that struggle at WR in the NFL don't understand running routes or getting open. QB's have a better grasp on that as a whole. I will give Vick the benefit of the doubt that he can catch.

Many times though, a former QB turns into a very good, or at least adequate WR. Most of the really fast people that struggle at WR in the NFL don't understand running routes or getting open. QB's have a better grasp on that as a whole. I will give Vick the benefit of the doubt that he can catch.

 

Any examples of former QB's who turned in to a very good wide receiver?

Even if he only plays 50 plays, defense will have to game plan for him.

 

 

 

Who was more athletic? Low 4.2 speed with agility and ankle breaking moves. Find me someone who can top that. Vick could have played QB, RB, WR, or DB at the NFL level. I don't know of anyone else who could realistically do that. Even the people that he is compared to like Cunningham, Young, McNabb, etc. do not touch what he can do. Yes, he's the most athletic player I have ever seen in the NFL.

 

He wasn't that good at QB IMO. He wasn't the worst one in the league, but he wasn't that good.

 

He has athleticism, I'm not denying that. I just don't see him as the most athletic person in the NFL now, much less ever.

1.6 million for Vick, that tells me that he won't just be sitting on the bench with a clipboard. I can't wait to see what Reid comes up with to showcase his athleticism. As far as McNabb being worried, the guy's track record speaks for itself, he's had a very good career.

Any examples of former QB's who turned in to a very good wide receiver?

 

I think he's talking about guys like Randle-El and Ward....

I think he's talking about guys like Randle-El and Ward....

 

Those are "very good" wide receivers?

Those are "very good" wide receivers?

 

Hines Ward isn't a very good WR? Since when?

Any examples of former QB's who turned in to a very good wide receiver?

 

At this point only Ward, Randle El and Bert Emanuel come to mind but both were drafted as Wrs after playing Qb in college. Emanuel had a pretty solid career with Atlanta during the '90's.

Hines Ward isn't a very good WR? Since when?

 

Were either of those guys ever full time QB's? Didn't Ward do it once in a while at Georgia filling in when someone got injured?

 

And he hasn't been "very good" since 2002.

 

My point is just because he's a fast QB doesn't mean he can catch a ball, or block, or catch a ball when a safety/linebacker is waiting to knock his head off.

At this point only Ward, Randle El and Bert Emanuel come to mind but both were drafted as Wrs after playing Qb in college. Emanuel had a pretty solid career with Atlanta during the '90's.

 

I think Ward was mainly a wide receiver in college...playing QB in spots. I know he started a few games, but I believe he spent most of his college career at WR.

 

And Emanuel had 1 year over 1000 yards.

 

I guess Ward fits in as a guy who used to be a part time QB and at one time was a very good NFL wide receiver. But I wouldn't consider either Emanuel or Randle El "very good" NFL wide receivers.

Ward also played a lot of WR in college. Think about all the guys that have played QB and there are less than a handfull that have been good WR's in the Pros. Now add a guy being out of the league 2 years on top of that. He is athletic enough that it might be a good pick up. I understand that. IMO Philly already had the potential to be a Super Bowl contender. This could put them over the hump but I can see it blowing up in their face.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.